Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 Help Me (See photo!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I was going to say, try putting your cvd in the cup.......
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

RTFM - http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...ft_manual2.pdf

And totally confused by your photos. As others have said put the hinge pin in and have the dog bone in place. Then make the camber link fit with your desired rod end locations (looks like you are currently in the stock positions). For the locations you have the balls there your link should be 3.59" when measured to the center of the cups.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
RTFM - http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...ft_manual2.pdf

And totally confused by your photos. As others have said put the hinge pin in and have the dog bone in place. Then make the camber link fit with your desired rod end locations (looks like you are currently in the stock positions). For the locations you have the balls there your link should be 3.59" when measured to the center of the cups.
Thanks!
And to answer the other guy - I know. As I've stated, I have no idea what I'm doing. This is my first RC and I'm just figuring things out here. Give me a break

Another idiot question:
Why is it that now I have these set, that my rear tires spin in opposite directions?? Is that how it's supposed to be? I haven't turned it on, but say if I rotate my left rear tire forward, my right rear tire moves backward.

Last edited by ca3l; 12-06-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That is simply your differential working like it's supposed to
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Ahhh I remember when I was a noob. NO offence. Wish there would have been something like rctech back in the day to have helped me with questions I had. Its almost like having a big brother to help you out. Ya I didn't have one of those either.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alright, everything is back together as it should be, but the tires look like they're turned in too much. What do you guys think? And what can I do to fix this?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 Help Me (See photo!)-img_0390.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ca3l
Alright, everything is back together as it should be, but the tires look like they're turned in too much. What do you guys think? And what can I do to fix this?
Thanks.
Hey man, do you mean "turned in" as in the front portion of the rear tires are pointing into the chassis? That's called Toe-In (Toe-Out if they are pointing outwards). It's actually a good thing for your SC10. It helps to stabilize the SC10's rear end when you gun it since both sides will want to go towards the center, and if both are doing it, it'll cancel out and help the SC10 straighten itself out when you throttle out of a turn and trying to straighten up.

Stock SC10 (mine started off as the non Factory Team version) came with 0 degrees for the rear, which made the truck very unstable. I actually had to ADD some toe-in on the rear by using some aftermarket offset hubs for the rear.

Don't worry about it. If you have a track nearby, you should visit it, and just browse other people's cars. You'll see that most, if not all the cars there, would have some degree of toe-in on the rear.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RC. I think it's great you're asking these questions, learning about the physics of these cars is part of the fun!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I found this insightful site that explains it quite well. It's particular to RC Cars so it's a good read:

http://crcc.org.uk/rc-technical.php

Check it out, many times, I have to revisit information like these because I sometimes need to be reminded of these principles...
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I found this insightful site that explains it quite well. It's particular to RC Cars so it's a good read:

http://crcc.org.uk/rc-technical.php

Check it out, many times, I have to revisit information like these because I sometimes need to be reminded of these principles...
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help and support.. Makes things so much easier! And thanks for the link
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

I would advise you to buy a camber guage. Looks as though your camber isnt even across both sides. With this guage you can set both evenly and correctly.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by novice racer
I would advise you to buy a camber guage. Looks as though your camber isnt even across both sides. With this guage you can set both evenly and correctly.
What do you mean by "your camber isnt even across both sides"?
I know that it needs some work, and I'm not going to run it until it's fixed so no big deal.. But I think what I want to do is get the right side (pictured on the left) to match the left side (pictured right). At the moment, I think that the right side is too square and not toe-in.. Plus I need to fix it so the camber is even? Is that right?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ca3l
Thanks!
And to answer the other guy - I know. As I've stated, I have no idea what I'm doing. This is my first RC and I'm just figuring things out here. Give me a break

Another idiot question:
Why is it that now I have these set, that my rear tires spin in opposite directions?? Is that how it's supposed to be? I haven't turned it on, but say if I rotate my left rear tire forward, my right rear tire moves backward.
it's the diff doing it's job....
Your'e no idiot just a KNOB.. ooops I meant noob.
Seriously, you'll get it just takes time. Try to find a local friend or shop, lots of the stuff you are learning can be shown to you in a couple bashing sessions.
Im the meantime, memorize the manual, take lots of notes and...
Read a lot of threads... learn to use the search function... post in the proper threads for the most help ( use the SC10 thread).
MOST OF ALL.... welcome and have fun.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

the camber ( search the web , read ) is the tire leaning in or out.
You want your tires almost straight up and down (0 camber) ,
the MANUAL probably has a setting with the tires leaning in slightly at the top.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by asc6000
the camber ( search the web , read ) is the tire leaning in or out.
You want your tires almost straight up and down (0 camber) ,
the MANUAL probably has a setting with the tires leaning in slightly at the top.
Yeah, I've been (searching the web, reading) reading the MANUAL, but thanks.
Not necessarily pointed at you, but at some others.. Why be rude? If you don't like a beginner posting in an RC forum then you probably don't belong here. Nobody is forcing you to post on this thread.. There are plenty of more advanced threads out there.
I realize my first question was really stupid, especially to those of you who seem to have forgotten where you were when you first started in RC, but I realized my mistake and I fixed it.
I appreciate all the help from those of you helping.