Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger to buy Associated

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

All i can say:
Grow up and learn that the world is so much more than the USA... By reading some of you people's posts i can see you haven't really got that already..
Old 04-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Well.... I'd hope that a citizen of any country would be proud and concerned about the country they live in.

I don't agree with some of the comments made on this thread so far, but I think what the US is doing right now is bad business in the long haul.

How does that infer that I am not grown up, or that I don't realize that the USA is only part of the world?

Mike
Old 04-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SCML,
i think you have a very good grasp on what is going on here.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SCML
Well.... I'd hope that a citizen of any country would be proud and concerned about the country they live in.

I don't agree with some of the comments made on this thread so far, but I think what the US is doing right now is bad business in the long haul.

How does that infer that I am not grown up, or that I don't realize that the USA is only part of the world?

Mike
Look at it from this angle. all hypothetical:

TTR makes many of the current AE RTRs. TTR is making money AE is making money. R&D is AE industrial TTR. TTR Buys AE and now makes more money and leaves the current structure in place. What changes? Nothing. TTR makes more money.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sparx
All i can say:
Grow up and learn that the world is so much more than the USA... By reading some of you people's posts i can see you haven't really got that already..
Im not Anti nor am i pro about anything but quotes like that are just damn right stupid...I mean look around you....This is a predominent US site with lots of yanks in it and you come up with something as inflamatory as that?....LMAO......you may be an idealist but in the real world its better to be a realist, i mean that as here and now in this rc chat forum ... Ohh and im in euroland
Old 04-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by protc3
i wish that you guys could see what shops in the US are up against when it comes to manufacturing against asian countries.i am in the business and have had to quote on parts that were also out for quote in china.the price they came in with was cheaper than i can buy the material for.there are talented machinists and moldmakers all over the world.what dictates quality is profit.if a US company is to make a mold for lets say,tranny housings for AE.they are bidding against other countries and businesses that literally cost nothing to run.goverment supplies them with everything.workers live in the upstairs of the factory and can live off of 25cents an hour.do you realize the average salary of a mold maker or tool and die maker is about $1.50 an hour in china.this is a very skilled person.these people are just as skilled as the people here making 60-70 g a year.the US cannot compete.unfortunately we have companies in the US that take advantage of this.they farm out all of there work over seas and destroy manufacturing in the US.other countries are not to blame,the greed of our own companies seem to be at the root of the problem.
Well that's when you're comparing what people make here and overseas. $1.50 hour is worth more over there. That's like make 100K a year, lol.

Also, the USA is the center of the universe. Anybody here that has a problem with that please tell your countries to stop accepting loans and aid from the US.
Tech Fanatic

Well, when almost every molded part on the TC4 and more cars has been made by TT for probably many years i wouldn't bitch that much about the "American Spirit is gone"
I don't really say you do that SCML but many on here does exactly that..

I'm leaving this conversation now.. This "buying" will probably do good for AE.
BUT, They will probably loose more than half of the "patriotic" American racers who just can't stand a Taiwanese made Associated car
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Greed? American companies must produce there products under some very strict safety and environmental laws. Its not a level playing field. I really can't imagine trying to compete with overseas companies. I hope we don't lose all are manufacturing jobs here, us blue collar guys buy alot of the products we used to make.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by DerekB
TTR makes more money.
Well something changed didn't it. Where did that "more money" go before TTR made it?

I'm not a US loyalist to the nth degree. I think we make crap cars (full size), and our society is lazy and fat, <edit/on> and we have a "what do I get?" attitude <edit/off>. I still care, and I think at some point, we need to wake up to what is happening to our businesses.

Mike

PS Nice mold protc3

Last edited by SCML; 04-08-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

what difference does it makes if a us based company is owned by a asian based company? the only thing i`m looking for is a high quality product. personally i think that the quality of the products will be higher, or the same as now.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you are missing the point.$1.50 is not good money over there.the point is that the cost of doing business over there is much less and that is why we cant compete.quality work here is more expensive than over there.i dont car who makes the cars.this is just another company selling out there own people.all you are thinking about is the cars.that is not who i am feeling for.i feel for the people who will loose there jobs while some fat cat counts his pennies.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Well something changed didn't it. Where did that "more money" go before TTR made it?

I'm not a US loyalist to the nth degree. I think we make crap cars (full size), and our society is lazy and fat. I still care, and I think at some point, we need to wake up to what is happening to our businesses.

Mike

PS Nice mold protc3

More isn't being made, it was being split more than once. TTR just increased it's profit margins. AE will be the same. So nothings really changed other than the money changes hands less, which should lower prices if they want.

Nobody seems to mind that all their Japanese cars are made in the USa but owned by Asian companies?

Every American that complains the US is fat and lazy needs to do more than complain about it.

I'm betting that if the information was never made public that nobody would have ever seen a difference. Why not see what happens.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

See Sparx?...Thanks to your comment this is what you get slapped in your face and to the rest of the world:

Also, the USA is the center of the universe. Anybody here that has a problem with that please tell your countries to stop accepting loans and aid from the US.
As much as people hate that about Americans, Its just basically true.

Anyways getting back to the topic. I think this panic about how the american industry might sell its soul to the world is a little overkill. America is too big a nation and is very patriotic to let herself be sold out litterily. I dont think it will all go as some might predict. However, in the UK story is a little different, almost or maybe all its industries have all but gone and died too, one by one they all did, where all the manufacturing went overseas and its left the country more or less high and dry. It may or may not happen to the American market and like i said, you have a rather large market and so i think if it ever makes a decline it wont be as steep or sudden as the UK market did..
Old 04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Missing the point Derek, more money isn't being made, but more money is being made by TT, which doesn't end up being spent in the USA.

Funny about import cars. Seems we have lots of factories here in the US for other manufacturers, but do we make American cars in Germany, Japan, Poland? Hmmmm.... we do make them in Mexico! (but not many are sold there...)

I don't care about AE specifically, just the example, which is more the norm than the exception in the last 15 years.

Mike
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Missing the point Derek, more money isn't being made, but more money is being made by TT, which doesn't end up being spent in the USA.

Funny about import cars. Seems we have lots of factories here in the US for other manufacturers, but do we make American cars in Germany, Japan, Poland? Hmmmm.... we do make them in Mexico! (but not many are sold there...)

I don't care about AE specifically, just the example, which is more the norm than the exception in the last 15 years.

Mike
I'd find it hard to beleive that TTR would ruin years of AE marketing and brand image. It's much harder to build rep than ruin it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.