Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TK421
So... Lets talk bodies for a sec... I had a bitch of a time getting the holes for the body mounting located. The kit included template did not match the body posts on the kit nor did the premarked dimples on the body it self. What is the trick to getting this lined out?

Lou
I usually make my holes BEFORE I paint the body. I line it up how I want it to sit ON TOP of the body mounts then use a sharpie to mark the spot to ream the hole.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN5145

Great tool if you race SC a lot

PL sells a similar product.

http://www.prolineracing.com/protofo...-mounting-kit/
Old 06-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

How are you guys setting up your rear end suspension? I feel like mine is a little "soft" I'm using the pistons per the manual, 27.5wt oil, and the kit included springs. How much preload should I have in the rear shocks? I was thinking about changing the oil to 30wt.

Front end feels great and it is set up per the manual but with 32.5wt oil in the shocks.

Thanks.

Lou
Old 06-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all
I am from SA and would like to ask some dump questions please.
With my first electric car the losi 8ight i have the Hobby W 2250 motor and Hobby W XR8 plus.
I cannot get reverse on it and i would like to know,if it is right for the batt to be cold Motor and ESC hot with 15 pinion on std spur (45 ) i think i am not understanding the programming card from Hobby W, the new Digital Multi or must ask u guys please to help me find a platform to start from tuning it please. Thank u
Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Tech Prophet

How are you guys setting up your rear end suspension? I feel like mine is a little "soft" I'm using the pistons per the manual, 27.5wt oil, and the kit included springs. How much preload should I have in the rear shocks? I was thinking about changing the oil to 30wt.

Front end feels great and it is set up per the manual but with 32.5wt oil in the shocks.

Thanks.

Lou
Shock preload is used to adjust ride height of the car. This is a very important adjustment to tuning your car. Shock"preload" does not change the spring rate of the shock and thus should not be used to try and adjust the "stiffness" of the shock package.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks.

Lou
Well lets see....I have mine built per manual BUT used AE 30wt in all four corners with green springs out back and blacks up front. If you can, pick up the Losi tuning spring kits for front and rear. With those, you can play with the springs to get your desired suspension feel.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SCTE 2.0 or TLR 1/8 buggy

Hi guys. I know this is off topic. I did start a new thread but only one person answered. I'm going to start racing and want either the TLR scte or the 1/8 buggy. From ppl that may have run both, what would be the best for a beginner racer. I like both and my local track is 1/8 and more popular, but that doesn't mean it's best for me who knows.
Thanks

Wow just been reading further up the forums about 2 pole and 4 pole motors and the drain 4x4 can put on them and batteries. If SCT is best for beginner should I go with 2wd

Last edited by Grimmlar; 06-17-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grimmlar
Hi guys. I know this is off topic. I did start a new thread but only one person answered. I'm going to start racing and want either the TLR scte or the 1/8 buggy. From ppl that may have run both, what would be the best for a beginner racer. I like both and my local track is 1/8 and more popular, but that doesn't mean it's best for me who knows.
Thanks

Wow just been reading further up the forums about 2 pole and 4 pole motors and the drain 4x4 can put on them and batteries. If SCT is best for beginner should I go with 2wd
You are correct right there: beginner = 2WD SCT.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Initiate

No clue what my ride night is... I picked up some 30wt at my LHS this morning and switched the oil in the rear shocks. I dialed in some preload on both front and back, the truck sits pretty level on the ground now.

Took it to the track and put a battery through it. I am much happier! The truck seems to have a little better take off and no longer bottoms out on landing from jumps.

I did, however, break my first part. The VR racing Ackerman link. It book the thin CF flange that the screw rides down in to clear the steering assy cover plat. I have the stock bush piece still but I'm going to see what I can do to continue using the VR unit.

Is anyone using the CF steering assy cover plate from jammin products?

Lou
Old 06-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

No clue what my ride night is... I picked up some 30wt at my LHS this morning and switched the oil in the rear shocks. I dialed in some preload on both front and back, the truck sits pretty level on the ground now.

Took it to the track and put a battery through it. I am much happier! The truck seems to have a little better take off and no longer bottoms out on landing from jumps.

I did, however, break my first part. The VR racing Ackerman link. It book the thin CF flange that the screw rides down in to clear the steering assy cover plat. I have the stock bush piece still but I'm going to see what I can do to continue using the VR unit.

Is anyone using the CF steering assy cover plate from jammin products?

Lou
Never seen anyone break a VR ackerman plate. Have not seen one with a screw down in it either. Screw goes trough the bearing that rides in the ackerman plate. I'm confused about what broke. I'm still abusing the first VR plate I got 2-3 years ago. If its broken you can't fix it. The part will not have the integrity it needs.

The front top plate is something I have cracked a few times. I went to carbon fiber and started pulling the screws out of the diff case near the shock tower. The final fix is the King Headz SCTE Upper Steering Plate.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/king-he...te-010/p268743
Old 06-20-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Turns out I did break the ackerman link. I just had it installed upside down and the bearings pulled out. I have a it all sorted now and the truck is running very well. I ran two full batts at the track last night and it seemed to hook up a little better and steering was on point.

Thanks for the input on the steering plate :-)

Lou
Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I heard SCTE 3.0 coming out? Hope this is true.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
I heard SCTE 3.0 coming out? Hope this is true.
People have been "hearing" that for years.

Some guy claimed to have heard it a month after the 2.0 was released.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

People do say a new truck is on the way. Each time I had solid intel it turned out to be a RTR or other version of this platform. I know one thing. This platform has survived a long time. Updated chassis, parts and small changes keep trickling down that keep it running at the front. It might be a top contender for a long time to come.

I don't think it needs pillow ball suspension, 15mm shocks or other major changes. Although I would like that stuff just to have a new design What I would like to see is a fresh number 3 with all the updates included in the box. The new 22 shocks/4 hole machined pistons, center dog bones, front aluminum carriers, aluminum rear diff bearing holders/shims, ball bearing ackerman, Xray diff washers, tighter fitting ball links and MIP solid chassis stiffeners. That would be an updated truck worthy of the SCTE Pro V3 SCTE name and box pic update!
JMHO
Old 07-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Prophet

David Jenson has been dominating the 4wd SC scene on the west coast for quite a while now. His setup is on Casper-RC.com now if you want to check it out.

http://casper-rc.com/images/TEN-SCTE...d%20Jenson.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.