Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My new toy....Mini Inferno

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default My new toy....Mini Inferno

Got this in the mail today from stellamodels and I have to say, I was a little skeptical about it...I already have a mini-t that is some fun, but I really thought this thing was going to be all hype....got it unboxed, antenna threaded into the tube, batteries in and I havent had so much fun in such a long time.

Review:

From the packaging all the way to the mini-inferno itself, this thing is awesome! The level of detail to maintain its Big Brother image is incredible....I almost wish I had a "full size" MP777 Special instead of my X1CR (I did say ALMOST now). This thing is quick, after tightening down the slipper clutch (the manual even states that it is set loose from the factory) this thing is a mini rocket...and with the addition of som nimh cells and a set of oil filled shocks this thing will really rip...and okay maybe...maybe a mod motor....but out of the box stock configuration..this thing is awesome...I really thought i was going to have buyers remorse but no way...I just wish I had two instead of one of these and my mini-t....awesome awesome awesome....pics are on their way!
Attached Thumbnails My new toy....Mini Inferno-mini-inferno-001.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

another pic
Attached Thumbnails My new toy....Mini Inferno-mini-inferno-002.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

and another
Attached Thumbnails My new toy....Mini Inferno-mini-inferno-003.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

last one for now....now I am making a shopping list of upgrades....oh my credit card company is sitting at their desks made of diamonds just ready with the cursed intrest rate of death look in their eyes....
Attached Thumbnails My new toy....Mini Inferno-mini-inferno-004.jpg  
Old 04-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look pretty interesting... What size engine is that?
Old 04-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

i had the misfortune to see one in the flesh a couple of weeks back, it was running on 6 duracells and it was really slow... i mean, kids toy slow..
very disapointed i was..
so hows it perform on 6 nimhs ?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nrctc3
Look pretty interesting... What size engine is that?
That's just a fake cooling head. It's actually used to cool the ESC, I should know because I had to fix one.

For the guys that are running 1/8th and 1/10th, be careful when you are sharing the track with these because your cars/trucks will destroy the little guys. I was praticing at my local track and some kid had one running near the starting gate. I got right behind it on a jump and try to get by it, but my left arm caught it and punted the Mini-Inferno about 20-30 feet in the air. It cratered right into the side of the next jump and broke a lot of stuff. I ended up spending nearly $70 just to fix his car.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Its electric, not nitro Nrctc3...the electric motor size is a 380 which is larger then the 280.

Oople, I have to admit although the Mini-Inferno isnt the fastest out there in stock form but in relation for out of box speed I have to admit it is awfully quick.

I am very happy with it!!!

-John
Old 05-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i might mention that i put shocks off a HPI rally car on mine just now... almost a direct fit. you have to use the lower mounts from the original shocks, but they went right on. now just gotta figure out spring rates, as the rears are too long to use this way...

Last edited by Turbonium; 05-01-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why would someone make an electric car that looks like a gas buggy? Especially when gas buggies are already Ugly ("I'm not ripp'n on 1/8th scales, I have one, and love it"). Gas buggies look ugly because they have alot of working parts that they try to pack into a tight space, therefore they look bulky.

So who thought this up? Defeats the purpose of electric if you ask me! That's only my Opinion. I'm in no way saying anything about those of you who bought one. I'm just saying that there are so many types of rc cars out there, that theirs bound to be a few that I totally dislike!

This one just happens to top that list. Now if I had an 8 year old and he wanted a car like dads, then I'd get one.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd really love to see someone convert this into a gas powered buggy! That I would love to see! Put a Cox scorpion motor in it! We're talk'n totally sweet!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i personally bought it cause i thought it was kinda cool... and i still think it is.

i never thought buggies looked bulky, just very "competition serious"... everything it needs to win, and nothing else.

although, i have never liked nitro anyway.

it is a hoot to drive, but if i install a brushless motor, ill loose the cool fake cooling head!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:17 PM

oo interesting....muahaha...lol would a mamba fit? if it would...MUAHAHAH lol or try to get BIGGER motors! lol
Old 05-01-2005, 09:28 PM

and o yeh....HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Noob
and o yeh....HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!?
About $180-$200 on eBay and hobby stores.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.