Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Get both.....or flip a coin.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
so basically you tell me to pick a color
Pick what one has more support, be it online or at the track. If a crc employee, and accomplished racer (dumper) takes his time to give detailed responses to your questions, that tells you a bit about the company.....
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jsinclair
Pick what one has more support, be it online or at the track. If a crc employee, and accomplished racer (dumper) takes his time to give detailed responses to your questions, that tells you a bit about the company.....
This is a very good advice, thanks. It's very important for me because I'm isolated with the cars I'm driving. For a reason I just don't buy the cars other buy or don't run the most famous class when I do. The good thing is rctech allows me to ask question to the guys who race or design the cars, which is a true privilege.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert_K
That's also a point. Thunder Tiger Germany provides parts for the Asso, that's in the stores within a few day's when orderd. CRC Has to come overseas and will take a longer time. I think both cars are equal on preformance, no words there.

Regards Robert
Hoeco.at has parts for the CRC as they are Europe's central warehouse
Old 01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dumper
I run a JR servo in my XTI, and the car is plenty fast. On pace everywhere I go.
Dumper, do you run the JR up or down? I think the small airtronics is my issue, it doesnt center coming out of the corners. Its placed between the arms.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

The JR fits between the front arms as long as you cut one of the ears off.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

I ended up with the CRC because I found a new one for a good price.

Can't wait!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

I ended buying a very slightly used 12R5.2 too
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

curious how you find the two cars back to back. At my track, crc is definitely the car of choice though im still fighting them with my associated 5.1 Onpoint at similar pace.

i wanted a 5.2, but if crc puts out a KIT sku of the alter ego, i might go for that for my next car. any words on that dumper? as in, i dont want to buy a XTI then have to BUY a alter ego chassis conversion.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would not buy the crc purely based on what i have seen happen,the carbon fiber is poor quality and falls apart.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Theo49306
Dumper, do you run the JR up or down? I think the small airtronics is my issue, it doesnt center coming out of the corners. Its placed between the arms.
I run a JR servo down in the stock location (in between the front A arms).
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by No9
I would not buy the crc purely based on what i have seen happen,the carbon fiber is poor quality and falls apart.
I picked up a xti and on first day at track got plowed by a tc in a slower area and it pulled a screw thru the chassis plate (rear link mount ) . Hate the thread of the sae screws .
Only 2 complaints I have about the car . Drives great
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by No9
What you have seen happen is actually caused by a minor design error. The front body post area was a bit weak. They have since added more material around the post holes and the problem is gone. Having said that, my original (1st gen) Xti chassis is still unblemished. Anyone who runs a properly trimmed, quality foam bumper will be fine.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
What you have seen happen is actually caused by a minor design error. The front body post area was a bit weak. They have since added more material around the post holes and the problem is gone. Having said that, my original (1st gen) Xti chassis is still unblemished. Anyone who runs a properly trimmed, quality foam bumper will be fine.
My mates car has had the rear pod snap in half right across the screw holes,i understand that they have now fixed the issue but having to spend more money on an upgrade for a new product so soon is not good.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by No9
My mates car has had the rear pod snap in half right across the screw holes,i understand that they have now fixed the issue but having to spend more money on an upgrade for a new product so soon is not good.
As I understand it, CRC was replacing early chassis with the revised part free of charge. They also made the revised chassis a running change to the kit, so no further "upgrades" would be necessary. This is certainly not the first car in the RC world to have a minor teething problem shortly after release.

I personally haven't seen any broken pod plates locally. All of my components are still intact, and I have had some rather nasty impacts at the hands of TC's and a few "unscheduled flights" of my own.

I feel it's unfair to make broad generalizations based on such limited experience with a product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.