Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I think the XXX brush may have more power than the CS and Reedy brushes but it draws a lot more amps so its harder to make run time with it.

The CS and Reedy brushes are more efficient and have more than enough power.

I wouldn't call either of the 2 brushes "Efficient" (777 or CS)…. This word is used too often in the wrong context….. For these brushes to be “Efficient” they would draw the same current as the XXX’s, make the same power and yet be easy to make runtime with (See my point)…. But what really goes on is they consume less current, therefore less energy from the pack is being used….

Curtis,
Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
highwayman: YUP .... Although it isn't mandatory, cutting the comm every run will help with runtime.....

Curtis,

cool... the reason i asked... 'cause a friend of mine told me that, in cutting the comm every run, my brushes won't be able to seat properly...
Old 09-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

i don't know if this has been answered before, but im just curious why the Ti3 now has stand-up brushes? as compared to the Ti worlds edition of having laydown brushes?

thanks- jason
Old 09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The Ti3 is based off the original Ti platform, not the Ti Worlds. The Ti3 has an updated endbell with brush hoods closer to the comm and surface mount capacitors. It just works better in most applications, especially in TC, 12th scale, and oval.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

cool... thanks... i also noticed that the angle of the springs are very different on DC motors... is this due to the different or closer brush hoods? does it produce more or less pressure on the brushes?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
The Ti3 is based off the original Ti platform, not the Ti Worlds.

... also, should i gear my Ti3 the same as the Ti Worlds edition? what advatages does the ti3 have over the worlds?

thanks again
Old 09-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would try the same gear...but I may be wrong---I haven't actually run a Ti Worlds motor. A Ti3 will make just as much, if not more overall power, run cooler, and it's much easier to make runtime with than a Ti Worlds motor. The Ti Worlds seems to have a lot of bottom-end and is the reason they still prefer it in off-road.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by highwayman
... also, should i gear my Ti3 the same as the Ti Worlds edition? what advatages does the ti3 have over the worlds?

thanks again

I honestly thought the Ti worlds motor felt flat when I tested it, which isn’t uncommon for a torquey motor to fill like that in a TC….. The biggest difference you’ll notice is more midrange RIP & top end over the Ti worlds….

Curtis,
Old 09-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

curtis,

whats your opinion in the comparison between the Ti3 and the Cobalt?
i have a Ti3 but i was looking at getting a cobalt, or is the Ti3 much
better? Also are the CS Brushes ok with the Cobalt?

thanks
Old 09-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

I honestly thought the Ti worlds motor felt flat when I tested it, which isn’t uncommon for a torquey motor to fill like that in a TC….. The biggest difference you’ll notice is more midrange RIP & top end over the Ti worlds….

Curtis,
yup... sounds right, i felt that on a short track, but i experimenterd with the brushes, i used a cavity style on it and it works ok for now, plus i really had to gear it two teeth higher than my KR.

anyway, kudos to your Ti3...
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AL-HEX
curtis,

whats your opinion in the comparison between the Ti3 and the Cobalt?
i have a Ti3 but i was looking at getting a cobalt, or is the Ti3 much
better? Also are the CS Brushes ok with the Cobalt?

thanks

Overall I like the Ti3 Better than the Cobalt, it’s a higher quality product, so I know my customer are getting what they paid for with the Ti3… The CS brushes are regular size stand-up, unless you change the hoods on the Cobalt they won’t fit.

Curtis,
Old 09-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have you had a chance to look at the Epic Shocks? They are very Check-Point-ish in endbell design so things like hood alignment and fit should be good.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Have you had a chance to look at the Epic Shocks? They are very Check-Point-ish in endbell design so things like hood alignment and fit should be good.

Hey Adrian,

The Shock’s endbell doesn't come assembled (fully unassembled), when purchased as an OEM teardown from Trinity. And from what I saw, well, they can keep it; the hoods were a very poor fit in the endbell (loose), and the screw holes for the spring post weren’t even tapped. The hoods themselves needed to be epoxied into the endbell (by the OEM customer, not the manufacturer) and if they’re not aligned perfectly, well your screwed….. Overall, just poorly machined Chinese CRAP, another GREAT Trinity product

Curtis,
Old 09-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Easy Curtis, get rid of that rage, you'll need to be nice and calm, making all the HP for the DC guys in Vegas
Old 09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hey Adrian,

The Shock’s endbell doesn't come assembled (fully unassembled), when purchased as an OEM teardown from Trinity. And from what I saw, well, they can keep it; the hoods were a very poor fit in the endbell (loose), and the screw holes for the spring post weren’t even tapped. The hoods themselves needed to be epoxied into the endbell (by the OEM customer, not the manufacturer) and if they’re not aligned perfectly, well your screwed….. Overall, just poorly machined Chinese CRAP, another GREAT Trinity product

Curtis,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.