Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 06:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I use to really enjoy offroad, and I used to do quite well in the mod. truck class. I'm just not too fond of what offroad has turned into. I competed in offroad when they still ran on actual dirt and not concret like clay tracks.

I figure if I'm going to run on something that hard, I might as well run onroad!
Old 03-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
I use to really enjoy offroad, and I used to do quite well in the mod. truck class. I'm just not too fond of what offroad has turned into. I competed in offroad when they still ran on actual dirt and not concret like clay tracks.

I figure if I'm going to run on something that hard, I might as well run onroad!
back when the dirt was real!
Old 03-19-2002, 08:07 AM
Regional Moderator

BK: when I saw my first offroad "slick" tire, I knew I was done with offroad!
Old 03-19-2002, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

whats all this dirty talk!..

get back on topic....clean topic thankyou...onroad..heheh

so who's got any news?...I'm looking forward to racing this weekend, I have installed my new c2, and will be playing with the millenium pro..( I hope the orange bits make me quicker)..hehe

on other notes, anyone tried some different setups lately?..care to post your opinions etc...

the thread has been rather inactive lately..I guess everyone is hanging out for the new car?..
Old 03-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Man, I don't have much to talk about.....

I wish I did though. The weather around here isn't cooperating. Its warm all week, then gets cold and rainy on the weekend when I have a chance to practice.

I am waiting for the new car. Like I said, I want to see what Corally comes up with. I will probably be getting a new car at the end of this season.(No reason really, just because) I know one car I have a serious eye on is the MissionPro, so Corally will have to come with something sweet.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

oh well, i continue with some chit chat....

My C4.1 setup has developed further over the past few weeks, i'm starting to work with setups that are much stiffer than i use to run and this has in turn increased the corner speed of my car.

The track we have been running on is an ultra high grip 1/8th scale track (2001 1/8TH WC track) , that demands a stiff setup. I have now used this setup at my local Friday night medium grip track and my car was untouchable! very fast through the infeild. TQed and Won my last club meet, blew away a few XRAY drivers, one of them is Factory ha ha.

Anyway my setup is based on:

Modified front shock tower (thanks to Cookie/King-G for developing this idea)
Front: short yellow springs, 40wt oil, 37deg tires
Rear: std red springs (serpent part), 50wt oil, 35deg tires
16 tooth oneway pully (medium - loose?), ball diffs front & rear, solid top deck.
10single or 12 single motors

I also try to use the hardest compounds possible like 45 / 40 or 37's, if the car has too much grip then runtime can become an issue. Start with the hard compounds and work back if required.

i use to always base my setups on white or orange spings and 30wt oil.

I'll be looking forward to the new Corally, but at the moment my car (and or my understanding of it) is getting better all the time.

Last edited by black-knight; 03-20-2002 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
BK: when I saw my first offroad "slick" tire, I knew I was done with offroad!
This weekend i'm actually going to race on an off road track, with real dirt! i have had my XXX for almost a year, and it has never seen real dirt!, only slick clay,will be interesting...i have even had to go and buy tires with knobs

Sorry King-G...no more off road talk!

unless it's a Corally...
Old 03-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

So BK, have you seen the sneak preview pics of the new triple C 4.2 off road Corally buggy too?
Old 03-20-2002, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cookie
So BK, have you seen the sneak preview pics of the new triple C 4.2 off road Corally buggy too?
yeh! but remember keep it quiet, you never know XRAY might debut one at the upcoming worlds...
Old 03-21-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

BK

Are going down to canberra?
Old 03-21-2002, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
BK

Are going down to canberra?
Whats on in Canberra???
Old 03-21-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

I am guessing that's a 'no' Besercoe!

It's the Offroad Nats.....

......yucky dirt type racing

woohoo TFTR on Sunday we all get to go fast again ...
Old 03-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

In New Zealand we can use Foam or Rubber tyres for Pro Stock and Touring Mod. As far as I am aware you guys who race in Victoria run rubbers, so when you race at other meetings where you are allowed foams do you run foams or stay with rubbers?

Thanks for your time
Old 03-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
In New Zealand we can use Foam or Rubber tyres for Pro Stock and Touring Mod. As far as I am aware you guys who race in Victoria run rubbers, so when you race at other meetings where you are allowed foams do you run foams or stay with rubbers?

Thanks for your time
They (the Vics) run foams at NSW events, because foams are faster and easier to drive on. I have nothing against the Vic rule to run rubber, but when ever foam is allowed it will be faster.

In NSW we allow foam or rubber, just like you guys over there in NZ (except for 1 club which recently changed to rubber only).
Old 03-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

So have you personally tried a decent set of rubbers to see how they go compared to foams eg Yokomos, Sorex or HPI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.