Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 09-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 37T Pulleys

Lots of little advantages like the belt turns less sharply which makes the drivetrain more efficient(good for stock), more teeth are touching so easier on belts and theres small groves that let the dirt and grit escape.

Youll probably have to go to 18T centers and the R belts as you wont have enough adjustment with the 16T centers and standard belts. One tooth more on the pulleys needs about another 2-3 tooth on the belt cause of the increased diameter. And you have to cut the bulkheads slightly.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lees52
Lots of little advantages like the belt turns less sharply which makes the drivetrain more efficient(good for stock), more teeth are touching so easier on belts and theres small groves that let the dirt and grit escape.

Youll probably have to go to 18T centers and the R belts as you wont have enough adjustment with the 16T centers and standard belts. One tooth more on the pulleys needs about another 2-3 tooth on the belt cause of the increased diameter. And you have to cut the bulkheads slightly.
thanks for the reply. . . can you give details on what part of the bulkheads i need to cut?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was wrong, its just the bottom of the chassis you need remove some material to stop the belt from rubbing.

Check it out on page 4 of the IFS-R manual.

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download...ta05_ifs_r.pdf
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Picked up two of these used for my son and I.

First where do you recommend for Tamiys parts at a reasonable price?

I was wanting to get hex head screw set, but all I see offered is a TI set which cost way more than I wanted. Does Tamiya offer a normal set of Hex Heads?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
I get all my TA05 parts at speedtechrc.com
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stitchy
I get all my TA05 parts at speedtechrc.com
Thanks for the link, honestly at those prices; I'll wait the week or two from Japan.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
Picked up two of these used for my son and I.

I was wanting to get hex head screw set, but all I see offered is a TI set which cost way more than I wanted. Does Tamiya offer a normal set of Hex Heads?
I use these two places mainly...

RC Mart - www.rcmart.com
RC Mushroom - www.rc-mushroom.com

Reliable, good prices and the websites are in English

-Mark
Old 09-24-2008, 12:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

rcmushroom is pretty good, only downside is they won't ship to a PO box if you have one.

RcMart is ok, but processing time can get to nearly a week from time of order to when they find a mail box.

IMO rc-champ is losing it's place as the cheapest Tamiya bits place, the prices are creeping up and he has a huge paypal fee. Email replies are becoming slow as well.

Also consider stellamodels.net or vellrip on Ebay.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:56 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RC Mart takes longer when you use a direct debit via PayPal as the $$ has to first clear to PayPal and then to RC Mart.
Its only when they have your $$ that they pick/pack the order.
For me it takes about 2-3 working days for this part to happen and anywhere up to another 7 days for the order to be delivered.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus
rcmushroom is pretty good, only downside is they won't ship to a PO box if you have one.

RcMart is ok, but processing time can get to nearly a week from time of order to when they find a mail box.

IMO rc-champ is losing it's place as the cheapest Tamiya bits place, the prices are creeping up and he has a huge paypal fee. Email replies are becoming slow as well.

Also consider stellamodels.net or vellrip on Ebay.
Maybe things have changed, mushroom ship to my po box.
I never had to verify this, however I did have orders shipped to my residential. I then added the po box after having successfully recieving orders.
I've since set the po box as my primary, and they go to that automatically.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Another question, mine is a TA05R version

When I look up suspension arms, the Tamiya site says they're the same as the TB EVOIV.

Is that true, according to the web site the 'R' came with the Light reversable suspension kits. The EVO makes no mention of this.

They have the same shape, but the EVOs are shiny plastic, but mine are the dull plastic like the other carbon plastic pieces.

Thanks for any insight
Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my IFSR came with short reversible arms.. same with the 416.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz
In any event, I present to you, the TEAM SIRO Subaru Legacy, and MazdaSpeed 6:
Hey Paulie and others,

Do you guys cut out the slots in the wing on your Speed6s? I see many photos (including those at the Euros '08) of the wing slots NOT cut, and was just wondering...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Tech Champion

can anyone tell me if the inner hinge pins of a trf415msxx will fit the regular ta05? I dont really want to strip the cars down to find out lol

thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stocker
Hey Paulie and others,

Do you guys cut out the slots in the wing on your Speed6s? I see many photos (including those at the Euros '08) of the wing slots NOT cut, and was just wondering...
No Sir, I leave the wing uncut. I wonder what it would handle like if it was cut though...may have to try that one of these times, he he he.

Actually though, I switched to the Tamiya Legacy B4, as I think it's a bit more streamlined and felt it's top speed was slightly better as well.

I'll be using the B4 exclusively for the upcoming season...

...and that's not the only thing I changed for next seasion.

I actually ended up selling both of my TA05-R's this week. I did back to back testing with a Tamiya TB03, and my initial thoughts were confirmed with hard data...I'm faster with shaft drive.

I've been racing the TA05-R's for 6 months in two different classes, but in just one session with the Tamiya TB03, I beat my TA05 lap times after only driving it less than an hour (I started touring car racing a long time ago with a TC3, so I guess I'm just used to shaft drive).

This season, I'll run the TB03 in the GT Tune class, and I just got the brand new TB Evolution 5 MS for the 23T class.

- Paulie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.