Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silveraider14
so what are you guys all running?
540 4 poles?
550 4 poles?
550 2 poles?
I prefer 540 4 poles over the 550 2 pole most 550 motors are 3-3.5oz heaver than the smaller 540 can motors.

I went from a 550 Novak 4.5t to a tekin pro4 in my scte mainly to cut some extra weight.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got done building my 2.0! Overall, I am very impressed with this truck! This is my first Losi kit. The only other Losi vehicles I own are a couple of Mini 8ights. I have built lots and lots of Associated vehicles over the years.

I love how beefy it is. Carbon fiber shock towers, the shocks, the motor mount system, the beefy turnbuckles, etc. I did have a few issues though. They're minor. First, my kit was missing the pin to the center CVA. I had an extra barrel, but no pin. I called Horizon Hobby and the gentleman on the phone was extremely friendly and helpful. He told me he has one of these 2.0 trucks himself. So, he was very familiar with what I was talking about. They are mailing out a whole new CVA kit to me. Nice! I love the servo mount too. This truck feels like it's built more like a 1/8 scale. Lots of beefy parts!

I was also missing a few grub screws. There were a couple of grub screws in the kit that didn't have the hexes cut out all the way. Fortunately, I have about a hundred pounds of grub screws around here so, I was able to replace them.

The screws that go in the diffs are weak sauce!! There are lots of great screws in this kit. But the diff screws are very easy to strip out. I use Hudy tools so, I'm not using junky hex wrenches. I'd recommend getting some steel screws. These are 2.6 x 10mm and you need twelve of them for the whole truck. I had to cut slots in a couple of mine and put them in with a flat head screw driver.

Finally, the instructions leave a lot to be desired. There is no verbal description of what is to be done in the steps. Also, I noticed numerous places where the screw sizes in the instructions, were wrong. Again, these are minor discrepancies. I could see where somebody who hasn't built a kit before, might have a few issues with the instructions.

Overall though, these are very easy issues to fix. The missing part isn't a big deal and Horizon Hobby was very helpful. I'm definitely glad that I waited to buy this kit. I was going to buy the 4x4 SC10 when I saw this kit was coming out. I haven't had a chance to drive mine yet due to the missing pin and a foot of fresh snow outside. But it's definitely a nice truck and I'd for sure buy it again.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I got my kit together. First race night will be tomorrow night,
Ill let you know how I do
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I just got done building my 2.0! Overall, I am very impressed with this truck! This is my first Losi kit. The only other Losi vehicles I own are a couple of Mini 8ights. I have built lots and lots of Associated vehicles over the years.

I love how beefy it is. Carbon fiber shock towers, the shocks, the motor mount system, the beefy turnbuckles, etc. I did have a few issues though. They're minor. First, my kit was missing the pin to the center CVA. I had an extra barrel, but no pin. I called Horizon Hobby and the gentleman on the phone was extremely friendly and helpful. He told me he has one of these 2.0 trucks himself. So, he was very familiar with what I was talking about. They are mailing out a whole new CVA kit to me. Nice! I love the servo mount too. This truck feels like it's built more like a 1/8 scale. Lots of beefy parts!

I was also missing a few grub screws. There were a couple of grub screws in the kit that didn't have the hexes cut out all the way. Fortunately, I have about a hundred pounds of grub screws around here so, I was able to replace them.

The screws that go in the diffs are weak sauce!! There are lots of great screws in this kit. But the diff screws are very easy to strip out. I use Hudy tools so, I'm not using junky hex wrenches. I'd recommend getting some steel screws. These are 2.6 x 10mm and you need twelve of them for the whole truck. I had to cut slots in a couple of mine and put them in with a flat head screw driver.

Finally, the instructions leave a lot to be desired. There is no verbal description of what is to be done in the steps. Also, I noticed numerous places where the screw sizes in the instructions, were wrong. Again, these are minor discrepancies. I could see where somebody who hasn't built a kit before, might have a few issues with the instructions.

