Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 11:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

8-doubles! Man, mod class has gotten insane. I like that most of the major races are limiting things to the 10 turn and up range.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Man, did I just get lucky. Some of our local organizers have secured a place for us to run onroad indoors during the winter.

I was all set to pack up my onroad stuff after this last race on Sun. Guess I don't have to now.

More chances to show how good the Corally is I guess!
Old 10-11-2001, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Awesome- If I ever moved I'm sure the racing scene in a city would make or break if I would go there or not! No races- no Mike.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:25 AM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: EXACTLY!!! My wife already knows that. If or when we ever move away from here, there has to be an onroad track somewhere near there.

No track no me!
Old 10-14-2001, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys, just reporting an awesome lead up event to the vic titles at teh tftr track www.drive.to/tftr

I had my best meeting of recent times, with some really consistent results, I managed to beat my previous P.B in 3 out of the 6 runs, and managed to go quicker in each of my finals to get 3 2nd place finishes...against some of the best racers in OZ..

the corally smh proved to be awesome...amazing consistency, and i was completing my fastest runs with 300 mah in reserve after 5 mins of torture..

the car was the best t has been, running Take off 27's...(my new tire of choice=)

i had found some major problems with my drive train binding up, and solving these probs seem to have unleashed the cars speed and efficiency..

looking forward to the vics, B.K will you be coming down?.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

King-G: Not sure if we will be making the Vic State Titles, on the same weekend is the NSW V QLD Challenge in Tamworth and this event seems to be the popular choice.

I also had another good weekend with my c4.1. The event was a rerun of Meca round 1 held at Helles Park (recent 1/8th Worlds Track). I ended up 6th in the A's, i had a possible faulty brush burn it self out in the final .

My first two runs of the day was with a Corally 12x1 this motor was very fast, i had to stop using the motor later in the day due to a small issue with the varnish on the stack laminations melting??? very strange problem!. I will be revisiting the use of Corally motors later in the week at some other tracks.

-Paul
Old 10-14-2001, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Funny you should mention that B.K...I had exactly the same issue with my brand new corally 12x1...first run!heheh..motor seized ...I ve just been chatting to Greg B...and he told me you had the same prob, and to email constant to inform them...

awesome motor for the first half of the run, until resin got all over the comm, and filled the comm slotts...the brushes didnt look to healthy afterwards..

i felt like i had major motor fade after 2 mins of the race...but still was only 2 seconds shy of my pb...so i'd love to see it when its working as it should.

its a shame the vics are on the same weekend as the meeting in tamworth..

was this meeting announced recently?..as we contacted interstate clubs to avoid running on the same weekend...

Greg also mentioned you have had a similar problem to me, with the layshaft bearing being tight...heheh..some uncanny similarities. well at least were ironing out potential bugs for a big meeting...

Old 10-14-2001, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Yeh we will have to get onto Corally about these motors and sort them because they are very good.

The motor was so good in it's first run, in the second run performance droped off, when i looked at the comm, it was needing a true, i was surprised at the wear. So i want to find out what type of brushes Corally supplied with the motor, must be high silver??? The issue with resin may have loaded up the motor a fair bit causing the high wear.

My Corally did have the same layshaft issue, all fixed now. I'm still not 100% happy with min and will soon be building up a new kit, just waiting for a new batch. I plan on Anodizing all aluminium Orange prior to buliding the kit, can't wait!.

Re: Tamworth meeting is actually on 3 & 4th..the next DSI Challenge is on in Canberra November 11th. I may be at this next DSI race.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Well another good weekend for me and the Corally. Qualified fifth and finished forth in the A-main. Thats pretty good considering the fast guys(running blank can stock motors ) were just light years ahead of everyone else.

I have just finished off my kit Take-offs. I can see clear through to the belt now, so their done for. The performance of those tires was enough to get me hooked on Take-offs!

Still no broken or damaged parts, just a really fast race car. That was probably the last outdoor race, so I will tear the car apart and get it ready for its first indoor race.

You guys got any good carpet setups. Keep in mind I'm still running the solid upper deck. This will be my first outing on carpet, ever. We will be running rubber tires on the carpet, so throw in some tire ideas with your setup suggestions. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkside

You guys got any good carpet setups. Keep in mind I'm still running the solid upper deck. This will be my first outing on carpet, ever. We will be running rubber tires on the carpet, so throw in some tire ideas with your setup suggestions. Thanks.
On carpet you will most likley be best to keep the the solid top deck, the split deck is best for low - medium grip tracks.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:14 PM
Regional Moderator

bk: Oh, I'll be keeping that upper deck like it is. I haven't run into any situation where I needed the split upper deck yet. What I was wondering about was the oil shock setup, shock position, caster setup and tire choice. I know a bad setup is magnified on carpet, so I was just wondering if you guys had any setups you like for carpet.

I'll go check the CorallyUSA site to see if they have one I can start with.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Kawada foam on Ccorally rims ?

HI,

I am running the Corally SP12. Just wondering if anybody has tried the Kawada foam tires on the Corally. Are they of the same width ? The kawada tires comes in pack of 3 pair without rims. So i am thinking of re-using my corally rims with those tires, do they fit nicely ??

Thanks

melvin
Old 10-16-2001, 09:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Well heck, CorallyUSA doesn't have any specific carpet setups, so I'll just stick with what I'm running now.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkside
Well heck, CorallyUSA doesn't have any specific carpet setups, so I'll just stick with what I'm running now.
I've run on carpet a few times and i'm no set-up expert for it but I've noticed a few things about it.
1. The car tends to oversteer I think because of the inherent drag of the carpet- it's like nailing the brakes everytime you let off the throttle. So turn up your nuetral point so that nuetral wants to roll forever.
2 My favorite tires by far are sorex20R (extra soft) with a medium insert- The car can traction roll if your ride hight is too high!
3 letting the cars rear end wash out in corners kills you on carpet- set up the car to roll through the turn and not bog down in the carpet!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:03 AM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep them in mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.