Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Wow, almost in time for the KO race. So who plans on sporting one for that event?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
you can go to the snowbirdnats web site and see how josh did with that car. I'll give you a hint he ran 1 qualifier and put it away. If you wanna see pics they are on nashracers site in the snowbirds pics you can also see the "home made"Kyosho that Paul Lemieux ran at the Carpet Nats on that site.
hey, i have a "home made" Kyosho. Made it about a month ago.

Haven't driven it yet though. need the Gears [spur & pinion] and then fit em on,
Turn the car & reciever on, and well, GO! lol

I'm lookin forward to this day. just gotta go up to me lhs [fratton hobby shop] and get the gears, then i'm ready to go.

btw, This car has only costed me £45 so far. I want to know how much it will have cost at the end, so can someone please tell me how much the spur gear & pinion gears are?

thanks
Rush evo dude

p.s. btw, if your gonna give me a link to a site where you can buy gears, then can it please be a british site? i'm english thanks!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Wow, almost in time for the KO race. So who plans on sporting one for that event?
YOU DO!!!!! After months of taking, I now your going to head down to Hobby Warehouse and ask Jeff to special order one for you
Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
YOU DO!!!!! After months of taking, I now your going to head down to Hobby Warehouse and ask Jeff to special order one for you

Sorry Tim, not gonna happen. If and when it does, I'm already committed to Sosidge at least he already promised a "tube of lube" to go with it. All Jeff is going to give me is his big foot up my rear while he marks it up another 10% over retail.

Also its about two weeks before the KO race and I still haven't seen any Kyosho backed "pros" warming up at SoCal with their new factory rides. Whats up with that?

Even Rick Howart was out there today with his new AE Area 51 car running pro mod. Won't your boys be running mod as well, Tim?

On another note, have you seen 5thscale? He's gone missing for a month.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TF 5 Shaft Drive

Anybody running the TF-5 SD? Looking for something for Stock on Carpet.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

A few of us on the thread have them, although I haven't run mine on carpet.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Any feedback on the TF5 SD? Or is everyone looking to get the Stallion? Many running Stock on carpet.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

we'll have the shaft car on the rug tonight, or friday, for the first time at The Gate. new carpet, and new subfloor. it should be just like cleveland in a week or two when we groove it up nicely.

i already know we plan on gluing two topdecks together before it sees a pack. i think it will be real good for this application. the car should build up fairly light, and there's still pleny of room the lighten it as the center shaft is solid, and the screws are steel.

i'll let you know what more i find out when it's together in race trim.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
we'll have the shaft car on the rug tonight, or friday, for the first time at The Gate. new carpet, and new subfloor. it should be just like cleveland in a week or two when we groove it up nicely.

i already know we plan on gluing two topdecks together before it sees a pack. i think it will be real good for this application. the car should build up fairly light, and there's still pleny of room the lighten it as the center shaft is solid, and the screws are steel.

i'll let you know what more i find out when it's together in race trim.
seaball-I bought a whole crap load of metric Ti screws last month , but negelcted to ask if they were socket head or phylips (sp?)....well they are phylips head. Let me know if you or AB want to buy them to use on the Kyosho.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

How's the durability on TF-5 SD?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah, i dunno. phillips suck real bad. i have some sweet black oxide stainless screws from a year ago when i neglected to ask the same thing. aaron may want to use them since he's used to phillips on his gas stuff. i'll let you know.

as far as durability goes, i can't test that. i have only hit one board so far in 2006. nah, i'm not that confident that it's going to be real strong. from inspection, the plastic seems ultra hard for the steering hubs and castor blocks. super hard tends to mean brittle, but not always. additionally, the hubs seem shallow where the kingpin goes in. maybe a few threads deeper would be proper. who knows yet. it's all speculation so far.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info. I will look for your race report.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
yeah, i dunno. phillips suck real bad. i have some sweet black oxide stainless screws from a year ago when i neglected to ask the same thing. aaron may want to use them since he's used to phillips on his gas stuff. i'll let you know.

as far as durability goes, i can't test that. i have only hit one board so far in 2006. nah, i'm not that confident that it's going to be real strong. from inspection, the plastic seems ultra hard for the steering hubs and castor blocks. super hard tends to mean brittle, but not always. additionally, the hubs seem shallow where the kingpin goes in. maybe a few threads deeper would be proper. who knows yet. it's all speculation so far.

Right on!! Stormy weather baby!!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XrayEye
How's the durability on TF-5 SD?
All I've broken are a couple of spool outdrives (then again, spools always cause wear/damage to the car - I've switched to a diff now for club racing durability).

I don't really crash much though so haven't tested the strength to the limit!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

THEY(BELTY) ARE SHIPPING IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.