Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What are you guys using to protect the bottom of the chassis?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigbeej
Anyone else have a hell of a time with the diff screws? Mine were incredibly tight, stripped a few of them and I am using the losi tools.
A little lithium greece, prethread the diff cups and you won't have any problems with the kit screws
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Its an OR statement, not an AND. But this isnt a topic for this particular thread. If you'd like to discuss this, email me at [email protected] and I can get you in touch with the person in charge of it or you can PM me.
No worries. You are right about it being totally off topic.

Back to the scte 2.0 ... are the screws people complaining about diff screws? seems so odd that some strip them, while seasoned kit builders are fitting them just fine...
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
No worries. You are right about it being totally off topic.

Back to the scte 2.0 ... are the screws people complaining about diff screws? seems so odd that some strip them, while seasoned kit builders are fitting them just fine...
They are horse dung, get ghe recommended hpi screw for the build, and if your a frequent diff fluid changer than this screw change is a must,
I destroyed a diff in past due to the crappy stock screws, changed to the hpi screws ,bought enough for three diffs plus extra that i have yet to use,
Peoblem solved
Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have yet to strip one of these screws anywhere on the Ten kits. I have stripped the plastic out but that is normally my fault. (old diff cases were pretty easy to pull the threads out of if you put any effort into it. but this is fixed).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I didn't have any problem with the diff screws. Just pre threaded them before building the diff. They are pretty tight.

I did strip out one of the screws for be servo - on the top - and had to dremel a slot in and back it out. PIMA!

But 1/16" screws are notorious for stripping. You gotta take care. Make sure you get a foot wrench fitment and don't accidentally start with a 1.5mm
Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I didn't have any problem with the diff screws. Just pre threaded them before building the diff. They are pretty tight.

I did strip out one of the screws for be servo - on the top - and had to dremel a slot in and back it out. PIMA!

But 1/16" screws are notorious for stripping. You gotta take care. Make sure you get a foot wrench fitment and don't accidentally start with a 1.5mm
When you say pre tread do you mean you screwed the screw in before putting it together? or did you use a tap?

Yea im gonna pick up a new hex set with standard bits
Old 03-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

That is certainly not the purpose of this program at all. We try new things, obviously, some of them dont work out. Does everything work out perfect the first time in your personal life, if so, thats awesome, not in mine though, lol. Boy how I wish...
I'm certainly HAVE NOT targeted any of my comments @ you. Not really sure why your taking any of this "personal".
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Graphite07
if i ever get mine i can post how it handles and runs!! my lhs should them next week. and if not I might go teckno 4x4 instead
Originally Posted by AndrewTom
really? c'mon man, this is probably the best 4x4 Short Course truck to come to market. if you are too impatient to wait a week, good luck keeping a job!
+1

Or a girlfriend/wife/significant other. LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arrtay
I'm certainly HAVE NOT targeted any of my comments @ you. Not really sure why your taking any of this "personal".
I was having fun with it, sorry. Wasnt meant liek that at all. And the last comment, jsut been one of those days that I wish thigns worked out better...lol.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

I was having fun with it, sorry. Wasnt meant liek that at all. And the last comment, jsut been one of those days that I wish thigns worked out better...lol.
No problem! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Its been a long time since I have bought a Losi/TLR kit but I couldnt resist this one it is a beautiful looking truck and im sire it will drive just as good.

I was lucky enough to have my local shop (Evolution Sports) on the list of early arrivals and appreciate the program! Some love it some hate it, thats just life! Let this be a lesson. If you guys want Horizon and TLR to keep putting out quality products please don't complain about a little program to create revenue for such good companies in a struggling economy.

On to the build. I had the diff screw issue but only in the front. Use grease, a quality wrench and patients. If you do this you will not strip the screws. I also had a toe link turnbuckle the threads were not taped correctly. I called Horion and these items were shipped out right away. Moral of the story is to keep costs down quslity control can only go so far however, Horizon is a great company and will always make things right with a simple phone call and a couple days.

Now that I am a TLR chassis owner you guys should see me here quite often. For the new people or seasoned veterans feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. For those of you in southern California, Evolution Sports in Redlands has one kit on the shelf for the first person that wants it. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

so the DIFF cup screws are a problem? other than that how does the rest of the 2.0 build? shocks?,center diff? ECT.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Its been a long time since I have bought a Losi/TLR kit but I couldnt resist this one it is a beautiful looking truck and im sire it will drive just as good.

I was lucky enough to have my local shop (Evolution Sports) on the list of early arrivals and appreciate the program! Some love it some hate it, thats just life! Let this be a lesson. If you guys want Horizon and TLR to keep putting out quality products please don't complain about a little program to create revenue for such good companies in a struggling economy.

On to the build. I had the diff screw issue but only in the front. Use grease, a quality wrench and patients. If you do this you will not strip the screws. I also had a toe link turnbuckle the threads were not taped correctly. I called Horion and these items were shipped out right away. Moral of the story is to keep costs down quslity control can only go so far however, Horizon is a great company and will always make things right with a simple phone call and a couple days.

Now that I am a TLR chassis owner you guys should see me here quite often. For the new people or seasoned veterans feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. For those of you in southern California, Evolution Sports in Redlands has one kit on the shelf for the first person that wants it. Good luck.
Glad to hear it went mostly well. And glad CS took good care of you. They are pretty quick when it comes to getting stuff out so should be good to go soon enough. As always, let me know if there is ever anything I can help out with. I do try, lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.