Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

OK thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I just discovered your products. I saw a link on the Team Orion site about your FK05 chassis. How does this chassis compare to the BMI 3mm chassis conversion kit?

With the BMI I know Jason has moved a few things around, just curious if your chassis is all factory locations or not.

Thanks,
Old 10-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CRASH
I just discovered your products. I saw a link on the Team Orion site about your FK05 chassis. How does this chassis compare to the BMI 3mm chassis conversion kit?

With the BMI I know Jason has moved a few things around, just curious if your chassis is all factory locations or not.

Thanks,
Hey Crash, I don't know much about Jason's kit but I can tell you about ours. I actually spent a great deal of time making sure we didn't change the weight bias/layout much. The best part of the conversion is the quality of the carbon fiber. All components are cut from 3mm quasi with a much lower resin content then all other carbon fiber used in RC that I know of. This gives you the stiffest possible chassis period. When combined with our top deck, the car is a rock letting the suspension do the work.

The chassis is routed 0.5mm deep so that the bulkheads, standoffs and motor mount sit at the same roll center and CG as the stock chassis. We have added a battery tape slot like BMI pioneered as well as diff cutouts both front and back. This was done to avoid interfering with the belt or diff since everything sits closer to the chassis. We also made the spur cutout longer so you can utilize larger spurs with out any modification. Very important for 19t and mod.

The front and rear shock towers are such that no modification is required to slam the body for carpet.

The conversion includes chassis, top deck and shock towers for $99.99
Old 10-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
extended pod plates.....have you run regular pod plates (stock or lowered)?
curious to your opinion on the handling, affects, etc.
I haven't yet. Our track is 100' X 48'. The layouts we have been running have 8' lanes and are quite flowing but we have some pretty rough sections because of large expansion joints in the concrete floor. I think the extended pods mellow the car some over the bumps...make it less jittery. I have regular lowered pods coming from IRS and when they get here I will give them a try and let you know what I think the difference is.
John
Old 10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well i finnally got to race again.. I went down to illinois at IRP for there oval race.. I must say i went down a bit un prepaired LOL.. I quaified 3rd but by the main i got my car settled in pretty good.. I Took off at the tone, and was in second. i passed 2nd for le lead. I had about a full straight away lead at the three mintue mark ( the unprepaired part).. then second place came back hard.. I held him off until the last turn, when i got show the fast way to the pipe..

The reason i say un prepaired, i was using 3300 cells. the second place car had 3700's.. After the three minute mark, i could totally see where the newer cells help out..Had i had the newer cells, i would have been the only car to hit 46 laps that day in stock.. I think i did pretty well with my 3300's against he newer stuff..

my Hyperform motors and batteries were stellar..In the main, i turned the fastest laps of the day in stock out of anyone..

P.S. Lino I will def be ordering some new IB cells. LOL.. The three minute mark efect wont happen again..

Last edited by burbs; 10-16-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Nice job Mike! The IBs will take care of all HP issues.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CLEVELAND WARM-UP, NOV 12th

CLEVELAND WARM-UP - Race #1 Maximus Road Course Trophy Series

Stock 4WD Sedan Series Winner Takes Home An Xray FK '05

RACE DATE:
Non 11th Friday Practice
Nov 12th Saturday Race

CLASSES
1/10 4WD Sedan - Hand-Out Stock 27T
1/10 4WD Sedan - Open 19T
1/12 Scale - Hand-Out Stock 27T

Practice Firday 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday Night Weekly Road Course Club Race (included w/Trophy Race fee)
Saturday Doors Open 8:00 a.m.
Racing Starts 12:00 p.m.
Entry Fee $35 Per Class
Hand-Motor $20 (stock only)

ROAD COURSE TROPHY SERIES: Pre-Registration Deal ,Ad Flyer

PLANNING TO STAY OVERNIGHT: Econo Lodge Coupon
Old 10-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

The Hyperform crew is looking forward to it Heath. Always a good time at Maximus...
Old 10-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Guys, only two packs of the 6-cell 1.20+, 460+ IB3800s left!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Order status

Lino, left you a VM, I hope my order of the 3800s is a part of those already spoken for Call me when you get a chance, just want to make sure everything is in order for this weekends big race. I've got a number of factory drivers (Losi) to contend with and want to make sure I've got fresh HP for my Associated ride.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg Amendola
Lino, left you a VM, I hope my order of the 3800s is a part of those already spoken for Call me when you get a chance, just want to make sure everything is in order for this weekends big race. I've got a number of factory drivers (Losi) to contend with and want to make sure I've got fresh HP for my Associated ride.

Thanks!
HP will be all taken care of...
Old 10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

I was just tearing apart the Hyperform 12th scale car today and it dawned on me that I hadn't yet posted my setup. The car ran very smooth on a medium grip carpet track and was capable of turning some very quick times consistently.

Front End

AE Old School

Camber: Card Stock Under The Outside Of The Block
Caster: One AE Aluminum Washer Under The Front Of The Block
Toe In/Out: 0'
Springs: 22's
Servo Mount: Shoo Goo Flat To The Chassis
Tires: Jaco Purple 2 Stage Or Standard Jaco Purple

Rear End

AE 12L4 Lower Plate
IRS 4 Bolt Lowered Pod Plates
IRS 4 Bolt Rug Rate Upper Plate
CRC Dampner Tubes
Batteries All The Way Back

T-Bar: AE Thick 75-78
T-Bar Mount: Bolted Directly To The Chassis
Dampner Lube: OFNA 10,000wt
Shock Oil: 50wt
Shock Spring: AE Blue
Tires: Jaco Double Pink 2 Stage Or Standard Jaco Gray

Probably the quickest, smoothest yet most responsive T-bar based 12th scale I have ever run.

Nick
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Why the switch to a "link" car?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

It's nothing more than me searching for what works best for me. I am firm believer that everyone has a style and you won't know what fits until you try it.

I have been running a T-bar car since around 1999, my cousin who runs everywhere with me is running a link car and it fits him.

No knocks to the Hyperform car or any T-bar car for that matter. I think the stats speak for themselves, T-bars are still capable and still win everywhere.

Nick
Old 10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Hold onto it Nick, especially for Cleveland. Our 12th was designed to excel on very high bite tracks. In fact, while we're there, you should take a couple laps with my car once traction comes up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.