Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Me too, iim going when they open the doors i heard they are getting them tommorow, im gna take the day off work and stare at the box art for a while
i paid 389$ for my kit hope horizon ships them soon to the LHS!!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
Transponder goes on the side of the servo next to the receiver. ESC goes on the chassis to keep CG low. A lot of us cut the ESC try off the 1.0 and mounted to the chassis. They added some extra material on the chassis where the ESC goes to make sure there is enough surface to stick the ESC on. I would not Velcro the ESC to the car. I would use a good double side tape. The ESC should not move get close to the center brace.

Yes you need a bit of wire for this truck but a small price to pay for improved weight balance.

Again on the 1.0 a lot of use did not run boots. You can always by them as they are still available if you feel you need them.
yeah i mounted my receiver and transponder to the side of the servo..i just didnt like having the bundle of wires exposed..looks sloppy...
bit
as far as the velcro..i have always used velcro to hold my rx8 in place..at one time tekin reccomended it ..it allows the esc to move without absorbing too much shock..i like the idea of cutting the old mount off and using it..i had thought about that also....by the way i use an awsome velcro that holds so well i have to use a screw driver to pry it loose when needed..but it allows it to move a bit to help with shock
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
build complete will take some pics in the morning... heres a hint buy the TLR 8 in 1 tool it will make the job move so much faster oh and a small hand held drill with torque control is perfect!!!!
Yes, sir...that tool is awesome and love it! Has yet to fail me...

Originally Posted by Salinas Hawk
Now that the SCTE 2.0 is out, would it be stupid to buy the SCTE 1.0?

I only have bashers, but would like to start racing. I have never driven on a track. Because of parts availability and help at the track, the SCTE is the best choice for me; but which one?
I'm convinced that all the hop-ups are an amazing value, but are they going to help me be more competitive; or achieve "decent driver status" any faster?
If the answer is, yes, I'll get the 2.0. If the answer is, no... then it'd be a toss up.
I'm asking sincerely.
I would love to have the latest and the greatest, and a KIT, but double the $$. hmmmm
IF you dont have the 1.0...i would just get the 2.0, sounds like its alot more balanced and better handling so you can drive it harder

Originally Posted by mojo 309
For $469.00 you gained .05 of a second over your 1.0 basicly your saying you was a blink of a eye quicker with the 2.0 ? interesting
Keep in mind that was pry his first race with the truck so right out of the box he was 1 sec faster than he was with a truck im sure he raced a few times is good! That just means that the more he drives it and gets use to it the harder he will push it and the faster he will get.

Not bad for the first time out with the truck...

Last edited by TCCustoms; 03-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Just finished putting mine together last night. Didn't strip out a single screw in the kit. The bottom of the stocks was a PITA to install. I think a 12mm 6 point socket was able to help me get them on without marring up the cap. I'm using the hobbywing SCT 4000kv combo for the next month or so. Along with an Airtronics 94358 Servo. I'm using this servo because I have it laying around and it's a good servo. I'm planning on using the RX8 along with the Pro4HD when it comes out.

Now I just have to paint the body and mount the tires. Think I'll know that out today after I figure out what pain scheme I want to do.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

ok, so just put the bag of wheels on the for sale section last night and took out the antenna tube, cover, and wheel nuts out and put the wheel nuts on to find out that 1 was bunk...look closely at the 1 on the left, didnt even round it off to keep insert in

Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonytiger
yeah i mounted my receiver and transponder to the side of the servo..i just didnt like having the bundle of wires exposed..looks sloppy...
bit
as far as the velcro..i have always used velcro to hold my rx8 in place..at one time tekin reccomended it ..it allows the esc to move without absorbing too much shock..i like the idea of cutting the old mount off and using it..i had thought about that also....by the way i use an awsome velcro that holds so well i have to use a screw driver to pry it loose when needed..but it allows it to move a bit to help with shock
No I did not mean to imply to use the 1.0 mount on your 2.0. I was saying I cut the ESC mount off the 1.0 and mounted the ESC straight to the chassis. a quality double sided tape will have great shock absorbing properties as well. As long as it is high quality velcro that would work. I would not feel comfortable recommending that though. Two cleaned surfaces and a good servo tape and there is plenty of area for a great bond even with a larger ESC on the 2.0 chassis.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TQ and a win for the first time out yesterday. Truck was dialed with the Dunford/Casper setup. The biggest reason I will not change to another manufacturer is the support everyone gets from the team. The truck went together perfect ( ya ok maybe one diff screw and iv'e been doing this for over 30 years so I guess that was just a rookie mistake LOL)
I didn't need a longer sensor wire and I think mine was a 220 or 230 what ever comes with an orion motor.
I did dremel a bit of the sides of the wire tunnel so the 3 motor wires could sit flat on the bottom and the sensor wire could also fit.

