Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think that you will be O.K. for the outdoor season. I do not know this for sure but it is a good guess. These next few races will be a even better test. I hope to have more information soon.

Thanks,

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS, AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL.

We had a good day with the Christmas Cup meeting last weekend.

The Christmas Cup is an open race for modified touring cars - by open we mean open to all grades of drivers. It gives new guys an opportunity to sample mod motors, if they wish, without interfering with the championship.

Both son Josh and I ran Corally mod motors in our TC3 and MR4 respectively. Josh finished 2nd overall. I finished 4th. We were both caught out by the weather.

The track was damp just before Josh's first final, but we didn't think it was damp enough to warrant a change from slicks. We were wrong. A guy on wets just ran away from everybody. It started to rain a bit just as I was on the rostrum for my first final. I managed to win that final all the same though my times were miserable - and I ended up pretty wet.

In the meantime Josh had taken off for the shop to pick up our wet tyres. But it was too late. The race director rightly decided to stop the racing and take results on just the first of three planned finals, when everybody had done one final. By this time the track was saturated with water.

A good decision which unfortunately worked against us this time.

I phoned Constant last week to wish all in Holland a happy Christmas. We discussed various things, among them the new car, but he is still being very tight lipped.

What he did say that was very interesting was that the new car can be changed from single to twin belt configuration in a matter of minutes, and that it would probably end up selling that way. Not a bad idea.

Anyway, before I keep rabitting on, Josh and I wish you all the best for the festive season and beyond.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

SNOWBIRD NATIONALS is coming up cut off is 700 entries for both Oval and Road Course... Corally / Corally USA will be there in full force.

Old 01-06-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys. Greetings from Malta.

When does the Snowbirds take place?

I believe Simo and Sakke will be doing the DHI cup in Europe later this month.

More good Corally news from Malta.

Son Josh driving his TC3 with Corally Pro series mod motor and Corally Panasonic UMH cells won the sixth round of the Nationals here in Malta yesterday. His was the only car to do 17 laps. He was one of only two drivers to lap under 19 seconds, doing 10 sub 19s in Final 1, and 13 out of the 17 in final 2, to finish with a best lap in 18.17.

Josh has now won all 6 rounds of this years national Championship. Next round in two weeks time.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:40 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Default FOR JANTLE

I got a C4 ryt now and thought of upgrading to the 4.1
I race here in the Philippines and the track here i consider
medium bite. After reading stuff here i found out
a new one will be out soon. Is there a big difference
from the C4 to C4.1 in a medium bite track? I also got
several other cars which use side by side bats so
will the new TC be able to use side by side so my bats
canbe common for all my cars? I really love the Corally
so let me know

JPN
Old 01-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

u need a 3+3 pack in new car
Old 01-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

JPN, The diffrence between the C4 and the C4.1 are not enough for you to go out and buy the upgrade at this time. Depending on your experience level you may or may not even be able to tell the diffrence. As for the side by side battery configuration, some drivers have modified the C4.1 configuration back to the side by side. I would keep running the C4 and until the new car comes out. (I still do not have the release date yet.) If you do not want to wait you could get the C4.1 upgrade kit. I know that we have some at Corally U.S.A. that we could give you a good price on.

As for the battery configuration on the new car, It is a split 3x3 pack down the right side. This may or may not change with more testing. So far it has realy helped the car out from the original stick that was designed. Things continue to change as every thing comes closer to the release.

Thanks,
Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff,

can I get the Corrally traction compounds directly from you for the NORCAR track? maybe a case or half case to start? I think I might want to try and stwitch our track to it to kill the smell!!! You-or at least your team will remember our track before the Champs!!! Its was like swimming in wintergreen!!! I am interstested in the Jack the gripper!!

Thanks,
Ray Huang
1-888-551-1044
Old 01-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

JOHNBULL, It is great that you guys are doing soo well with the Corally Horsepower!!! I still fell that the are the best kept motor secret. Everyone that I know that has tried one says that they are the smothest most controlable motor that they have run.

As for the Snowbirds you can get more information at www.snowbirdnationals.com There is a link ont the left side of the page to see who has registered as of this point. Between this race and the Cleveland Indoor Champs they are two of the most attended races of the year. You will again see many of the top drivers from around the world attending this race. We still do not know if we will be able to get any of the Corally Europe drivers there or not. They have a full race schedule comming up. As you mentioned the DHI Cup. and I also believe that the Corally Thunderdays are upcomming also. Then after that they have the LRP Race in March. This is good news since they should have enough chances to make sure that the new car is right against heavy competition.

Thanks,
Jeff Antle
Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Ray, I am sure that the Holliday Inn wishes that we would use the Gripper also. I wonder how long it takes to air out that hotel after the Champs. Shoot me an E-mail so we can take care of business off-line. You will like the compound very well. Many of the tracks around the country are switching to it. It is also the Handout Traction Compound at the Carpet Nats in Minnisota this year. They also don't like the smell of wintergreen in large doses.

Jeff Antle
Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff,

YGM-or you can call me at work. 1-888-551-1044.

Hope the new TC is coming among!!!
Ray
Old 01-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

JANTLE: what are you guys at Corally USA charging for the C4.1 now that the new car is closer to coming out.

Oh, and did they ever settle on a name for the new car yet? I remember a while back you asked for ideas.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Darkseid, How have thigs been going? C4.1's are light. I will check on price and availibility for you. Parts support is still very good and will continue past the release of the new kit. As for a name, we still have not been told if there is one or not. We have thrown alot of good ones at Constant but if he has picked one he has not shared it with us yet. They have been on a holiday break and are just getting back to work. We will make contact with him very soon and hope for more updates.

Jeff Antle
Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile picture

HI Jentle

could you please post a link to the pictures of the new car.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

HAPPYG, He is the key....... There are no pictures!! This car has been protected very well. If you go back and read some of the later posts you can gain some information about it. The only place that has any type of picture at all is the Orion website. It is under the Cleveland heading if I remember corectly. Even at that the car is behind a window shear. We do not have any pictures to post and if I did Constant would break my fingers for posting it We hope to get some more info soon!!!

Thanks,

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.