On road engine at GT car?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xontroi
My dear friends i am confused about the glow plug of N21-7T.
At the site of Nova, under specs it is recommended C6TF.
The engine was delivered,brand new, included a C7TF.
After some reading around the net i found similar engines running a C8TGH.
I have also in my bag one C6TGF.
After all that i am confused about my choises.
Should i go for the break in with C6TGF or C7TF?
After at that i will go on by using C8TGH?
The temperature here in Greece is about 5-35 Celsius
Run 1-2 liters with the C7TF. Then switch to the C8TGH for the rest of your running.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok so i read all pages and i see that the 9886 is good for gt on novas
as i tried a 9901 and 086 on the 21-7 fms and it runs strong
what other pipe is good for 35 plus 21 or 21-7t/21-7r7/kappo/rally ?
and what about the os xz-r? what pipe are people running on this?
i have 2050,2060. maybe 2090? or a 2070 with what header?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I like the 9886 for both my kangaroo and my XZR speed, still playing with headers but last time out i used a short header and it was nice.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 04-01-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

My dear friends i have to write down about the progress of N21-7T on a Rally game.
Well after the break in of the engine, the temperatures were about 100 celsius with an ambient temperature 20 celcius and without a body on the model.Also the HSN was still at the reach side of mixture.
As you can understand it wasn't a good sign so i bought a head of Fioroni compatible with Nova and gave it a try.
The results of the new were unbelievable but i also get confused.
The temperature at the glow plug was about 70 C and i had to lean out the HSN by a total turn in to get about 100 C. The confused is that another temperature sensor which is hooked up at the side of the crankcase gave me 118 C at the same moment. I know that this sensor gives smaller temps than the real ones so you can imagine what it could be the real sensor. On the other hand when i leaned it out i saw that the engined cleaned out at the high RPM without bogging of less fuel and i still had some smoke form the exaust tip.
What is your opinion of all this?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

My dear friends i have to write down about the progress of N21-7T on a Rally game.
Well after the break in of the engine, the temperatures were about 100 celsius with an ambient temperature 20 celcius and without a body on the model.Also the HSN was still at the reach side of mixture.
As you can understand it wasn't a good sign so i bought a head of Fioroni compatible with Nova and gave it a try.
The results of the new were unbelievable but i also get confused.
The temperature at the glow plug was about 70 C and i had to lean out the HSN by a total turn in to get about 100 C. The confused is that another temperature sensor which is hooked up at the side of the crankcase gave me 118 C at the same moment. I know that this sensor gives smaller temps than the real ones so you can imagine what it could be the real sensor. On the other hand when i leaned it out i saw that the engined cleaned out at the high RPM without bogging of less fuel and i still had some smoke form the exaust tip.
What is your opinion of all this?
I just installed and tuned that same engine at 235* with the stock head it runs like a champ! Dont be as concerned with the temps just make sure you have a steady stream of light smoke behind it and you will be fine for the most part. theoretically with a larger head you can run llean but need to be carefull with that because you can get to the point where the temps are perfect but you dont have the proper lubrication and it will die. only use temps for a reference point. here is that engine in a GT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jULsqCQlJBI
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I just installed and tuned that same engine at 235* with the stock head it runs like a champ! Dont be as concerned with the temps just make sure you have a steady stream of light smoke behind it and you will be fine for the most part. theoretically with a larger head you can run llean but need to be carefull with that because you can get to the point where the temps are perfect but you dont have the proper lubrication and it will die. only use temps for a reference point. here is that engine in a GT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jULsqCQlJBI
Dear friend thank you for your responce but the head that you show us at the video is not the stock head for N21 7T. If you didn't had problems with temps why did you replaced the stock one?

Edit: just now i realised that you are talking about N21 R7. The subject of this post is a N21 7T on road engine on a rally game car
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Dear friend thank you for your responce but the head that you show us at the video is not the stock head for N21 7T. If you didn't had problems with temps why did you replaced the stock one?

