Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys! ive recently been testing a dc 7x1 motor and my problem is this. the solder of the negative wire on the motor or the negative wire on the bullet connector from the esc going to the battery keeps melting. it only happens on the negative wires. And only when i use 8x1 or 7x1. ive been using 27t and 19t outlaw dc motors without this occuring. im using a novak gt7 esc on a shumacher mi2.

thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

your running bullet connectors with a 7 turn
Old 10-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jayps
Hi guys! ive recently been testing a dc 7x1 motor and my problem is this. the solder of the negative wire on the motor or the negative wire on the bullet connector from the esc going to the battery keeps melting. it only happens on the negative wires. And only when i use 8x1 or 7x1. ive been using 27t and 19t outlaw dc motors without this occuring. im using a novak gt7 esc on a shumacher mi2.

thanks.
jayps try:
-using a better solder lead
-cleaning area where solder is done before soldering
-using a motor heatsink
-installing a much more wire heatsink
Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

CURTIS: alrighty then.. i guess i will see you if schedule and funds permit... i am tempted to use the 8x1 signature series you made for us but since you will be debuting the new DC motor hmmmm???! do you have Much More CTX settings for the DC Matched packs? what charging parameters do you recommend?

STRIKER: you have the shirt but i have the motor lets both use it in Malaysia hehehe! when are you coming home? FEMCA??? i was with jay awhile ago and we will be fixing the booking in a few days time... how are the showgirls i mean vegas treating you?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanx for the info curtis, are the f brushes better than 767 and why?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rbboy
CURTIS: alrighty then.. i guess i will see you if schedule and funds permit... i am tempted to use the 8x1 signature series you made for us but since you will be debuting the new DC motor hmmmm???! do you have Much More CTX settings for the DC Matched packs? what charging parameters do you recommend?

STRIKER: you have the shirt but i have the motor lets both use it in Malaysia hehehe! when are you coming home? FEMCA??? i was with jay awhile ago and we will be fixing the booking in a few days time... how are the showgirls i mean vegas treating you?
RBB- i would be coming home on the 8th of nov. going to miss the one race of the masters series but i am sure i would be able to catch up using my dc monster stock. VEGAS girl are treating me well here is a few pix. enjoy!!! ... i did
Attached Thumbnails DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:-image_00146.jpg  
Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

jayps: Not to say bullet connectors aren’t the way to go, but there are much better connectors out on the market (for instance Deans plugs).... I'd try changing the connectors for the bullet style to Deans plugs, and use either 14 gauge or 12-gauge wire....

rbboy:
If your going to the FEMCA in Malaysia don't worry about motors, I'll supply you with those ..... Haven't messed around step charging the IB's to much, mostly we use a straight linear 5 amp charge with a .02-.015 cutoff...

Kerry: The F-brush last longer & create less comm wear than 767's, providing the same if not more power ....

Curtis,
Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Curtis,

I order you a Ti3 12*1 motor last week. Idon't receive it yet. My order ID is 165.
Do you think I will receive it this week? I have a race this week end ansd I'd like to test it.

My mail is [email protected]

Thanks

Julien
Old 10-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by canto54
Hi Curtis,

I order you a Ti3 12*1 motor last week. Idon't receive it yet. My order ID is 165.
Do you think I will receive it this week? I have a race this week end ansd I'd like to test it.

My mail is [email protected]

Thanks

Julien

Hi Julien,

Standard international airfreight can take up to 5-7 business days for transit; this doesn't include any customs delays either....

Curtis,
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Curtis, how hot can a Ti3 get before affecting performance? This past Sunday racing, I was running the new 7x1 arms you just sent me in the cans from the 7x1 and 8x1 I got from you a month or so ago. Dunno why, but the car just felt slower down the straight. Nothing else has changed on the car, batteries, speedo. Maybe it's just that I'm used to the speed now, but it was a bit disconcerting.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Curtis, how hot can a Ti3 get before affecting performance? This past Sunday racing, I was running the new 7x1 arms you just sent me in the cans from the 7x1 and 8x1 I got from you a month or so ago. Dunno why, but the car just felt slower down the straight. Nothing else has changed on the car, batteries, speedo. Maybe it's just that I'm used to the speed now, but it was a bit disconcerting.

Stealth_RT:
I bet it's just the difference in comm size that's affecting overall performance (or at least what you've been accustomed to running).... I try to keep the comms as big as possible (.299-.295) when we're finished with production... Guaranteed when the comm size starts to fall below .290" you'll notice a big gain in overall performance....

Curtis,
Old 10-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Stealth_RT: Part 2 to your question was; how hot can a motor get before overall performance is lost.... Greater than 250*F will severely affect the performance of the magnets, however rezapping the can will re-saturate the magnets back to there original strength...

Curtis,
Old 10-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i have got a few motors like 300f and after that they were TOAST!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

uhhhhh I would think so..... even nitro engines are toast after they hit around 300 lol.

-Korey
Old 10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

ive gotten nitro motors 2 420

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.