Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I've tried the alum steering rack and it's no better than stock.crank the stock unit fully tight run the vision Ackerman your as good as it gets. Use tiny washer under the right side steering rack to keep up down movement out. Use 2.0 eight buggy steering links and steel balls. tekno cvd kit is mandatory for smooth full-lock steering the whole front end feels like money. I've just grinded the carriers and hubs with a dremel and side of front diff case and the front of a arms so wheels turn to within couple hundredths of touching the back side of hubs at full lock
I've had the 1.0 and bce setups work great like this but with the 2.0 it always Feels like more left steering than needed and not enough right with a constant push entering higher speed hard rights. I must be missing something.

I've tried some odd asymmetrical things to correct it. this track has a lot of high open rights and just a few hair pin left's.
Have you put it on scales and checked the weight distribution?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

I've tried the alum steering rack and it's no better than stock.
Not sure if this is the one you speak of (http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=854), but I had nothing but trouble with it on SCTE (and Traxxas). The aluminium parts, when they get some dirt/dust in them, bind. They don't slide over each other like the plastic ones do. I would brake the spindle/carries regularly. Couldn't figure it out. Went back to plastic rack, and never had a problem.

Actuallly, been running 1/2 plastic, 1/2 aluminum, just because I have it. Works pretty good.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some one have the list of the updated parts of the new SCTE 2.0 ?
My end link have so much play, would like to swap for the updated parts.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgod
Have you put it on scales and checked the weight distribution?
no i dont have a four point scales,I wouldnt think the esc is throwing it off by that much with the way its pushing right,just have to find someway of getting the steering balanced better,some more grinding to do and diff off set wheels most likly will get me where i want to be with it.

Im using durango 1/8th steel balls and plastics on the inside camber and steering and 1/8 2.0 losi balls and plastics on the outside,will let ya know what holds up best,both are far better than alum. trying dubro alum and plastics on rear camber.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey there guys. Just a question for you seasoned 2.0 pros. How tight are you all threading the blue alum servo saver spring nut? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
Hey there guys. Just a question for you seasoned 2.0 pros. How tight are you all threading the blue alum servo saver spring nut? Thanks.
Most everyone runs them cranked down pretty tight.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I also noticed on mine that it does seem like the steering goes farther one way than the other side goes I'm at work and can't remember which way has more ATM but there is a definite difference.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I've tried the alum steering rack and it's no better than stock.crank the stock unit fully tight run the vision Ackerman your as good as it gets. Use tiny washer under the right side steering rack to keep up down movement out. Use 2.0 eight buggy steering links and steel balls. tekno cvd kit is mandatory for smooth full-lock steering the whole front end feels like money. I've just grinded the carriers and hubs with a dremel and side of front diff case and the front of a arms so wheels turn to within couple hundredths of touching the back side of hubs at full lock
I've had the 1.0 and bce setups work great like this but with the 2.0 it always Feels like more left steering than needed and not enough right with a constant push entering higher speed hard rights. I must be missing something.

I've tried some odd asymmetrical things to correct it. this track has a lot of high open rights and just a few hair pin left's.
Good info. I shimmed the servo saver to stop up and down slack. I also noticed better turning to the left. When I raced this chassis as a Pro8 I could see the motor is torquing the chassis weight to the right side under throttle. On short run jumps when it was launched under power the right rear would be loaded heavy as it left the lip of the jump. Holding throttle would induce the start of barrel roll, letting off made it correct some mid air. I think we are seeing this effect on steering in more weight on right side under power. Torque steer? Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

I dont think this one is effected by that,its flys very well in the air. Most every scte I run across that has poor left steering is because the right side ball end is hitting the side of diff case,depending on what degree of toe the truck is running,I grinded that and many parts in the front end to get max steering,sim to what the tlr 15 deg castors give you,and a little more,The way the steering rack is designed with the ling ackerman it gives less torque to the left side steering.most always the outside wheel at full lock still has a little play to it and isnt being held tight.

Last edited by ResultsRC; 03-17-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

no i dont have a four point scales,I wouldnt think the esc is throwing it off by that much with the way its pushing right,just have to find someway of getting the steering balanced better,some more grinding to do and diff off set wheels most likly will get me where i want to be with it.

Im using durango 1/8th steel balls and plastics on the inside camber and steering and 1/8 2.0 losi balls and plastics on the outside,will let ya know what holds up best,both are far better than alum. trying dubro alum and plastics on rear camber.
Just scaled mine today ready to run with body and gold dirt webs. Rx8, 7400 promatch, and 4700 hobbywing. Ride height even front to back and shock collars even side to side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8h52ri6j0...33.49.jpg?dl=0
Old 03-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

hows yours turning setup like this
Old 03-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

hows yours turning setup like this
Not as good as I would like. I've struggled with this truck since I built it to get it to turn as well as my old truck. I've had 3 1.0s and 2 2.0s and this is the worst of any of them for steering. It's a copy of my last truck all the parts are the same. The only variable I can think of is the old chassis was the bce prototype and this one is production. Maybe the material changed or it's thicker but it doesn't have the traction in general of my first one.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

your using a tlr chassis or the production bce model. What changed exactly in the front end from the 1.0 to the 2.0 ? Caster blocks? carriers? head angle on chassis?
Old 03-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

your using a tlr chassis or the production bce model. What changed exactly in the front end from the 1.0 to the 2.0 ? Caster blocks? carriers? head angle on chassis?
I'm using a production bce. The 1.0 used the same suspension geometry just different layout. It had more weight forward. My 2.0 has 52% rear, my 1.0 had 48% rear.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fredmotokx
Some one have the list of the updated parts of the new SCTE 2.0 ?
My end link have so much play, would like to swap for the updated parts.
Maybe TLR guys can make us a list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.