Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Problems with HPI Nitro MT2 >

Problems with HPI Nitro MT2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with HPI Nitro MT2

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problems with HPI Nitro MT2

OK for some reason my nitro mt2 keeps dying on me. I can fill the tank run it and it will cut off at a half a tank, when it cuts off it gives no sign just stops. It takes about 5 minutes to get it started again and when it starts it will run til it gets to a quarter of a tank and die again, again no sign just stops. Takes 5-10 minutes to get it to fire back up. it will then run til the tank is empty giving signs that it is out of fuel. Now i have checked everything i can think of, the temps that i am runnin are in the 240-260 range. 268 is the highest it has been when it dies. Now here are my concerns, the tip of the pipe is broken off, will this affect it? The truck is only a month old. During break in i ran 1 tank at idle and 1 tank giving it very little amounts of throttle, i then started to lean it out and i hit a mailbox and broke the right front wheel off. truck sat for 3 weeks waiting on the parts. I have completely dissasembled the engine and its perfect. i dont know what to do what is wrong. Also when i am trying to start it i notice that when i cover the exhaust it shoots fuel to the carb and when i let off the exhaust it seems like its trying to backflow back into the tank. WTF??
Old 04-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First things first. Change your plug with a new one. Get it fired up and up to temp. Do a pinch test. Pinch test is pinching off the fuel on the fuel line about 2-3 inches away from the carb. Count the amount of seconds it takes for the engine to shut off. Anything sooner than 3 seconds is to lean. Richen the lower end needle. Anything more than five seconds is to rich. Lean the lower needle.

If changing low end needle does nothing, look for an air leak.