Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TA05R coming !
What time TA05 TRF
Old 03-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rick I will be there Thursday in the PM and Friday from about 1-2 on. Let me take a look at the car to see what we can do.

Dan
Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tainen
reading through the thread, didn't find much of any conclusive info, so I'll post here for more specific talk about this problem:

Running a mostly stock TA05, just has universals up front, and aluminum diff halves up front (kept breaking stuff up there).

I just put on Tamiya B3 tires, medium inserts, new Tamiya porsche carerra body, carbon fiber wing, to get ready for the TCS race this weekend.

Well, when taking right turns, the car either does one of two things:

Really has a hard time turning, takes the turn wide OR
turns really sharp, and spins out. I can sometimes control this by counter-steering the oversteer and getting a half a foot drift and keep going.

I need to solve this by the race, its really hurting my lap times.

When I try to look at tweak by lifting the car up with a hobby knife on both sides, its pretty close. I set my camber to 2 deg in the front, 1 deg in the rear. At first I thought it was some glue on the tire, but all of that is now worn off and its still doing it.

Troy recommended making the rear lateral link longer by bumping it farther out one hole on the diff cover to help solve it. Any other ideas? I don't think I'll be able to practice with the car again on the track until race day, unfortunately, so anything I can check/do at home would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Rick
Check you steering EPA...make sure that you have equal left to right steering throw. Than go back set your Sub trim......Your linkage or toe out must be even first. That is not the best body to run even with the wing....but you can make it work. Most tub chassis are not flat......so you will notice maybe 2mm of difference in your preload that is normal anything more and you will have to use some serious driving skillz for one side will be stiffer. Lastly make sure you droop is even left to right do not adjust this for tweak.....your car will not turn the same left to right and or your shock ends should not be off more than 1mm from side to side. If all else fail make sure a hinge pin is not rubbing in the hubs and the biggy check your ball bearings...one bad bearing can hender the full performance of the car. Out of all my kits I like the Ta05 The best!

Good Luck at The TCS
Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello to all the TA05 experts, I'm hoping you can help me out with my TA05. I bought one used off of ebay and it had a few hopups on it:

Titanium turnbuckles
Special blue shocks
Center oneway
Front oneway
Blue screws
Blue aluminum hex wheel nuts

I'm planning on running this car at the Tamiya track in Aliso Vejo, and wanted to switch the center oneway back to the default setting, but I don't know what parts I need to get.

I'd like to get some hop ups for this car, but I can't seem to find in the parts at the local hobby stores (ultimate hobbies, speedtech), so what mail order places do you know where I can get upgrade parts for this car? I'd like to get the following items:

Front spool
F/R carbon shock tower
F/R sway bar kit
Racing spring kit

Also, what other upgrades should I consider getting to improve speed/durability?

So far, I like this car; it's seems to have pretty good potential.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

reading through the thread, didn't find much of any conclusive info, so I'll post here for more specific talk about this problem:

Running a mostly stock TA05, just has universals up front, and aluminum diff halves up front (kept breaking stuff up there).

I just put on Tamiya B3 tires, medium inserts, new Tamiya porsche carerra body, carbon fiber wing, to get ready for the TCS race this weekend.

turns really sharp, and spins out. I can sometimes control this by counter-steering the oversteer and getting a half a foot drift and keep going.

When I try to look at tweak by lifting the car up with a hobby knife on both sides, its pretty close. I set my camber to 2 deg in the front, 1 deg in the rear. At first I thought it was some glue on the tire, but all of that is now worn off and its still doing it.

Troy recommended making the rear lateral link longer by bumping it farther out one hole on the diff cover to help solve it. Any other ideas? I don't think I'll be able to practice with the car again on the track until race day, unfortunately, so anything I can check/do at home would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Rick
I'd make sure the droop was good and check to make sure you haven't lost the bead on one or more of your tires. When I had a similar problem it was solved by simply re-glueing the tires.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks,

Rick
When Ive had similar problems I would eventually find a screw loose somewhere. Also might want to make sure the servo saver hasnt gone bad.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks,

Rick
First thing I would do is give the car a good once over. Then have someone else have a look at it(doesn't have to be another TA05 owner). You'd be surprised how often someone else will find a oddity with your car that you just don't see. I should know, I've done this to other peoples cars quite often while looking at them.

If everything checks out, then your next step is to make sure the droop is equal to both sides. The droop dramatically effects this car. And if its slightly off, it really plays games with the steering on the car.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Troy recommended making the rear lateral link longer by bumping it farther out one hole on the diff cover to help solve it. Any other ideas? .

Rick Making the link longer
the car become more stable and less rear traction ( less side bite)
Old 03-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy TWEEEEEEKED???!!!****

To me it sounds like something is tweeked, meaning something might be bent or broken. Check hinge pins inside and out, shock end connectors,anything binding the suspension. I think you said the chassis isn't new! Right? It wouldn't hurt to check the servo saver and the servo itself. You did say you had universals in the front but not in the rear so those stock dogbones could be hanging up slightly, check for unusual signs of wear around the outdrives!
Everything that was said prior to me also is valid information! I guess you have your work cut out for you! Huh!
Hope this helps! Just my 2$
Old 03-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edlan
Hello to all the TA05 experts, I'm hoping you can help me out with my TA05. I bought one used off of ebay and it had a few hopups on it:

Titanium turnbuckles
Special blue shocks
Center oneway
Front oneway
Blue screws
Blue aluminum hex wheel nuts

I'm planning on running this car at the Tamiya track in Aliso Vejo, and wanted to switch the center oneway back to the default setting, but I don't know what parts I need to get.

I'd like to get some hop ups for this car, but I can't seem to find in the parts at the local hobby stores (ultimate hobbies, speedtech), so what mail order places do you know where I can get upgrade parts for this car? I'd like to get the following items:

Front spool
F/R carbon shock tower
F/R sway bar kit
Racing spring kit

Also, what other upgrades should I consider getting to improve speed/durability?

So far, I like this car; it's seems to have pretty good potential.
Seems to me that everything you mentioned that you need should be for available at SpeedtechRC! If it's not in stock I'm sure it will be soon!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Hingepins bend, and it's not immediately apparent, last major handling issue I had was put down to one of those.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

I saw an 05R on ebay yesterday...the guy wants $360 US for it. LOL...
Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Even though most of us already have our TA05's where we want them hop up wise, there does seem to be a few people left who are still interested in the 05R, but aint no way they're going to pay $360 US for it! Hell, I don't even have that much $$$ into my TA05, and it has a lot more on it than a 05R.

That guy might wanna reconsider that price.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Even though most of us already have our TA05's where we want them hop up wise, there does seem to be a few people left who are still interested in the 05R, but aint no way they're going to pay $360 US for it! Hell, I don't even have that much $$$ into my TA05, and it has a lot more on it than a 05R.

That guy might wanna reconsider that price.

Good point, for someone wanting to get into the 05, yeah the 05R is a good choice, but for those of us already with an 05, too late! We've hopped it up already! Only hop up I'm missing is the LW Suspension (Asphalt track, harsh turns with limestone walls, it's a durability thing) and the alloy side brace (Now thats just blatent bling!)
Old 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

In the UK, £163 for a TA05R, Cyclone S is £155, so for anyone looking at a club car, or a decent tourer, they are on a winner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.