Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Corally Owners Club v1.* >

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Old 10-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Testing Call............

Our main leader of Corally USA is heading overseas for some testing of the new car. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about it!!!! Rob will represent all of the U.S. Team Members and Corally owners well. He is a perfectionist so his input will help in the development of this new "work of art". More details will follow upon his return but I doubt that there will be any spy shots.

Run it to the edge and back again Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 10-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

well, this is what we've all been waiting for. i managed to capture a shot of what appears to be corally's new technology. it's not clear whether or not this will be the production car, but it gives us a glance at the direction they are heading. notice the intense speed. i can't wait to get my hands on this baby.
Attached Thumbnails Corally Owners Club v1.*-newcorally.jpg  
Old 10-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

no thanks necessary. just glad to take part in the suspense.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

I hope the Hudy people get alot of information from that shot!!! They will be lucky to get their lens focused!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

oh yeah, it was cool to meet ya a few weeks ago. how are ya? anxious? yeah, i thought that was pretty funny. lame, but funny nonetheless. come on, like i'm gonna get to see that thing before you do. can't wait for those spy photos. ya'know i was scoping the ...ova thread... that's become alive as of late. someone posted a tech car on there that 's really trick. man, the touring industry is moving right along. fun to watch all the manufacturers step it up a bit.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JANTLE
Haunted,

What traction compound does your track allow?? I have many set-ups that work well. Let me know as much as possible so I can get you the best one. Is the carpet the "real" Calandra ozite or the fake stuff?

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Jeff,

I don't know. I am just getting the car set up to race at the track so I am just looking for a starting point. I haven't been to the track before so I haven't had an opportunity to ask any one that races there what works and what doesn't.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Haunted,
Without all of the details I hope that this is close. Goto the www.corally.com web site (not the Corally USA) Goto technical and get Sake's Snowbird 19 turn set-up. I have used it as a starting point at one track already this year and it is a solid base if not dead on. I only changed a few things for fine tuning for my driving style. After you get to the track and get more of the details I can get you a more exact set-up. One thing about using his set-up, Make sure that you make the front diff tight as he has noted. With all of the castor that is in that set-up if the diff is not tight you will have great turn in and none out. A tighter diff in the front will improve the steering on the exit of the turn as both front wheels are digging you out of the turn. Note also the use of Associated springs. Purple front and Yellow rear. Associated has more options on springs than are currently available from Corally. Please ask if you have any questions as you set the car up

Jeff Antle
Team Corally USA
Old 10-16-2002, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Here's the latest news from Corally:

"We went to an EFRA Grand Prix in Le Havre with Sakke and Simo and Corally USA to test the new car and Sakke won the race. Simo was 4th or 5th.
They both did very good and love the car, but it still needs to be improved.
Please be patient!"

Any spy shots yet?
Soon young grasshoppers!
Old 10-16-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Here's a report on rcZone:

Corally prototype

no piccies though :-(
Old 10-17-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I checked out the RC Zone site yesterday.

Wow, what a brilliant idea. Typical Corally ingenuity.

I hope Constant patents it quick, before some one makes an X Ray copy of it.

How many days before someone copies it?

Really look forward to seeing the pics.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jeff!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I've just come across another report on the new Corally touring car, except that this one is in French - and I can't read French!

ou can find it on www.overrc.com

Would anyone like to translate!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Regional Moderator

hmmmmmm......definitely sounds interesting. Corally is certainly full of ideas. Can't wait to see some pics of the car!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

à la ABC Hobby Carrera IV <<<Copy of the ABC car? O and at lest Corally have a new victory to add to there box now and not the Euros, mind they will have you believe that there were good drives there! Rick
Old 10-17-2002, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Dudes,
use babelfish.altavista.com to translate... Can't make much of it though. I also can't wait to try a new car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.