Just incase you all don't here it enough good job on the new truck and thanks for all the good set up info and I really liked checking out the tuning guide I thought it was very direct and simple to understand
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@ Ryan or Casper I tried a few different combonations with the rear shocks. I tried to use 32.5 oil with both red and orange springs but ended up back at the 2 hole #55 30wt. and orange springs.
It feels to me like the dampening is a bit soft and the rear compresses and rebounds a little too quick and with the 32.5 it feels like there is a bit too much pack.
I ran out of time yesterday and had to go back to your setup for the main.
I feel like the front is locked in but the rear is a little unsettled
***My question is have you tried anything with heavier oil and a a larger hole or more holes in the piston?

Last edited by Jellis; 03-10-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: updated post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jellis
@ Ryan or Casper I tried a few different combonations with the rear shocks. I tried to use 32.5 oil with both red and orange springs but ended up back at the 2 hole #55 30wt. and orange springs.
It feels to me like the dampening is a bit soft and the rear compresses and rebounds a little too quick and with the 32.5 it feels like there is a bit too much pack.
I ran out of time yesterday and had to go back to your setup for the main.
I feel like the front is locked in but the rear is a little unsettled
***My question is have you tried anything with heavier oil and a a larger hole or more holes in the piston?
That is a good question. Ryan and I have really been happy with the 32.5wt front and 30wt rear on 55's all around. I did try dropping 2.5wt all around for cooler weather (relatively speaking) and truck was way too light on oil so this piston setup is quite sensitive to oil changes. There is a lot to play with here if you want to tackle it. Get some drill bits and your glue and go to town. You could try 2 hole 54's and maybe go up to 32.5 and see how you like that as ti would be a little less pack but oil going up will help keep low speed motions. Maybe something to play with and try. We honestly started with the 55's as an educated guess and with the slight tweak in oils (we were running 27.5 with SCTE stock pistons) we really came up with a shock package that has been really good for us and our trucks but with any setup it will not work for everyone in ever situation so play around with the idea and see what works for you.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

ok, im not gonna wait on the 55 pistons to come in so im just gonna build them stock and then i can swap it over after i glue up the 55 pistons so since the emulsion shocks seem to be the ticket...anyone got a thread to look at or a vid to watch? I did a search and didnt see anything on here...
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
ok, im not gonna wait on the 55 pistons to come in so im just gonna build them stock and then i can swap it over after i glue up the 55 pistons so since the emulsion shocks seem to be the ticket...anyone got a thread to look at or a vid to watch? I did a search and didnt see anything on here...
This is a video on 22 shocks but the SCTE build the same way. (as far as bleeding.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwmH-Rfwik
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

awesome...thanks man! just got em built so ready to add fluid
Old 03-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I must say very very impressed with the new design and layout took her to the track today and she was sweet.... got to do a little bit of tuning but outside of that an excellent vehicle!!!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just finished it as a roller need to put in electronics. What size wire does everyone use I had run 10awg but need to get longer wire. I may get 12awg. The hobby shop said run 10 for less heat issues but its bulky. I had very tight shock caps as its been noted but got them on with pliers. Set them up stock with #3 and 4 pistons going to pick up some 32.5 and 30 shock oil. I bleed per the video had one that just would not give me that 1-2mm rebound but going to rebuild later with # 55's
Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
just ordered the pro 4 4600kv and decided to go w/ the hobbywing sct pro esc
Youll be happy with the sct pro.Its an excellent esc for the money.Do yourself a favor and get the program box because its a plus to be able to fine tune at the track.Any questions on the esc just pm me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.