Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kyosho Touring Car >

Kyosho Touring Car

Kyosho Touring Car

Old 12-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Sweet... thanks. Can't wait till they release more information about it.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

This is the car that Shinnozuke Adachi has used at the JRMCA. It's getting close to production specs so i've heard.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-l106.jpg  
Old 12-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmmm... thats interesting. I had thought that Kyosho was having Josh work on their car... and that one is a dual belt design. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

That car that Adachi ran is based of a 2 year old prototype that Kyosho had at the Tokyo Hobby show. The car Josh ran this past weekend at Cleveland is nothing like that it's belt drive. Josh ran a car simular to that at the ROAR onroad NAT's 2 months ago.

Roly

Maybe Kyosho will go the way of Tamiya,Yokomo, and HPI/HotBodies and offer 2 different drivetrain options.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

My information (and believe me it's good) is that this car is the one. It's got nothing to do with the car showed at the hobby shows, this car is based on the ZX-5 if you have a close look to it you'll see : gearboxes, steering, hubs etc... are off the ZX-5. It's got wishbones adapted to the track width of a TC, but they're not the same as the ones used on the TF-5.

I'm attaching a pic of the TF-5 and one of the new car so you can compare and see for yourself they've only got the basic layout in common.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-l106.jpg   Kyosho Touring Car-dsc07694.jpg  
Old 12-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default WRONG

Well, as good as your sources are... they're wrong. My source (Josh) says that he is the designer of the electric touring car, and that they will probally work with his latest design, which he ran at Cleveland.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

I hope it's the electric RRR! I know that did not work so great but how cool would that be!!! Completely different from everything else in the market.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

TRF415boy- If you read my post I said that the car Adachi ran was "BASED" not the same as the ZX-5. I've heard the same stuff that Bobby has.

Roly
Old 12-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

"Based" means it shares a majority of parts, which is not the case. Otherwise you could say the MSX is based on the Cyclone based on the fact that the layout and the way you can access the drivetrain are similar... These two shaft cars there don't share many parts.

We'll see what their car looks like at the Warm Up I guess, I'm not getting into an argument with you, you heard something in the US, I hear something else from somewhere else, maybe there are two cars being developped (but it's not what i've heard).

Also the pictures I saw of Josh's car at the US paved nats was a TF-5, not the belt car he used at the Reedy Race. Shame the link where it was is down.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
"Based" means it shares a majority of parts, which is not the case. Otherwise you could say the MSX is based on the Cyclone based on the fact that the layout and the way you can access the drivetrain are similar... These two shaft cars there don't share many parts.

We'll see what their car looks like at the Warm Up I guess, I'm not getting into an argument with you, you heard something in the US, I hear something else from somewhere else, maybe there are two cars being developped (but it's not what i've heard).

Also the pictures I saw of Josh's car at the US paved nats was a TF-5, not the belt car he used at the Reedy Race. Shame the link where it was is down.
Why don't you tell us who your sources are so everyone reading these threads knows you aren't just blowing hot air.

Josh said the car from the Reedy race was to test ideas and progress that design to a finished car. After the Reedy race he made some changes and the parts weren't ready till the week before Cleveland. This is why he ran the shaft drive car at outdoor nats. I would say the car looks pretty good as he made the A at Cleveland and only had the car for less then a week of practice.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The car you put up and the car I have seen at races is not the same as what Josh has.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Why don't you tell us who your sources are so everyone reading these threads knows you aren't just blowing hot air.

Josh said the car from the Reedy race was to test ideas and progress that design to a finished car. After the Reedy race he made some changes and the parts weren't ready till the week before Cleveland. This is why he ran the shaft drive car at outdoor nats. I would say the car looks pretty good as he made the A at Cleveland and only had the car for less then a week of practice.
Good enough to say my source is someone who works at Kyosho and is directly in relation to the HQ in Japan. According to that source the car will be used at the Warm Up in Italy, and will be near production. So we'll see at that time what car it is, anything else is pure speculation since even Josh don't have the decision power, and it's obvious they have more than a single car in the works, otherwise Adachi would have used Josh's prototype don't you think ?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Initiate

It seems as though Kyosho might be bringing two cars, that are different in layout, to the racing scene. They have done it before with their nitro sedans. But, the only way we will all know what is going on, is when Kyosho releases information.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My vote goes to the "Red Prototype". I see nothing wrong with going with a proven design. Do any of you? Xray doesn't seem to mind.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

i flipped through (maybe) the latest edition of 'RC World' magazine (jap). and they featured the latest EP touring cars, including cyclone, yokomo BD, the MSX and of course, Adachi's red machine.

i am not sure whether it's a review of TCs or race coverage of JMRCA but definitely more look like it's review of TCs because they don't feature Hara's car.

So my vote goes to Adachi's shaft driven style.

I have the same thought, Kyosho might develop 2 cars at the same time. After all they mastered the shaft driven with the infernos, FW series, superten. with RRR being their latest successful project, no doubt they want to extend this to the EP class as well.

my 2 cents

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.