Overall though, these are very easy issues to fix. The missing part isn't a big deal and Horizon Hobby was very helpful. I'm definitely glad that I waited to buy this kit. I was going to buy the 4x4 SC10 when I saw this kit was coming out. I haven't had a chance to drive mine yet due to the missing pin and a foot of fresh snow outside. But it's definitely a nice truck and I'd for sure buy it again.

Missed the front center driveshaft?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hkrob
When you ran my truck on Saturday how did you like the schuur speed 4800 vs the HW 4000 / 4700?
On that track it felt like the motor was up to speed quicker than with the hw 4000.My motor starts to pull at top end ,bout the time You have to brake. Your truck felt Awesome!!!!!!! Stock set up???Really was quite drivable,I rarely grab someones remote and am able to drive the truck that well!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
On that track it felt like the motor was up to speed quicker than with the hw 4000.My motor starts to pull at top end ,bout the time You have to brake. Your truck felt Awesome!!!!!!! Stock set up???Really was quite drivable,I rarely grab someones remote and am able to drive the truck that well!!!!!
The setup is real close to Ryan's on the 1st page other than Afew small tweaks.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hkrob
The setup is real close to Ryan's on the 1st page other than Afew small tweaks.
Good to know,truck felt( good) EDIT.... VERY GOOD!!!!,Thanks again......

Hey Roodster I see ya at the bottom of the page ,You missed a screamer Sat night at Peg!!!! I know You were busy layin the smack down at west coast tho...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Doing some test runs in the parking lot I felt / hear what sounded like either gears grinding or slipping....

I adjusted my pinion and spur mesh but it was still making the noose especially when making a hard turn....

I lowered the amount of travel on the servo to about 90%... and I think the noose went away...

Maybe it's the gears breaking in, maybe it was the servo ... anyone had to reduce to amount of travel on their servo?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Missed the front center driveshaft?
I left it out until Horizon sends me my new pin. I guess you didn't read my post.

What pinion gear would you guys recommend for a 4.5T motor?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Doing some test runs in the parking lot I felt / hear what sounded like either gears grinding or slipping....

I adjusted my pinion and spur mesh but it was still making the noose especially when making a hard turn....

I lowered the amount of travel on the servo to about 90%... and I think the noose went away...

Maybe it's the gears breaking in, maybe it was the servo ... anyone had to reduce to amount of travel on their servo?
On the servo it is a car by car basis on travel. Raise the front wheels off the ground turn one way and increase travel until servo starts buzzing then back it off 2-3 points. Then repeat to the other side.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maddog9
On the servo it is a car by car basis on travel. Raise the front wheels off the ground turn one way and increase travel until servo starts buzzing then back it off 2-3 points. Then repeat to the other side.
When you say back off 2-3 points would lowering the "travel" on my dx2s be the same

The manual states travel as:
"The Travel screen (sometimes referred to as travel adjust or endpoints) allows independent travel adjustment of the servo throw in each direction of both channels (steering or throttle) or ESC on the throttle channel. "
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When you say back off 2-3 points would lowering the "travel" on my dx2s be the same

"The Travel screen (sometimes referred to as travel adjust or endpoints) allows independent travel adjustment of the servo throw in each direction of both channels (steering or throttle) or ESC on the throttle channel. "
yes, and anytime you install a new servo you should always set the travel/epa so you don't travel to far and eventually burn out the servo or break something
Old 03-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes, so say its starts to buzz at 85 to the left, set it at 82. Another thing I have mentioned b4 make sure the steering horn is 90 degree to your servo, if it is not shorten or length your steering linkage until the horn is at 90 degrees. And make sure the steering tie rods are the same length otherwise everything will be jacked up!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

yea I think my horn is a lil off from 90*... ill have to check that... I couldn't seem to find the teeth to make it fit at 90s when I turn on the car and set my trim to 0 and epa to 100%
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

All finished..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.