Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
+1...definately a nice servo

check and make sure your bearings are pushed all the way on the diff case as this is what caused binding in mine and all i had to do was push on the bearing alittle as it wasnt all the way against the case
I still have to complete the rear end of the build. That is the only thing thus far that the manual should tell you to do, but doesn't. It has you complete the front diff case prior to attaching the CVD. I've built dozens of 1/8 kits, so was surprised it didn't have me do this. I made sure it was tight and mesh was good.

First Losi 4wd build and so far am really impressed. Front end suspension and steering is a bit tight, but should wear in.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TCCustoms

check and make sure your bearings are pushed all the way on the diff case as this is what caused binding in mine and all i had to do was push on the bearing alittle as it wasnt all the way against the case
I did. I took the case off and held the bearings in place. I gave it a little throttle and I watched the gear wobble back and forth slightly. I called horizon and the have hd diff cup on its way. The plastics are warped.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
I still have to complete the rear end of the build. That is the only thing thus far that the manual should tell you to do, but doesn't. It has you complete the front diff case prior to attaching the CVD. I've built dozens of 1/8 kits, so was surprised it didn't have me do this. I made sure it was tight and mesh was good.

First Losi 4wd build and so far am really impressed. Front end suspension and steering is a bit tight, but should wear in.
ya, jsut like mounting the body post to the shock tower early in the build to have to take it back off when attaching the front top plate so i left mine off the whole build til i was done
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So how is everyone liking this truck. I run the tekno truck and absolutely dig the truck. I haven't seen one at my local track yet. Just curious as what your feelings are of the truck.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Borik
So how is everyone liking this truck. I run the tekno truck and absolutely dig the truck. I haven't seen one at my local track yet. Just curious as what your feelings are of the truck.

Well i dont own the 2.0 SCTE but ive driven one with a guy who runs one . I can only tell you how it is on carpet with the stock setup. It was pretty twichy, i noticed but i told the guy i race with to turn down the Dual rate and it was better but still to much he agreed. It was traction rolling easy so he changed the shock oil to 35w F/30R and increased the rear Camber. I tried it out it was much better seemed to turn into the corners better and jumped better than by 1.0 but than again im running some stock stuff on my 1.0.

I liked it but im going to try to get the most out of my 1.0 as i can.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Ok, finished the build today. I haven't ran SC since before the 1.0 was released. I used to run the jammin and drilled holes to lay down the battery, put Losi 8 shocks on it, etc. etc.

This is one nice kit. Truely a race worthy product! Excited to get it to the track

You get what you pay for
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ryan/Casper - what is the part number or size for the set screw used to adjust the play in the sway plastic mount (page 18, 30). The part number listings on the left side of the pages are wrong, duplicate, or refer to a complete set.

Also, are there any HA 7075 options to replace the plastic LOSIB2103 spacers like we have on the 22?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

should I get this or a tekno? I love my 1.0 but its getting a little worn out so tekno or losi 2.0?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silveraider14
should I get this or a tekno? I love my 1.0 but its getting a little worn out so tekno or losi 2.0?
Honestly you're obviously going to get different answers for this or people are going to tell you what I'll tell you, this is 1 of those decisions you have to look into and research for yourself and choose what you like best
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I was in the same boat, If you want to try something different, both trucks top notch. I had the SCTE since it came out (about 5 of em lol) Going to buy the tekno to try something different!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran a 2.0 for the 1st time tonight(thanks HKrob) and it felt very good,was more forgiving and felt as tho the speed was there.With in a few laps I was easily hitting faster laps than in mY race w/ the 1.0. This on a truck not set up for me, have no idea what tires and a radio i`m not used to. One truck will fit your driving style better,or just pick which one you feel like wrenching on ,or which the peeps at yer track run.On this thread we`re prolly gonna say go 2.0

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-24-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I was in the same boat, If you want to try something different, both trucks top notch. I had the SCTE since it came out (about 5 of em lol) Going to buy the tekno to try something different!
Get me a job Feint !!I wanna buy as many trucks as You!!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneordie
Does anybody run the Tekin SC4X motors? I saw them on the website last night and was curious how they did, seem to be a bit bigger and weigh about 2 grams over the pro4. Just curious
They run quite well. They don't have the bottom end of a 4 pole but seem to run a little faster then the pro-4 if geared right and some timing. The are 2.5oz heavier then the Pro-4. It is on just a couple grams.

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Ryan/Casper - what is the part number or size for the set screw used to adjust the play in the sway plastic mount (page 18, 30). The part number listings on the left side of the pages are wrong, duplicate, or refer to a complete set.

Also, are there any HA 7075 options to replace the plastic LOSIB2103 spacers like we have on the 22?
I believe these are 3.5mm holes. I am not aware of any alum hub spacers that have the 3.5mm hole.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LA part house has the SCTE 2.0 for $399 with this code $30.00 off orders $400 and over Promo Code MAR1330. It was $418 to my door! So i jumped all over it!!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I finished my build yesterday. Only issue during the build was the tight shock bottoms. Everything else went really well which was pleasing since this was my first kit build. My SCTE 1.0 was almost stock full weight running a Castle Mamba Monster and a 1410 3800kv (obviously sensorless). The new truck is running a Tekin pro4 with a Hobbywing 120 V3 running sensored. The old truck was running bladder shocks and the new is emulsion. I guess I'm trying to say that despite it being version 2.0 of the same truck they are very different. To my surprise the new truck drove very well with default setup (apart from 30wt shock oil because it's hot here in northern Australia) and felt somewhat quicker than the old truck in every way..not a great deal quicker at any single point though just quicker everywhere. It has more rear grip out of corners yet doesn't understeer as much on sweepers and larger radius corners. It turns in a little better to the point where for my first few laps I was hitting the inside barrier on hairpins because the old truck would drift wider. Despite the additional power of the pro4 4600 on 13t pinion vs 15t on the castle (it's a tight track) it got the power down a little better onto the straights. It was more settled in the fast sections that had small elevation changes that would have the old truck bouncing around. It jumps better and feels more controlled in the air. Our meet is this wednesday night so I will have times to verify if it is as quick as I think it is. At this stage I expect to beat my PB even though it will only be my third pack through the truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.