Wiki Posts
Search

Brakes? What are those?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Brakes? What are those?

Ok, I have been racing for a little over a year. And this year I really want to be competive because I will be attending a few bigger races. So Im trying to tackle each aspect of racing while getting better all the time. One thing Im really concerned with is using the actual brakes. I hear people talking about this all the time...braking zones, brake points, Ive tried this but I have mostly found that I just let my drag brake do the work and I just keep driving. Now that I really think about it, I guess using the actual brakes would I could go into the corner a little deeper, faster, and harder, and just "brake" later. But here comes my confusion. It seems whenever I have experimented with using my brakes, it brakes too hard and usually causes irratic handling and a serious loss of traction. I dont think I have my brakes set wrong, they dont lock my wheels ( thats what I was taught). So is braking like accelerating? Meaning that half brake is what I would normally be using or that gradual braking is what I should be doing to get the desired effect?!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Use your radio to turn down the amount of brakes that you have in order to keep the car from getting out of control.