Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default wondering

my car came with a ft 1way only I see some people useing a ft diff will the rear work in the ft......
Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Customworksking
my car came with a ft 1way only I see some people useing a ft diff will the rear work in the ft......
Yes.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
TFW001 alloy diff outdrives are definitely available in the UK now (we have them). Don't know about availability of parts worldwide.
ygm !
Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default Available in Canada??

I am just getting started back in TC for the winter, and I would love to run the belt version up here in Toronto Canada but nobody has parts. We have about 15 hobby stores that are distributors but nobody has parts on hand, that sucks. Everyone says it will take a couple weeks to order what I need so basically if I break, i'm screwed. And ordering from the UK or states can get pricey... TOO BAD!!! What a sweet car, and I hate driving what everyone else does... all I see at the local track is Xray, Corally, and 2 415's LOL thats it..... How nice would this baby be leading that pack lol!! Any ideas on how to solve my problem, maybe a sponsorship LOL
Sweet Car!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bwadd2002
Any ideas on how to solve my problem

RC Champ
Old 11-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here is some options and spare in-stock.have a low friction belt

http://www.racing11.net/shop/index.p...h=23_28_51_138
Old 11-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default RC Champ

Ya I heard they are we'll priced, but they are in japan soo shipping and duty is still a factor...
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Hey guys, below is a list of option parts that have just arrived in the USA. Ask your LHS for price and ordering I hope everyone is having great success with their TF-5 Chassis.

TF005H Carbon Composite Suspension Arm Set(F&R/T
TFW001 Aluminum Diff. Shaft Set(TF-5/STALLION)
TFW001-01 C-Joint Adaptor(TF-5/STALLION)
TFW051 Aluminum Spool Shaft Set(TF-5)
TFW101 Center One-way(STALLION)
TFW102 Aluminum Upper Bulk Head Set(STALLION)
TFW105 Belt Tensionner(STALLION)
TFW106 Aluminum Rear Upper Plate(STALLION)
TFW107 Aluminum Center Bearing Holder(STALLION)
TFW108 Aluminum Spool Shaft Set(STALLION)
Old 11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been runing the RDX and racing for the last 6 months and looking for a change of cars. I mainly run asphalt stock, but a near future move I may be seeing some carpet.

I am not looking for BS, just looking for opinions from those that have switched to this car.

Anyone really able to feel a difference in the cars style? Has the wider chassis been looked at as a down side? I feel the car is relativly new, and I understand that not that many, to my knowledge, are running it. I have been told not to waste my money, the car will not go anywhere, that it is nothing fantastic.

Basicly thinking out loud, any thoughts? Have you enjoyed the change?

Thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

does anyone know if kyosho has release an alu spur gear holder for the tf5 shaft car? if so, then what is the part # and price like? thanks....
Old 11-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Talking car

Originally Posted by Fervidsea
I have been runing the RDX and racing for the last 6 months and looking for a change of cars. I mainly run asphalt stock, but a near future move I may be seeing some carpet.

I am not looking for BS, just looking for opinions from those that have switched to this car.

Anyone really able to feel a difference in the cars style? Has the wider chassis been looked at as a down side? I feel the car is relativly new, and I understand that not that many, to my knowledge, are running it. I have been told not to waste my money, the car will not go anywhere, that it is nothing fantastic.

Basicly thinking out loud, any thoughts? Have you enjoyed the change?

Thanks
I am happy with mine I wish I had more input but my indoor season starts in a few weeks but to this point I like it I to had a rdx and 415msx ..the thing about kyosho is they don't own 1/2 hte field in mod, and 19 or even stock so u will not hear much till a big name driver gets a car and wins with it ..what i like is the parts are cheep A arms ect give it time and we will see how well it does
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alana07
does anyone know if kyosho has release an alu spur gear holder for the tf5 shaft car? if so, then what is the part # and price like? thanks....
None released yet - none on the list of things to come either. Actually the plastic one works just fine if you use two grub screws and take a little time getting the spur aligned.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

We have been running the Stallion for 2/3 months now(got them from Japan)...used to run a Hara Cyclone...We have 3 stallions...I have been running stock and the other two Mod...The big difference in this car is the book setup works nearly everywhere(on rubbers on tarmac)I tried different springs /rollcenters etc but came back to stock setup.even putting a 3.5 brushless in the stock setup was pretty much on the money.I am not saying this setup will suit everyone but it suited 2 out of the 3 we have.I am impressed ..the parts are cheap but they are pretty strong..not much breaks...the only weak point is the plastic spool...it tends to break in a prang....but it is only $6 to replace...we found Yokomo BD spool sleves fitted over the outdrives and made them a lot stronger.I would recomend the Stallion over most other cars(I have had plenty) But at the end of the day it comes down to your choice
Old 11-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

PS....We have all the above update parts on order....should have them next week...will keep you posted what they are like
Old 11-02-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
None released yet - none on the list of things to come either. Actually the plastic one works just fine if you use two grub screws and take a little time getting the spur aligned.
ok thanks. actually my plastic unit is warped a bit, and after spending much time doing the spur, i gave up. i installed an alu unit from my yokomo sd cm, its a bit heavier than the stock piece but at least its more truer and it doesnt push against the bearing in the motor mount, freeing up the drivetrain even more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.