Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can some of you guys tell me what spares to get if I get the 2.0?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I assume this will not fit the 2.0 even though Amain says it does?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ter-Driveshaft
Old 05-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Hay guys
I like playing around with different setups a lot, maybe to much. I was looking at Dakotah's setup from the cactus. I know it was for high bite tracks but do you think it would be good for a moist, clay track? It's usually medium to high bite clay, dirt mix.
I built mine with this setup, been running it for over a month on carpet. It's a fast twitchy setup. Not the easiest to drive,but it has been working out well for me.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by george919
I have been running and racing mine "hard" for over a month, with no broken parts @ all! This thing is tuff.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
I assume this will not fit the 2.0 even though Amain says it does?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ter-Driveshaft
um, the SCTE and the SCTE 2.0 have the same drive line parts with the only difference being the front/center shaft is swapped with the rear/center shaft but they are all still the same parts so....Yes, they will fit
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by george919
Bearings, driveshafts or at least CVD couplers and bumpers.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
um, the SCTE and the SCTE 2.0 have the same drive line parts with the only difference being the front/center shaft is swapped with the rear/center shaft but they are all still the same parts so....Yes, they will fit

Ok so with that said, this is the front center shaft for a 1.0. So it won't be long enough for the 2.0?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
Ok so with that said, this is the front center shaft for a 1.0. So it won't be long enough for the 2.0?
Dave, you just swap them around, the front is the rear and the rear is the front. I have them on mine and they work nice.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Dave, you just swap them around, the front is the rear and the rear is the front. I have them on mine and they work nice.

Oh, cool. That's convienent!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingofcool999
My front and center diff out drives have some play. I think its in the acceptable range. One of the rears is horrible sloppy. Bad enough that it is making gear grinding noises when hard braking. Oddly enough it makes no noise while accelerating. Probably just gonna hafta tear it down and see what's going on...
Found the problem. Must have had a bearing failure. One of the two 12x18x4 bearings that supports the rear diff failed/got hot, melted the plastic bearing holder. Made the whole diff sloppy in the case. The diff itself is fine.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
the 2 hole pistons allow for more pack and the set-up is on the first post of this thread for the set-up info...

I wish Ryan would update the name of the thread that says READ FIRST POST for up-to-date info....like the 22sct has so people check that first post and would find the info 90% of the time that they wanted
I did see the setup sheet on the first page of this thread, but before that when I was going through this thread I saw somebody mentioned that they were using the two hole pistons from the 22 and getting good results.

You say if I use these pistons I will get more pack, so I guess my question is what is pack?, And why do I need it, wouldn't I get the same results by just using a thicker or thinner fluid in my shocks?.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tzbichorsk
I did see the setup sheet on the first page of this thread, but before that when I was going through this thread I saw somebody mentioned that they were using the two hole pistons from the 22 and getting good results.

You say if I use these pistons I will get more pack, so I guess my question is what is pack?, And why do I need it, wouldn't I get the same results by just using a thicker or thinner fluid in my shocks?.
yea, the set-up sheet says to use these pistons and what oils and AVID or someone else makes the 2 hole 1.3mm pistons so you dont have to get the 22 pistons and glue to holes shut like everyone was doing

As for the pack...Hopefully someone will chime in and give a better explaination than i ever could, lol! I just kno alot say its the hot ticket...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Can you use the kingheadz center diff and motor mount from the 1.0 on the 2.0?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tzbichorsk

Pack is resistance in high speed damping. Like landing a jump. The more pack the more resistance the piston will have moving through the oil at high speed. Low speed damping is slower movement of the shock, like weight transfer front to rear and side to side.

Try this - compare the resistance of the shock when you compress it slowly and when you compress it quickly. You want to balance your high and low speed damping to ensure you have weight transfer and shock absorption at optimal rates for your track.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Hay guys
I like playing around with different setups a lot, maybe to much. I was looking at Dakotah's setup from the cactus. I know it was for high bite tracks but do you think it would be good for a moist, clay track? It's usually medium to high bite clay, dirt mix.
A buddy put that setup on his truck and I drove it. Definitely twitchy and fast but hard to stay on top of it and not make mistakes. Phend has the skills to do it, I don't. Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.