Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F>T>R
Im having a glitch problem after making about two or three laps?? Here's my setup - trl 2.0, tekin 4600kv, mmp esc (with bec) savox 1258, futaba rx & radio..

Not sure if I needs a glitch buster or if I need to change something in esc??? Any help??
its your Savox servo. A glitch buster is necessary but may not entirely fix your problem. The BEC in the MMP may not be strong enough.

Switch to a Hitec Servo and you'll be fine. Try the glitch buster first, hopefully that fixes it.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bitties5Deuce
So I'm fairly new to Scte but not indoor clay. I recently acquired a Ten-Scte 4x4 w the TLR tuning kit and 2.0 upgrades. The problem I'm having is it seems to dive in corners and the inside rear tire lifts then it spins out. I'm running 30wt rear and 35wt front. Blue springs front red in rear. Black sway bars f/r. Shock position front is inside top inside bottom. Rear is mid top inside bottom.
It's seems to have too much body roll. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Front shocks, move bottom out. What's your camber link setup on the rear?
Old 03-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im having a glitch problem after making about two or three laps?? Here's my setup - trl 2.0, tekin 4600kv, mmp esc (with bec) savox 1258, futaba rx & radio..

Not sure if I needs a glitch buster or if I need to change something in esc??? Any help??
did you hook up the castle bec with the castle link and turn up the power.
might help good luck
Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
its your Savox servo. A glitch buster is necessary but may not entirely fix your problem. The BEC in the MMP may not be strong enough.

Switch to a Hitec Servo and you'll be fine. Try the glitch buster first, hopefully that fixes it.
Would switching to a rx8 esc and keeping the savox be any better?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMURACN
my shocks are hole 3 at the top and middle at the arm.

i'm purchasing brand new front/rear driveshaft cvs and axles. There is zero binding that i can find.
What I have figured out is that after running the new bump steer mod and having my EPA at max throw,I gave it more throw to touch at some point, even more.What happens then is the bone will rub on the stub axel back bowl area and start to cut the bone.Truck has so much steering but it is the culprit I feel.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Would switching to a rx8 esc and keeping the savox be any better?
Yea, a gen2 RX8 should work better.

MMP BEC's are kind of weak.

Personally I dislike Savox servo's they've caused me brownouts more than I care to share, even costing me a race on the last friggin last lap.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Front shocks, move bottom out. What's your camber link setup on the rear?
The bottom was in the middle I moved them in, it seemed to help but same problem still. My camber link setup on the rear is top hole on tower outer on hub.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys not sure if this the right thread or not ill ask anyway

my 2.0 is running the hobbywing exrun system with the 120a esc and the 4000kv motor.
what is happening is whenthe battery is fully charged 8.1V its runs perfect but when the volts drop to 7.9V it begins to estitate and the motor makes a weird humming sound. when this is happeing it wont allow you to apply anymore than about 1/4 throttle if you do try to it shuts power of to the motor until you release the throttle and go again.

has anyone eles running the same electrics had this or heard of theis happening at all.
this is my first elec kit and im stumped.
a guy at the track said to put a capicitor in the receiver so i gought a novak one from amain and it is still doing it.

any help will be appreciated greatly
Old 03-24-2014, 05:05 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sounds like you might be bumping up against the low voltage cut off. What type of battery are you using? How long are you running the thing? These things will suck a 5000mAh battery dry pretty dang quick so you are better off going after a decent quality pack of 6000mAh or better.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? starting over

So my house burnt down and i lost all of my cars. i raced 2wd sc before. trying to deside if i want to get his truck. do you guy think it is worth the money?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SPACOLY
hi guys not sure if this the right thread or not ill ask anyway

my 2.0 is running the hobbywing exrun system with the 120a esc and the 4000kv motor.
what is happening is whenthe battery is fully charged 8.1V its runs perfect but when the volts drop to 7.9V it begins to estitate and the motor makes a weird humming sound. when this is happeing it wont allow you to apply anymore than about 1/4 throttle if you do try to it shuts power of to the motor until you release the throttle and go again.

has anyone eles running the same electrics had this or heard of theis happening at all.
this is my first elec kit and im stumped.
a guy at the track said to put a capicitor in the receiver so i gought a novak one from amain and it is still doing it.

any help will be appreciated greatly
Try turning your lvc in the hw program box down between 2.8-3.0 . This should help.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yamaha rider
So my house burnt down and i lost all of my cars. i raced 2wd sc before. trying to deside if i want to get his truck. do you guy think it is worth the money?
Wow so sorry to hear about your house. 4wd SC is a lot of fun. More traction faster speeds. The SCTE 2.0 is an amazing car.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
Wow so sorry to hear about your house. 4wd SC is a lot of fun. More traction faster speeds. The SCTE 2.0 is an amazing car.
Thanks and i think i will have to give it a try.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Yamaha rider
Thanks and i think i will have to give it a try.
Also what electronics would you recommend?
Old 03-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by bds81175
Sounds like you might be bumping up against the low voltage cut off. What type of battery are you using? How long are you running the thing? These things will suck a 5000mAh battery dry pretty dang quick so you are better off going after a decent quality pack of 6000mAh or better.
hi mate
i am using a gensace 70c 5000mah and getting 10/15mins maybe before it does this thing on me ill bring the lvc down to 3.0V and see if that helps

cheers peeps

just another question if it is hitting lvc shouldnt the ecs flash red like the book says??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.