Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

i do not remember, i'll have to stumble upon it when i read it in the bathroom but yeah nice job. Congratz, u goin to laurel race next year?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Cutwo,

The only parts I had to replace in 8 month are these two:

TAM50867 Tamiya Front Upright for TA04 – I had to replace these a few times (in 8 month) due to destruction of the bottom thread after some number of hard hits.
TAM50985 C-Hub (original) – so far I had to replace one time left and right. One of them broke in two and the other one cracked a little bit.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

I seem to not having any luck finding any useful post with description of advantages of the Reversible LW Suspension Kit besides the general info (which is reduction of weight and more adjusting options). The only specific info I found is that I would reduce weight by 28g.
If somebody can tell me more about this Hop-Up and his experience in switching from the original or can help me find posts with this kind info, I would real appreciate.
Also I’m interested in the set up (for any track, but for high traction asphalt would be even more useful)
Old 12-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
i do not remember, i'll have to stumble upon it when i read it in the bathroom but yeah nice job. Congratz, u goin to laurel race next year?
Ahhh, left it in "the library" I see. Laurel is a bit far for this So Cal guy plus business travel puts me out of the office that weekend. I will be at Seattle and Alieso for the regionals and of course, the Nationals.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Viat
I seem to not having any luck finding any useful post with description of advantages of the Reversible LW Suspension Kit besides the general info (which is reduction of weight and more adjusting options). The only specific info I found is that I would reduce weight by 28g.
If somebody can tell me more about this Hop-Up and his experience in switching from the original or can help me find posts with this kind info, I would real appreciate.
Also I’m interested in the set up (for any track, but for high traction asphalt would be even more useful)
The main benefit for the LWS is the lighter weight, thus is quicker in turns. However, being lighter also means less material is used, and combined with the smaller bearings, it isn't as durable as the original suspension. I haven't broken anything yet, but if you still hit the walls a few times, you'll be looking for a new set of C-hubs or arms, especially fronts.

Also, if you plan on running foams, stick with the regular suspension as the lightweight set won't fit foams in the front without a few parts from other companies. I use the regular suspension in the front, and the LWS in the rear, as the rear takes fewer hits and fit foams fine. Plus, the aluminum rear uprights that you can use are just darn cool.

If you're using dogbones, you'll have to switch to universals, 48mm is recommended unless you use shorter blocks (XD-XA), where 46mm will be fine.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

So you are saying that the only real advantage is weight?
Is there any cornering advantage (from using additional different set-up options), besides the less amount of weight?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, that's pretty well it.. the shock positions and the sway bar hookups run the same way as the standard suspension.. it's mainly the weight and its advantages.. but then again, 28g out of a typical 1450g machine is less than 2% off the total.. many stick to the standard suspension, even with their MSX's. Some prefer to finish a race than shave a few tenths and break in the race, but for those who can keep off the boards, however little the difference is, they can take advantage of it..
Old 12-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there any cornering advantage (from using additional different set-up options), besides the less amount of weight?
The LW suspension also has the pivots points further out on the arms. This allows the car to roll a little more in the corners. It's a better suspension for rubber tires on asphalt. If you run carpet, stick with the stock suspension or the get the LW reverisble suspension and switch to the short TB Evo 5 arms. Another advantage of the LW suspension is a lower CG. The knuckles don't sit as high as the stock ones do.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default No longer TCS legal

Finally upgraded!!!!!!!! I've owned my 3 racing chassis for about a month and just finally hooked it up. I'm no longer tcs legal hehe. I've never raced in one before so I guess it doesn't matter. I wish there were more races on other days than Sunday's. Am I the only church going racer who tries their best not to race on Sunday?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Umm i busted a front hub/upright, the thingy u put the bearings in. And it was the new kind, does any1 know where i can order the new hubs from?? Cus ive only seen the old ones.

Thanks,

Juan
Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

"the thingy u put the bearings in" would be the steering knuckle.

I wasn't aware that there was a "new" kind. Has there been some changes to the TA05 suspension that I missed.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

i dont know, i have 2 different kinds of knuckles for the TA-05
Old 12-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

lighter suspension is not only less static weight on the car... it also means you will have less unsprung weight which will improve the handling of the car.
if you read some of the setup tips available, or do a google search it will explain it all much better than i could. i think wiki has a good explanation too.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
i dont know, i have 2 different kinds of knuckles for the TA-05
if by "new" you mean from the lightweight suspension then these are for you: "new" steering hubs

if you mean the carbon steering hubs that fit the original kit suspension then you want these: original steering hubs in carbon

you don't want the original kit replacements, but here they are here anyway: don't get these
Old 12-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hey!!! Thanks Quantum, those first ones are it!! They are from the TRF cars. I just realized that today. Any idea when speedtech will be back in stock??

Thanks,

Juan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.