On road engine at GT car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

What about Rb heads? Somewhere i read that they fit perfect at Nova engines
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just a FYI, I've ran the NOVA 35 plus .21 engine for the past 2 years in my GT cars and never had the engines above 270 degrees. Usually my 35 plus .21 engines run between 240 to 265 degrees. All my engines have original heads on them and never had to switch to different heads. During the summer I run colder plugs and during the winter I run hotter plugs. I use 25% VP Powermaster fuel.

Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"

Last edited by bassman2; 01-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bassman2
Just a FYI, I've ran the NOVA 35 plus .21 engine for the past 2 years in my GT cars and never had the engines above 270 degrees. Usually my 35 plus .21 engines run between 240 to 265 degrees. All my engines have original heads on them and never had to switch to different heads. During the summer I run colder plugs and during the winter I run hotter plugs. I use 25% VP Powermaster fuel.

Maybe its just the audi body!! Either way there is no harm done with using a larger head, with a cooler head you can run less fuel!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Xontroi
What about Rb heads? Somewhere i read that they fit perfect at Nova engines
RB is made by Nova (not the Killer series) so they are a perfect fit.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'll pick up a cheap head an test it out for myself an see what temps I'm running at better safe then sorry! Plus I live in Las Vegas I will be racing in 110 degree weather so I'm guessing a bigger head is the way to go. I can cook bacon on the pavement here in the summer and that's not a joke.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
RB is made by Nova (not the Killer series) so they are a perfect fit.
The killer rb concept motors were made in Taiwan or something by a different company so I doubt they would fit. I believe...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by duh702GT
I'll pick up a cheap head an test it out for myself an see what temps I'm running at better safe then sorry! Plus I live in Las Vegas I will be racing in 110 degree weather so I'm guessing a bigger head is the way to go. I can cook bacon on the pavement here in the summer and that's not a joke.
Well if you notice that all of the Engine MFG that are making GT spec engines all incorporate a larger head so it just makes sense plus it cant hurt the situation only help. There are no GT/Rally spec engines with small heads that i know of.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bassman2

Hey Andy
How would you rate that motor in the GT I haven't ran mine yet but I'm praying its gonna be a monster at the track an kill on the straight away.
I'm running it with a buku clutch and nova Rossi efra 9886 pipe. Let me know what you think.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Clutch

Hey Andy
How would you rate that motor in the GT I haven't ran mine yet but I'm praying its gonna be a monster at the track an kill on the straight away.
I'm running it with a buku clutch and nova Rossi efra 9886 pipe. Let me know what you think.
I would think about running a centax type of clutch.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by latemodel13
I would think about running a centax type of clutch.
Why Centax clutch I thought buku was one of the best clutches.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Andy
The 35 plus .21 is OK on the bottom but it sings at the mid to top rpm range as long as the engine is properly tuned. This engine will perform very well at the mid to large size tracks. This engine does not have the torque as some of the premium 7 port engines do, so to compensate for that is to lower the 1st pinion to 15 tooth and 2nd with 19th tooth. Make adjustment on the spur gears to go bigger or smaller depending on the track size. 9886 is a great pipe for the 35 plus, you'll like it! One more thing to try is to use harder clutch springs to assist on the slight weaker power delivery on the low rpm range. Overall, the 9 port 35 plus .21 is a great engine from Novarossi. However, if you want engines that will give you the power from the bottom to the top then a 7 port rally or engines like a Kappo, 7T, 7T rally Kangaroo, or offroad engines such as a Bonito or a Roma will be some of the excellent choices for these GT cars.

The number one message for people to take home when running these GT cars is that ANY good quality and reliable engines from the Novarossi or any other brand is very competitive. Many racers who is new to this class will soon find out the beauty of this class IS NOT ABOUT WHO HAS THE FASTEST ENGINE or DEEPEST POCKET in order to podium. To podium in this awesome GT class one must practice to drive well at a consistent level, learn the overall setup of his/her car (clutch tuning, engine tuning, pipe/header, proper gearing, etc.).

As part of the general rules for this class, one must run rubber tires, shaft-driven, standard clutch (no centax clutch allowed). Because of these rules anyone from 1/8 scale offroad or onroad can run their offroad or onroad engines and be very competitive. In addition, anyone who is looking for a low buget but great performance and reliable engine can pick up a Nova 5T basic sport, a Nova 7T basic sport and he/she will be amazed how competitive these engines can be comparing to a high dollar onroad engine.

I hope the message above make sense to folks who race in this great GT class that many others and I love so much.

Lets continue to work together and grow this awesome GT8 (Super GT) class in 2013 and beyond!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Guys i have two choises in my mind about replacing with a bigger head.
The first one as a brand new condition is a RB Junior 9
and my second thought which is in used condition is a RB L2C magnesium
What is your opinion?
First of all are they compatible with Nova Basic crankcase?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Tech Lord

If magnesium did the trick then most manufacturers did keep on using them, today there isn't an engine sold with a magnesium head. These heads have a lower heat transfer capacity so stay away from them.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok, i got it
What about the other one and it's compatibility?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Initiate

My dear friends i am confused about the glow plug of N21-7T.
At the site of Nova, under specs it is recommended C6TF.
The engine was delivered,brand new, included a C7TF.
After some reading around the net i found similar engines running a C8TGH.
I have also in my bag one C6TGF.
After all that i am confused about my choises.
Should i go for the break in with C6TGF or C7TF?
After at that i will go on by using C8TGH?
The temperature here in Greece is about 5-35 Celsius

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.