Search

Gm Sx12 Esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by Turtlemaster
jaybee, beee eeeee uuu ta ful day, heading up to renton in a minute, you going
I might be able to. I've got some pesky ant control people coming out today. We'll see. Gary opens at 12noon, why are you heading out so early... -JB
Old 05-21-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GM ESC'S

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Better get the LCG first...Steve only has a couple left....
The BD will be in stock from now on...
And yes I like the RDX, one of my race buds has one...Very smooth....But Really it is all driver...All these new cars can win and win big....I saw everthing this year win....Xray Corally Yokomo Losi AE...You name it it has won something...Bet RROC winner will sell five hundred kits for sure...LOL
Stephen <><
Gotta wait till next week, it doesn't bother me not to be one of the first people to have one -JB
Old 05-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

because garys track is in olympia, and debbies is in renton, call me now, i have good news. and its not about insurance
Old 05-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
because garys track is in olympia, and debbies is in renton, call me now, i have good news. and its not about insurance
ROF DYING
Old 05-21-2005, 03:45 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Default GM SX12

I got one of these things (SX12) to just so I can save an extra ounce for a spec class cause there is no weight limit and we are limited on power due to black can motors and spec packs. I like it cause it's small and light, but kind of overpriced relative to other flagship speedos. Soldering is going to be a pain for most people. The other thumbs down is it doesn't feel robust physically. That sticker covering the case and switch.. em... feels so cheap! I didn't bother messing with the setup; I just used the default one. Still works and feels no better nor worse than any other top of the line speedo. I tried the speedo with a P2K2 stock motor(not race prepped, but decent speed) on a high traction asphalt onroad track only thing I think I might want to change is the brakes. Speedo got warm with a 19T race motor.

However, I do have one issue where I felt as though theres something wrong with the power being fed to the receiver on 2 occasions. Once I saw my servo turn to one side for several seconds after turning on the power, before centering(like it suppose to instantly the power is on). Looks as if I put in a dead battery? The other time it did it on me while my car was in motion, completely no control except for forward full speed ahead, expensive damage to my car. My TX, RX, servos are all TOP OF THE LINE (makes sense, considering I am using the most expensive speedo as well!). Anyone else seen or had issues with the BEC?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Please post Gm's websight for the download.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

www.gm-racing.de
it is in german so go to a translator
Old 05-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a problematic V12 and I'm thinking to send it back to GM and get a SX12W.

Any comments on this esc? Apart the heat sink is there any other difference with the SX12? Is it real water proof or is it like LRP's Q2

Thank you

Nick
Old 05-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

The SX12W 2838 is waterproof. The SX12 2838.H isn't.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Shop Owner

Have you tested it? Is it like the LRP or the Mtronics and MRT escs? (the later are true water proof escs while the first is prone to burn when near water!! good thing is lifetime warranty)

Nick
Old 05-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, we raced the SX12W at the touring car Euros 2004 in rain and also 1 1/2 weeks ago on saturday it rained "dogs".
No problems with the speedo yet.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Shop Owner

Ok then. I was at the Euros and saw the number of burned LRPs that's why I'm so sceptic!

I'll take your word then and buy the SX12W!!

Does GM have same policy of free exchange when a esc get fried from water?

Nick
Old 05-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

GM-Racing has a little different warranty. But if it breaks because of water during the warranty time, it will be exchanged.
Not if you did use wrong polarity, no schottky diode or no power capacitor.

P.S. I never saw a SX12W which broke because of water.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Shop Owner

I recently found out, the hard way, that when running modified we should never use the esc settings for stock racing!

Apparently the reason is that the esc works like on/off switch and can't handle the power the motor needs!!

My keyence's fet are blown, and this is the case for some other friends (LRP, GM esc)

Any comments?

Nick
Old 05-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nnick
I recently found out, the hard way, that when running modified we should never use the esc settings for stock racing!

Apparently the reason is that the esc works like on/off switch and can't handle the power the motor needs!!

My keyence's fet are blown, and this is the case for some other friends (LRP, GM esc)

Any comments?

Nick
Yea I noticed the same thing. Once....I noticed it right away that my 11T was lagging....Then I relised that I had the ESC set for only a 75amp max so the 11T didn't have enough power...AMP Draw almost fried the SX12 glad i got it figured before any damage was done. Also the break % is probably the best feature in this speed control...I like being able to adjust for that at different tracks on different days...
that and the turbo is great.
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.