Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 MIDWEST

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thank you for the clarification. The UF1 Midwest flyer is not really clear on the drops and it refers to the the UF1RC rules set, that is why I wanted clarification. The 3 race day drops makes more sense for the UF1Midwest series because of the distance of the other 2 race sites to Harbor.

I am looking forward to this race next week, I hope we have a big turnout. What times do doors open each day?

That is a great question about if there will be other classes raced during the race days especially since Sundays is a regular race day for The Track and I do not see the UF1 Race taking the entire day even if there are 3 full heats of 10 cars(hopefully more cars then that).

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Okay i understand that the shorty pack (4000) will get me roughly 30 minutes of run time, my question to u guys is, will we have time for recharging batteries between the three rounds?. I ask because i only own one pack at the moment.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Will there be other classes running during this series, or is it F1 only?
We will run USVTA/USGT on Sunday only, for an additional fee. Practice for April

Originally Posted by AreCee
Just out of curiosity, about what time do you expect to finish each day? I know it will depend on the number of entries but an estimate would be helpful for me.
If we can stay with our normal pace of running the day without any issues, assuming we have 4 heats. We should be done on saturday by 5p.m. (giving you guys ample time for repairs and re-charge), allowing for an additional 3 hours of practice until 8 on Saturday.

Sunday with adding USVTA/USGT I foresee no problem with finishing around the same time. We will however start at 12 on Sunday instead of my prior post of 12:30

Originally Posted by f1larry

I am looking forward to this race next week, I hope we have a big turnout. What times do doors open each day?

That is a great question about if there will be other classes raced during the race days especially since Sundays is a regular race day for The Track and I do not see the UF1 Race taking the entire day even if there are 3 full heats of 10 cars(hopefully more cars then that).

Thanks
9 a.m. both days
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone going to be running the TOP Racing Rebel F1? The f104 front end bolts up, I'd really like to see one in person.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

What rims do the pardus tires go on (f104 foam rims or the f104 rubber tire rims), or does the set come with the rims when you buy a set?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

What rims do the pardus tires go on (f104 foam rims or the f104 rubber tire rims), or does the set come with the rims when you buy a set?
They come with rims f1larry.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default snowbird

Here's a couple of pics from Florida. Car is off the pace due to traction roll, but Tim is working on some things and he has improved every heat. There are eight f1s running there this week.
Attached Thumbnails UF1 MIDWEST-0202130720.jpg   UF1 MIDWEST-0130132215.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

The Pardus tires are pretty sweet. Not sure how much they are going for in the States, but in Shanghai you get a full set of tires and rims for $23.

They softened the compound since IIC, but you still get good wear. We are running them on a large asphalt track for 45 minutes of qualifying, then a 30 minute main with no problems. I'm told the newer, softer compound tires will come with grey rims, not black.

After today's race, I got a chance to test their upcoming tire with fuller inserts. Same foam constancy, but thicker to keep the side walls from flexing as much and rolling over themselves. They gave much better front grip without creating traction rolls. I also like that when you do lose it in a corner, it's not a snap spin, but a skid you can steer out of.

When the fronts get a rough grain across them after about 5 minutes, they really hook up for me. I tried speeding this up by sanding them and found that "liquefies" the tire and ruins them quickly.

Also the inside bearing holder rim tends to crack easily if you hit a lot of stuff. We decreased that frequency by wrapping them with a small strip of fiber tape.

And no, I don't work for Pardus, but after 3 consecutive podium finishes, I'm fairly impressed, especially at that price point.

Good luck all, I wish I was back home racing in this series with you guys.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Bob,

After hearing about the tires having no traction I was very surprised to traction roll with a new set. Good thing that they improved a lot once the "shine" wore off.

They are going for $28 at TQ and F1paint, I'm not sure how much they will cost at the track.

Dave
Old 02-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will the track be open for practice on friday ? Anyone found any good deals on hotel rooms? Looking forward to the race this weekend !
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did some testing on the pardus tires today..... I have a lot of work to do.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Anyone found any good deals on hotel rooms? !
http://www.rctech.net/forum/11729163-post223.html

Gurnee Grand
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I did some testing on the pardus tires today..... I have a lot of work to do.
You're not the only one.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
You're not the only one.
Pushing the button not fixing it..? It usually fixed for me...

It had too much traction or no traction at all..?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Pushing the button not fixing it..? It usually fixed for me...

It had too much traction or no traction at all..?
Both, too much front bite, not enough rear. And, if I threw the car into the corner too hard it would try to roll.

Fun, fun, fun..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.