Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Dug out this on-road electric car in my attic.. does it look any good to you? *PICS* >

Dug out this on-road electric car in my attic.. does it look any good to you? *PICS*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dug out this on-road electric car in my attic.. does it look any good to you? *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dug out this on-road electric car in my attic.. does it look any good to you? *PICS*

I don't know much about this thing. All I know is that it was purchased at a flea market years ago, I fooled with it a bit and it was pretty fast, then it hit a curb or something and one of the wheels broke off. It has since sat in my attic for who knows how many years. I've recently gotten back into R/C and I want to get this car up and running again.

I have no clue the make or model, all I know is that it appears to be a 1/10 scale touring car. Here are the pics:

---

Any idea who might make this thing? I want to make it a decent parking lot racer to fool around with. Would this be a good car to try and build up or should I just spend the money on a new car?

I dont have any of the hardware to reattach the wheel, I'll have to go to my LHS to get parts. The tires are all dried out and cracked I'll have to get new ones.

Also its always had this twitching problm in the steering.. it caused the original crash, I think the receiver is bad. it even twitches just sitting there and me not even touching it.

Thanks guys
Old 04-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

wow, an original Team Associated RC10L. That brings back memories. I used that same controller back in the day also (Futaba magnam junior)
Old 04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh wow, I didn't think anyone would be able to idenitify it! Very cool.. at least now I know what this thing is. Is it worth fixing up or should I just buy a newer one?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

depends what you want to do with it. although the technology on pan cars hasn't changed all that much...
Old 04-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I just want to fool around with it in front of my house or maybe a parking lot or something.

Is this designed for carpets only? I've run it on the street before, maybe I should get street tires instead of slicks?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

it's more then good enough for bashing around. the car was designed to run on carpet and pavement. don't know if you will be able to get rubber treads for it. Foams will work fine.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Buds used to make adaptors so you could use sedan tires on pan cars, but I don't know if they still do.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

It looks like the batteries are supposed to be saddled...anyways that car looks awesome for back in the day.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

open the reciever casing and blow out the dust. yes that makes a difference. and your esc seems to use a 30amp automotive fuse. wow. never seen that before. might want a better esc
Old 04-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you changed that fiberglass chassis to carbon fiber, you'll have a new car!
Old 04-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the width of the rear pod and the rear brace, it's a Associated RC10Lss. This is the original narrow (200mm) pan car. Most of the parts are still available from Tower Hobby. As was said pan cars have not changed that much so everything can be replaced. The RC10L2 is still in production as a wide version as is the RC10L3T. It still uses the damper plate set up. Parts from other pan cars will fit. With a little mix and match you can get everything you might need. If you go to Associated's you can get a manual for the RC102/2O and the RC103T and a parts catalog for cars before the 10L2.

Go to the 1/10 pan car thread in the Oval and larger scale section here. they can tell you everything you need to know.

BTW Bud no longer makes the adaptors to put touring car wheels on pan cars.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

That is an Associated 10LSS fiberglass.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ditto, It's an Associated Electric RC10SS/L. And it cain't be that old, cuz I still got mine. The screws that hold the rear wheel on are simple 4/40 thread socket cap screws. Available at ANY RC Shop. And they still make all kinds of tire/wheels that will fit just fine (Rubber-capped and Foam).

Use this link for an adobe "PDF" file for an RC10L2 'Manual', the parts are very similar.
http://download.teamassociated.com/p...0L2_manual.pdf

And ask away for any more ????
Some of these guys are really OLD!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=&threadid=145

There my friend is the greatest wealth of human resource on 1/10 pan cars. If none of these guys can answer your question, it ain't worth askin!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

that is a very old futaba ESC you have there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.