Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I use the novak 4.5t 550 can now but on some of the layouts my track will have I'm always looking for more motor. I still do very good with the 2pole 550 motor but sometimes when I'm battling with a 4pole motor they have a little more yank and can get past me.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 15 deg alum spindle carrier

Broke right side. Cant find one in stock. Any word on when these with be available?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone know. What is the number of teeth. On the stock spur gear on the center diff?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4wires
Does anyone know. What is the number of teeth. On the stock spur gear on the center diff?
40 tooth spur. The RRP ones are super quite
Old 08-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

What are your tire recomendations for Bashing and having fun on race tracks ?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FabsSpeed
Track tires will depend on the surface. Bashing tires like driving around your neighborhood I would suggest a larger lug tire for wear. The stock SCTE 1.0 tires (Losi eclipse) is a great bashing tire.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I finally got to race this past weekend and the truck really done a lot better . At least I could take corners with out spinning out every time. But I have a cpl questions.

1. are there heavy duty ball ends I can get to replace the stock steering ends ? there's soooo much slop in my tires I cant even set my camber

2. I put the RPM front bumper on my truck and after every race I had to re tighten the 4 screws that go thru the bottom into the diff . My question is do I need to replace the front diff ? Or is there something I'm missing ?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtraycer
I finally got to race this past weekend and the truck really done a lot better . At least I could take corners with out spinning out every time. But I have a cpl questions.

1. are there heavy duty ball ends I can get to replace the stock steering ends ? there's soooo much slop in my tires I cant even set my camber

2. I put the RPM front bumper on my truck and after every race I had to re tighten the 4 screws that go thru the bottom into the diff . My question is do I need to replace the front diff ? Or is there something I'm missing ?
1) I'm using Losi 8 2.0 balls in the regular SCTE rod ends and them seem to be holding up better than the SCTE specific parts. Using these on the outer ends of the camber links requires modifying the ball (to make it shorter) and may not be for everyone. The stock [8 2.0] parts work as-is on the inner ends of the camber links and both ends of the steering links.

2) Before replacing the diff case get longer 8-32 flat head screws and see if that solves your problem. I'm using longer screws and I've had an RPM bumper on for so long that all the ribs on the bottom have worn away months ago. The screws never come loose except when I take it apart for maintenance.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FabsSpeed
General advice - as Casper said...

If you are bashing frequently, then you might like to try the Proline Trenchers which have big lugs and seem to last a long long time (still on my first set). If you're bashing out in grass fields and dirt, then the Proline Badlands will give you good traction, but might round off quickly on tarmac.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is the part no for the black fr a d silver r springs used n the latest dunford setup thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eddomak
General advice - as Casper said...

If you are bashing frequently, then you might like to try the Proline Trenchers which have big lugs and seem to last a long long time (still on my first set). If you're bashing out in grass fields and dirt, then the Proline Badlands will give you good traction, but might round off quickly on tarmac.
Thank you. I just ordernd some Proline Badlands
Old 08-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

I'm having a weird problem with my truck. After about 5 minutes of the truck running great it cuts out and only has about a quarter throttle speed. I check it out and the low voltage red light blinks on the esc. I turn it off, try again and the same thing happens (runs for a while then cuts out). Temps are good on the motor and esc. Things I've tried: 1. Replaced motor and esc. 2. Changed receiver. 3. Tried all 5 of my 2 cell batteries and checked the voltage of batteries (still charged).
The only thing I haven't replaced electronically is the Servo. And the truck rolss freely with no binding. Any ideas?

I'm running a Reventon Pro 1.1 with 4.5t TrackStar motor. 4pl transmitter with futaba 3 ch receiver. I was running a Novak Ballistic 4.5t with Havok Esc. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:24 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebalance
Hey Guys,

I'm having a weird problem with my truck. After about 5 minutes of the truck running great it cuts out and only has about a quarter throttle speed. I check it out and the low voltage red light blinks on the esc. I turn it off, try again and the same thing happens (runs for a while then cuts out). Temps are good on the motor and esc. Things I've tried: 1. Replaced motor and esc. 2. Changed receiver. 3. Tried all 5 of my 2 cell batteries and checked the voltage of batteries (still charged).
The only thing I haven't replaced electronically is the Servo. And the truck rolss freely with no binding. Any ideas?

I'm running a Reventon Pro 1.1 with 4.5t TrackStar motor. 4pl transmitter with futaba 3 ch receiver. I was running a Novak Ballistic 4.5t with Havok Esc. Thanks.

Normally I would say it's the low voltage setting on the esc, but you tried a different esc and it doesn't make sense that it would be the transmitter.You could check all the settings on it. You could try someone else's batteries. May be there's an issue with your charger.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I also used the old 4mm bullet connectors from the esc to the battery. They are the kind that spin around. i wonder if maybe one of those is bad? I'll change them out tomorrow.

The batteries I have work fine in my Slash so I don't think it's a battery problem.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebalance
I also used the old 4mm bullet connectors from the esc to the battery. They are the kind that spin around. i wonder if maybe one of those is bad? I'll change them out tomorrow.

The batteries I have work fine in my Slash so I don't think it's a battery problem.
Check for heat in your wiring after you run. I found a short between the ESC and the motor where the wires pass through the tunnel on the center diff mount. The shielding wore through and was causing inconsistent issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.