Search

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xcirven
racer-rich,
i've been silently lurking around this forum due to my interest in F1. Tried to run and learn from UF1 houston, but now I am about to re-locate back to san jose and would like to know the schedule of running KF01 races at norcal? I watched the rams-rc WCC last weekend and my jaws dropped watching and video-ng the F1 class. thank for any info.

Rodel
Hi,
I was also at the rams-rc WCC race last weekend. I was driving the solid red F1 car (the one that had the nose bent up in the A-main). At Nor-Cal I bring my Kf01 to all the on-road races and when we get three or more nitro F1's we race.
You can find out the race schedule by checking out the Nor-Cal hobbies website.

-Rich
Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Rich,

So I just about have the car done. Gotta run to the store to find a lipo and a ball stud. I must have dropped the ball stud somewhere between 2-5 am when I was wrenching on the car. A couple of questions for you,

1. For the battery location, and the 4 Nicad/nimh cells it calls for, did you switch to lipo? And by doing so , did you notice any problems with the rear end losing traction? The reason I ask is that I'm probably going to run a lipo pack to the left of the fuel tank.

2, What bodies work best for this wide car? Any of the 103 bodies?

3. Have you tried running rubber tires? If so, what compounds have been working for you.

Lastly, I may be able to hit up Norcal some time in the fall. How many KF01s are running up there? I'd like to coordinate something to get all of us together.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Meilleur
Rich,

So I just about have the car done. Gotta run to the store to find a lipo and a ball stud. I must have dropped the ball stud somewhere between 2-5 am when I was wrenching on the car. A couple of questions for you,

1. For the battery location, and the 4 Nicad/nimh cells it calls for, did you switch to lipo? And by doing so , did you notice any problems with the rear end losing traction? The reason I ask is that I'm probably going to run a lipo pack to the left of the fuel tank.

2, What bodies work best for this wide car? Any of the 103 bodies?

3. Have you tried running rubber tires? If so, what compounds have been working for you.

Lastly, I may be able to hit up Norcal some time in the fall. How many KF01s are running up there? I'd like to coordinate something to get all of us together.

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
When you use the two speed you will have to modify the battery holder as shown in the instructions. What I did was to use a lipo battery and mount it in the same place as the original (behind the rear axle). The battery that I used is shorter than a AA nicad and so it will fit with the two speed. I got the batteries and connectors from HobbyKing;
2x #9210000003/33260 Turnigy nano-tech 750mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 180) (USA Warehouse)
2x #258000009/30668 EC2 Female & Male (5pcs/bag) (US Warehouse)

I wired the batteries in series to get 7.2v at 750ma and they fix great (you can see them under the exhaust pipe in the photos on the the first page of this thread).
As for bodies any of the older body styles will fit, they just need to have a wide center section. I prefer the bodies from Kyosho as they have the proper cutouts molded in.
The kit rubber tires work good on a prepped asphalt track, but the foams work great even on a dusty track. I used hard fronts and soft rears, they are really cheap from bonzaihobbies and they last a long time.

-Rich
Old 09-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Manila running

Originally Posted by Meilleur
Momo,

Have you tried to run this car on rubber tires? On another note, I may be out there in PI at the end of the year or the beginning of next. And I might just bring some gear with me. Are you guys running this car over there?
Hi,
We sure do, I believe there are 3 kits in the country. They let us race with the electric guys. We do have to pit, but we are faster then they are.

Rubber tires that came with kit are useless on the surface we race on. Heated Ride tires seem to work ok. When track temp is up, they are at their best...

If you do head out here, let me know, let's do some Laos at our local track...

Marty
Old 09-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow Rx Battery

Originally Posted by Racer-rich
Hi Jeff,
When you use the two speed you will have to modify the battery holder as shown in the instructions. What I did was to use a lipo battery and mount it in the same place as the original (behind the rear axle). The battery that I used is shorter than a AA nicad and so it will fit with the two speed. I got the batteries and connectors from HobbyKing;
2x #9210000003/33260 Turnigy nano-tech 750mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 180) (USA Warehouse)

I wired the batteries in series to get 7.2v at 750ma and they fix great (you can see them under the exhaust pipe in the photos on the the first page of this thread).
As for bodies any of the older body styles will fit, they just need to have a wide center section. I prefer the bodies from Kyosho as they have the proper cutouts molded in.
The kit rubber tires work good on a prepped asphalt track, but the foams work great even on a dusty track. I used hard fronts and soft rears, they are really cheap from bonzaihobbies and they last a long time.

-Rich

Hey gents,
On my kit, I use 5AAA cells in a pyramid configuration. This lowers the profile and has the extra cell to compensate for using AAA's. This in turns gives lots of clearance for the rear axle and pipe.

On rubbers, we have an indoor prepped track, only with some heat in them, and compound, will kit rubbers be seviceable. They work better on a rougher surface.

So far, I've tried f103 shells and no dice. Main spur gets in the way. I have seen a modern lotus shell used with a lot of modification (check Japanese sites on google).

Marty
Old 09-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am afraid that im gonna need to see some video!!
►*1:32►*1:32
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIiGvmtzpFA
Aug 9, 2010 - Uploaded by PROSHOPFUTABA
京商 KF01をRCスタジアム袖ヶ浦でシェイクダウンしました。 フルノーマル状態です。

FYI, pulled this off YouTube.
I don't have any decent footage, some on facebook...
Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default More KF01 action

Here is some video from Japanese F-GPX series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNS_JD9_Lo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvOqfo0scSs
Old 11-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-building-010.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-008.jpg
Originally Posted by momoyluds
Hey gents,
On my kit, I use 5AAA cells in a pyramid configuration. This lowers the profile and has the extra cell to compensate for using AAA's. This in turns gives lots of clearance for the rear axle and pipe.

On rubbers, we have an indoor prepped track, only with some heat in them, and compound, will kit rubbers be seviceable. They work better on a rougher surface.

So far, I've tried f103 shells and no dice. Main spur gets in the way. I have seen a modern lotus shell used with a lot of modification (check Japanese sites on google).

Marty
Gary (Quote) I used traxxas 1200 nihm 5cell fits nicely with out stock batt. mount.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Finished kf01

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-005.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-007.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-006.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-002.jpg

Here is my kfo1 ready to mount body then paint, very nice kit tires are junk and I ordered diff. That live rear axle be hand full I think.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gary47
Attachment 1134568

Attachment 1134569

Attachment 1134570

Attachment 1134571

Here is my kfo1 ready to mount body then paint, very nice kit tires are junk and I ordered diff. That live rear axle be hand full I think.
Gary,
Great job! Your car looks great. Actually, the kit rubber tires aren't to bad on an asphalt track. But foam tires are much better.

-Rich
Old 11-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Gary,
Great job! Your car looks great. Actually, the kit rubber tires aren't to bad on an asphalt track. But foam tires are much better.

-Rich
Yes reading all posts I will order some before season starts and I am trying get going here in WI at BADGER LAND F1. I have diff coming in mail also was looking at replace rear axle blocks to alum since springs for axle move up and down.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Default all done

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-all-done-001.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-all-done-003.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-all-done-002.jpg

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1-all-done-005.jpg
Old 11-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Gary,

-Rich
Anyone using the Plazma F1 Foams? Also will a standard 7.4v lipo fit or be made to fit with the 2 speed? Tx.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Anyone using the Plazma F1 Foams? Also will a standard 7.4v lipo fit or be made to fit with the 2 speed? Tx.
Regarding the lipo...I'm referring to a standard hump 7.4v 2S. Does that not fit?
Old 11-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Hi,

-Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.