Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
The receiver is exposed? What about when racing on a dusty track? Hopefully some mod can be done
It's no different then running a 2wd sc. My reciever is totally exposed to the elements on my 2wd and I've never had any issues.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

The receiver is exposed? What about when racing on a dusty track? Hopefully some mod can be done
Kind of concerned me too. I run on rutted out big tracks with a little mud when it gets watered down. Thats what keeping me from getting the 2.0
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Oh man I've been reading this thread the last week and I'm in such a quandary

I'm in the process of performing a major overhaul to my SCTE:

KH chassis, motor mount, and long rear brace
Full HD shocks w/ TiNi shafts
TiNi hinge pins
New diff cases, gear sets, and lightened outdrives
Pre-cut Perf. Body
Tekno cvds, and drive shafts

And now there's the SCTE 2.0 AHHHHHHH I want the 2.0 so what to do:

1. Keep it for a backup to the 2.0 and buy the 2.0 and accompanying electronics?
2. Keep the hopups but sell the chassis and SCTE as a roller and wait for the 2.0?
4. Keep it until I get the 2.0 and sell it as-is?

This is purely rhetorical but just wanted to share the "fun" challenges of RC.....too many choices and all have at least 1 benefit......
Everything you bought already comes with the truck except the Tekno gear and KH mount. So put it all in and run it until you make a decision, because it isn't doing any good for you just sitting around!

If you decide to buy new, you can just swap out your KH mount/Tekno stuff.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Get one of them fancy transponder mounts and install the receiver underneath it. That way all the holes point downward and the dirt stays out.

Or, put silly or plumbers putty in the extra port (bind, aux, or whatever) to seal it.

Companies also have small receiver boxes (I think AE has a decent on for the Nitro T4 stadium truck) you could mount on the chassis behind the servo/ahead of the motor. Put your ESC and xponder in there..
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

My buddy put the radio box from the 1.0 on my old MIP chassis. On the 2.0 it looks like there is space direct ly behind the servo. No problem.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is kind of a random question but I was wondering, is the 2.0 quieter than the 1.0? Not that it really matters but the 1.0 is so damn loud.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick

But I do have a few questions for Ryan and team regarding the 2.0:

1. The shock build only shows the o-ring over the body is that correct, no o-ring in the cap at the top?
2. I read a comment about the ESC placement being pretty far. I would tend to agree as longer wires induce more resistance. What gauge wires did you test with in both 550 and 540 motors? How did the wires, motor, ESC hold up?
3. How long of sensor cable are we going to need to use?
4. Did you consider reversing the servo/ESC location? What were the challenges besides the mold redesign?

Clearly a lot of thought went into using the same parts as the current SCTE; granted it's cheaper too ; but I would have been more impressed had #4 been incorporated (perhaps a feature in as aftermarket chassis).

I look forward to getting my hands on one, be it a kit or a conversion.
1. Yes new o-ring goes over the outside threads. works awesome.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...p-o-rings.html

2. Wires hold up fine. (look at MIP) I would good 12 gauge. which is what I was already using.

3. Most of the longer sensor wires offered will work. I think 200mm or longer. I will try and double check.

4. Due to the mold changes and really minimal benefit (wires are still pretty long but I agree shorter) I am not sure this would have been worth the extra tooling costs but have not looked into the logistics of this change in detail. Not sure if the servo takes up more space then an ESC? Again have not looked into this more. Maybe Ryan did?

All my 2wd recievers are exposed. You can mount it to the chassis behind the servo if you choose. Plenty of room and side guards will protect it some. Ryan has been running his receiver in this location exposed for about a year not with no issues.

Originally Posted by Gene158
This is kind of a random question but I was wondering, is the 2.0 quieter than the 1.0? Not that it really matters but the 1.0 is so damn loud.
My 2.0 was super quite all fresh but an all metal drive train (yes spur is plastic) will get noisey over time. Since the drive train really did not change much (front center drive shaft is not at quite as steep an angle but parts are all the same) it will develop noise over time. Keep the gears lubed up and it should help.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gene158
KHZ dual bearings front and motor mount made the v1 quieter. As the Khz has an extra support point, wonder if the motormount will fit the v2 with the clearance being smaller.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah thats one of the few things I don't like about the 2.0
Old 02-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nanoverse
KHZ dual bearings front and motor mount made the v1 quieter. As the Khz has an extra support point, wonder if the motormount will fit the v2 with the clearance being smaller.
I am asking myself the same questions but I would think they fit because the original plastic parts didn't change, just the top plate off the middle diff with the cable holder.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bashdj
I am asking myself the same questions but I would think they fit because the original plastic parts didn't change, just the top plate off the middle diff with the cable holder.
The rear torque rod might be in the way.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd say switching to the MIP spur gear quieted my truck down the most out of anything I've done.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skyler hays
a day or two no big deal. i was just making sure it wasnt a week or so difference. i live in the south and we can normally race 11 months out of the year outdoors. if it was a week or two difference it might mean missing a race in march due to weather.
Our LHS is not an "authorised Losi dealer" as Horizon i believe calls it I try and support him 100% and he tried to get a 22sct but wasnt allowed to order it.

When this truck hit this week I called Horizon and they explained that he would be able to order it about 2 weeks after the launch..... Welll the 1.0 was sold out by then and I cant take the chance of that happening soooo Im going to have to order two from elsewhere. This is a horrible thing to do to the LHS we try to support them and we CANT without the possibility of delays...

Change your policies Horizon let the little guys eat.
Rant of the day
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Very, very nice to see a complete racers style kit! I love my DESC410! But in the market for something that can rub paint with some of these heavier SC's without getting tossed off the track or forced to get out of my line and lose a position.
I really like the Tekno kit but I find it truly refreshing to see a kit with all the option parts. Finally!!
A full spring tuning kit would be the cherry on top! I'm still not sold on the driveline angle or the intentional bind for optimal steering and traction post. That sounds a little like "snake oil" especially to anyone with an engineering background. Maybe poor choice of words or a better explanation is in order.
I'm also curious if a D-joint option like Durango optioned for the DEX410 has been tested or considered for that front DS.
Other than that, nice job! I'm in a holding pattern with my next purchase. Tekno went with a more economical kit with good intentions to help grow the sport and understandably their business as well. I personally just want a fully boogie race kit. My SCTE 1.0 was purchased about a week before the MIP kit was released. I think I dropped $1500 that day at HotRods with the SCTE, TLR, MIP, Tekin combo etc.

Also any testing done with a smaller 3S or 4S combo?
Was considering a 4000mah 3S with a 3300kv or possibly a 2500mah 4S and 1900ish kv. This would be for club racing with flexible rules and/or just a 2nd practice only kit. These super high mah 2S batteries are doing more harm than good IMO.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 AM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Kind of concerned me too. I run on rutted out big tracks with a little mud when it gets watered down. Thats what keeping me from getting the 2.0
See Casper Im not the only one having the reciever issue and where are the transponders going to be placed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.