Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested! >

The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Soviet- Look at thepitcrew's post for the real cost of making the TC4 competitave after your buzz is over. My lho sells the tc3 for $239.

i_got_m8 I am not saying that the TC4 can't be competitive it's just that when you get done you spent a lot of money and have less quality of a car. Be glad Paul did not get a better car, he would lap everyone at your track 2 more times
It's good that you are happy with your xmas present, but there are better products out there. For someone that has to fork out their own money to buy a car to race, a TC4 is not of the best quality that can be purchased today. This thread is about the best, so it's just my 2c worth to help those that may want to look at a higher value for their money.

The world has changed since the TC3 came out. All of the other manufacturers have stepped up the quality of their product and associated made minor upgrades to the TC3 and called it a TC4.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I get the sneaking suspicion that you know me...

EXPOSE YOURSELF!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

I_Got_M8 where is box on Jericho? Wheres my map.

If you set a TC4 next to an XRAY, Tamiya TRF415(evo4), JRXS, etc there will be a glaring difference in the quality of materials that the manufactures used to produce their products. It is expensive at the manufacturing level to use carbon fibre and machined al and spring steel. The other companies would not have used these expensive materials unless they thought it was necessary to building a first tier product.

The material of the car does not win the race (generally) but when you fork out hundreds of dollars it's good if you end up with a piece of quality equipment and not just plastic. Yes that is just my personal opinion.

Look at LOSI. There last generation car is the XXXS. It worked well and drove smooth. Did they just upgrade it? No they put the effort forth (engineering and materials) to produce a no holds barred top of the line product. My hat is off to them as an american company that is tryiong to give us the racer the best products. I don't own a JRXS but I know quality when I see it.

Anyway a truthful respectful discussion of the best RC cars in our hobby is healthy and fun. By the way I own many Associated cars. Please for give my buzzed comment to soviet as he referred to me as high and I wanted some soviet ..... Hey Soviet where do you race? We can settle this on the track.

Got 2 go. Have a good one.

For those of us that learned to drive at Hobby town, don't hit the other cars, everybody else looks on that as bad!!!!!!!!! Especially when you hammer the cars in front of you and they have their rearend torn off..oops, sorry I was just thinking of a race last Sat.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Charles

If you set a TC4 next to an XRAY, Tamiya TRF415(evo4), JRXS, etc there will be a glaring difference in the quality of materials that the manufactures used to produce their products. It is expensive at the manufacturing level to use carbon fibre and machined al and spring steel. The other companies would not have used these expensive materials unless they thought it was necessary to building a first tier product.

The material of the car does not win the race (generally) but when you fork out hundreds of dollars it's good if you end up with a piece of quality equipment and not just plastic. Yes that is just my personal opinion.

Look at LOSI. There last generation car is the XXXS. It worked well and drove smooth. Did they just upgrade it? No they put the effort forth (engineering and materials) to produce a no holds barred top of the line product. My hat is off to them as an american company that is tryiong to give us the racer the best products. I don't own a JRXS but I know quality when I see it.

Anyway a truthful respectful discussion of the best RC cars in our hobby is healthy and fun. By the way I own many Associated cars. Please for give my buzzed comment to soviet as he referred to me as high and I wanted some soviet ..... Hey Soviet where do you race? We can settle this on the track.

For those of us that learned to drive at Hobby town, don't hit the other cars, everybody else looks on that as bad!!!!!!!!! Especially when you hammer the cars in front of you and they have their rearend torn off..oops, sorry I was just thinking of a race last Sat.
I'm down at Debbies RC World in Chesapeake, VA. I'm getting my TC worked up as 1/12th has closed down for the season.

We can race any time you want...
Old 05-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

i do agree with you about the losi i was just giving my 2 cents befor
Old 05-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Soviet - East US, too bad I am on the West Coast (sort of, AZ)
Ah Virginia, been there, is nice.

I just like to race win or lose, I enjoy it. If my car handles good then I have a product that is competitive, I'm happy. Then it's just up to me to drive
Old 05-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Soviet - East US, too bad I am on the West Coast (sort of, AZ)
Ah Virginia, been there, is nice.

I just like to race win or lose, I enjoy it. If my car handles good then I have a product that is competitive, I'm happy. Then it's just up to me to drive
i like to race like that to and jericho is on long island
Old 05-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Pro 4 all the way. I got that car and the first day I used it I didnt hit a wall. And then after a while the wall came out of no where and hit me
Old 05-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

I bought a used Pro4. The next 3 races that I used it in I won. 20 laps at SRS with it (I never turned 20 with TC3) 5th day that I owned it. The car handles and it's fast. Just need some shops to carry parts.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Yea my shop doesnt carry parts either but they order for me so it isnt that bad.