Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Tekin motors are silent as it gets if you are getting noise its actually the spur gear.....
Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi007
Tekin motors are silent as it gets if you are getting noise its actually the spur gear.....
I'm pretty sure they are talking about electrical noise, like RF or Electrostatic noise. That would affect the ESC, not accoustic noise.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

I will be testing the Pro 4 hd 4300 this weekend at an Rc Pro event. I'll post up how it does.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nice I'm still waiting for them to come in stock at horizon eta is 4/22
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Negative, that comment was posted by some folks that were attempting to explain why they couldn't drive the motor.
Originally Posted by SnotRkt
I'm pretty sure they are talking about electrical noise, like RF or Electrostatic noise. That would affect the ESC, not accoustic noise.
Correct, electrical noise and also why i thought the RX8 went from sensored to sensoeless as the higher the RPM the more noise so hence why they designed the esc to go from S to SL but who knows...

All i know is my HW SCT Pro and 4700(in SCTE) HAD no problem hanging with a SC10 with the Tekin set-up(RX8 & 4600) and mine was over $100 less and couldnt be happier for my budget but now im on the the HW 4000kv and my buddy selling his SC10 so we cant compare

Not dogging Tekin and their stuff as we obviously kno its good stuff and runs great also but i just cant afford to drop that kinda cash into their gear when i can get something of the same caliber for less and still be happy BUT we are all brand loyal to some point and i kno thats how my buddy and i are so it makes it more fun with having 2 different brands being ran
Old 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Correct, electrical noise and also why i thought the RX8 went from sensored to sensoeless as the higher the RPM the more noise so hence why they designed the esc to go from S to SL but who knows...

All i know is my HW SCT Pro and 4700(in SCTE) HAD no problem hanging with a SC10 with the Tekin set-up(RX8 & 4600) and mine was over $100 less and couldnt be happier for my budget but now im on the the HW 4000kv and my buddy selling his SC10 so we cant compare

Not dogging Tekin and their stuff as we obviously kno its good stuff and runs great also but i just cant afford to drop that kinda cash into their gear when i can get something of the same caliber for less and still be happy BUT we are all brand loyal to some point and i kno thats how my buddy and i are so it makes it more fun with having 2 different brands being ran
Couldn't agree more. I've owned the Tekin stuff (rx8 & pro 4) and it just ran plain hot for the environment I run in. No Doubt Tekin has Top Noch Customer support. I Sent my RX8 in for repair, They sent be a brand new Unit. I Sold the sucker here, and got 2 HW SCT pros. Never had Temp issues /Coging ever again.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

LOL @ HW being same caliber as Tekin
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
hey, when my HW hangs with a tekin set-up and runs cooler than the tekin....its the same caliber. PLUS mine came with the program card and i didnt have to pay separate for it

Once again...we are all brand loyal to a point and obviously you like tekin and i favor my HW, its all good!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Electric noise was not the cause of other esc's not running the Pro4. The Rx8 originally was designed to run 1/8 motors which are also 4 pole so it was naturally the choice for 4wd SC.

The Rx8 runs D2 dual mode because we feel it's superior when driving these style motors. Sensored only mode causes all sorts of issues on it's own since you're taking on sensor tolerance,etc.

Please don't post "theories" or simply repeat what others may have shared as "facts."
Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

LOL @ your Bias Uneducated opinion. Chubster.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
hey, when my HW hangs with a tekin set-up and runs cooler than the tekin....its the same caliber. PLUS mine came with the program card and i didnt have to pay separate for it

Once again...we are all brand loyal to a point and obviously you like tekin and i favor my HW, its all good!
I actually own 3 different HW ESCs/systems and IMO the workmanship and quality isn't as good as Tekin and neither is the user interface for programming it .

I do agree they work smoothly and for a budget controller they are an awesome bang for the buck (they used to be a lot cheaper though) .

As for motors well I have no doubt they are made from the same stuff as Tekins and perform very well (the 2 I have do) but the Tekin controllers are smaller and lighter , and as I stated before IMO have a better user interface .

I also have several Castle systems as well so brand loyalty really isn't my thing (or else I would be rockin an SCTE2.0 instead of my Tekno)

I'm really not intending to knock HW they are a solid company with good products , just not on the same level as Tekin IMO
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
LOL @ your Bias Uneducated opinion. Chubster.
I have had as much education as I need with HW , thanks anyway ....... And no need for name calling Feint
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Me personally, I have just purchased the Trinity "revtech" 3800kv for my 2.0...I must say..."less than impressed". I played with the timing a bit; and my old sensorless castle 1410/ 3800kv still destroys it. I put in an email to Trinity over a week ago asking if maby something is wrong. They have not got back to me. Not real happy.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Please don't post "theories" or simply repeat what others may have shared as "facts."
I wasnt posting to knock...I honestly didnt kno and it was more of a question since i was told that many times by people who own/run tekin and i didnt know so i sure wasnt in the position to argue but i also dont run it so i didnt matter to me and until now i have never been told otherwise

As for motors well I have no doubt they are made from the same stuff as Tekins and perform very well (the 2 I have do)
and i dont agree with that especially by looking at these...
all three (hobbywing, pro-4, tenshock):

hobbywing 3656:

pro-4:

tenshock:

Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

where'd those pics come from?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.