Edit: just now i realised that you are talking about N21 R7. The subject of this post is a N21 7T on road engine on a rally game car

Your right, I am sorry! the onroad heads are too small for GT cars they overheat, If you dont change it than you are forced to run the engine really rich in order to not damage it. If you do change it tune for around 230* which would be 300* with the on road head. IF you tune for 260+ with the large head the engine will be too lean.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Engine cooling is also affected by the amount of air actually flowing and reaching the head’s fins. Things like body design, hole location, airflow extraction after the fact, also add to the equation and are often overlooked by many people too.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I am looking for a glow plug other than Nova. I am disapointed from the life of them.
I run in my engine about 2 litres of RB fuel 25% with about 15%oil for breaking in and i have already replaced two glow plugs. The strange is that the coil of plug is there and it has still a resistance when i measure it throught a multimeter but it can't fire up the engine.
When i put a new glow plug everything work fine for some ml of fuel and then i had the same symptoms. The glow plugs that i used was C7TF and C8TGH.
Now i run by using one RB 7 turbo CP-02 . It hasn't run a lot of fuel till now but i am afraid that it will have the same luck since RB plugs are the same with Nova's.
I found at the forum that i could try also Sirio,GRP Picco and O'Donnell.
But it wasn't clear the models of them.
So my question is what are the corespondive plugs of a Nova C8TGH? Also the colder plug from O'donnell is the 99T. Is it quite cold for a N21 7T or it is for buggy engines?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Unhappy 'plug problem'

Xontroi.......

I'm curious as to what you are using for the power source for your 'glow igniter'. Is it fully charged? I had some 'plug issues' when I went from our track altitude near 4500' ASL to L.A., closer to sea level. While 'chasing the tune' through the excess heat I incurred, my plug got 'unhappy' and taxed my igniter' to the point I had to go to my more recently charged 'backup'. After I got an excess heat indication on my plug, I did change it but more of my problem was in the igniter power making me think I had another issue. I kept the same heat range plug but found the richer tune I needed for the engine to be happy.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Xontroi.......

I'm curious as to what you are using for the power source for your 'glow igniter'. Is it fully charged? I had some 'plug issues' when I went from our track altitude near 4500' ASL to L.A., closer to sea level. While 'chasing the tune' through the excess heat I incurred, my plug got 'unhappy' and taxed my igniter' to the point I had to go to my more recently charged 'backup'. After I got an excess heat indication on my plug, I did change it but more of my problem was in the igniter power making me think I had another issue. I kept the same heat range plug but found the richer tune I needed for the engine to be happy.
Jerry my igniter is a Prolux Lipo-glow and it is fully gharged.The indicator of condition of the glow plug shows that everything is ok. It is strange because having the plug on my hand as brand new i saw that it glows normally and after the problem appeared it didn't glow. I just could feel a little heat in my fingers.
At the same moment another brand new plug glows normally.So it is not a case of the igniter. I was afraid of the bigger percentage of oil that was included at the fuel. So i turned down at the normal percentage of oil.
At least the break in procedure is done and the engine is properly tuned.
I didn't change the place where i run my model and i believe it is properly tuned. The temperatures looks perfect at my tempgun. Never exceed the
95 C at the base of the glow plug and the 105 at the side of the crankcase.
The lowervalues at the head are thanks to a bigger head of Fioroni.
By the way i hope with a normal tuned engine nowafter i won't have problem with my plugs in the future.
But just in case i would like to now the models of plugs you use as an alternative of T8CGH
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

But just in case i would like to now the models of plugs you use as an alternative of T8CGH
LM Based on/road plugs imo is all I use. I was very tired of getting a bad nova plug.

This is the only reliable source in the USA that I can find that keeps them in stock.

Remember to buy the ON/ROAD plugs

Here is a link
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index....a&filter_id=90

Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Excuse me but please could you define which ones are in LM group and what numbers should they be? i mean coresponding to the C8TGH as far as the coldness
Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Excuse me but please could you define which ones are in LM group and what numbers should they be? i mean coresponding to the C8TGH as far as the coldness
LM is the manufacturer of many plugs, Sirio/Werks/Orion and others...

As hot/cold 6 is med 7 is cold. I use both

When it is hot out and I am running 25/30% I run the 7

The link above show 6=med 7=Cold remember to buy the onroad plug not off.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok i got it. Thank you the infos. Something more, what about O'donnel plugs?
Is 99T ok for onroad engines?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.