Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

HEy fellow TA-05ers,

Im getting 1 blue aramid belt, is it better to place it in the front or rear? I'm also using the stock belt.

One last thing, i have a Novak XXl, and i will be getting a JR radio, can i use my receiver with it or do i have to use the one that comes with the radio?
(for tight spacing the XXL fits snug in the '05.

Thanks,

Juan
Old 12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Exclamation

To all those who I gave my set-up to, I found a mistake on the setting sheet. The inner front-upper arm spacer on the sheet should say 1mm, not 4mm....sorry guys
Old 12-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
HEy fellow TA-05ers,

Im getting 1 blue aramid belt, is it better to place it in the front or rear? I'm also using the stock belt.

One last thing, i have a Novak XXl, and i will be getting a JR radio, can i use my receiver with it or do i have to use the one that comes with the radio?
(for tight spacing the XXL fits snug in the '05.

Thanks,

Juan
you can use the novak xxl receiver with your JR radio just be sure that whatever crystal you are using with your receiver should be the same with your radio transmitter
Old 12-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone else here found that the 5x8mm hex head alum. ball connector is pretty much useless?

I bought some for my car, but then quickly realised that they are so long that they limit what holes on the inner camber link you can use without having the ball connector hit the diff outdrives. But I figured, no biggy, I don't use any of the holes over the outdrives on the rear of the car, and up front, the stock spacers up front are tall enough that the ball connector wont interfer with the outdrive.

Well, then I found out a couple races ago, that the ball connectors don't reach far enough through the front spacers to securely mount in the camber link holes! And as soon as you tap something with the front wheels, the ball connectors starts to pull out of the hole.

So they're too long to give much adjustment options in the back(leaving you only the two front holes to work with), and too short to mount securely into the front with the tall spacers.

About the only thing they do have going for them is the built in hex head.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

I have a TA05 with 3-racing chassis conversion, carbon shock towers and trf shocks. Was wondering if anyone has a setup for a similar car on foams on carpet?

Will be running a Checkpoint money 19 turn motor - any gearing tips would be good too, quite a tight indoor track.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Could anyone tell me what size 64dp spurs and pinions fit TA-05's?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Has anyone else here found that the 5x8mm hex head alum. ball connector is pretty much useless?

I bought some for my car, but then quickly realised that they are so long that they limit what holes on the inner camber link you can use without having the ball connector hit the diff outdrives. But I figured, no biggy, I don't use any of the holes over the outdrives on the rear of the car, and up front, the stock spacers up front are tall enough that the ball connector wont interfer with the outdrive.

Well, then I found out a couple races ago, that the ball connectors don't reach far enough through the front spacers to securely mount in the camber link holes! And as soon as you tap something with the front wheels, the ball connectors starts to pull out of the hole.

So they're too long to give much adjustment options in the back(leaving you only the two front holes to work with), and too short to mount securely into the front with the tall spacers.

About the only thing they do have going for them is the built in hex head.
Does Tamiya even brand them for use on the bulkheads? I would figure they're only good for mouting shocks. I just use the flourine ball nuts on the stock 3x12mm "grub" type screws.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Could anyone tell me what size 64dp spurs and pinions fit TA-05's?
Hi,
With 105pitch Spurs, the following 64pitch pinions can be used 28T - 48T.
Other spurs that I have tested and fitted includes 100 (more applicable in my case for stock motors), 102, 103 & 104.
In my opinion: 106, 107 & 108 might get scratched from the bottom (although 108 is nice for low-turn modifieds.
Just my 2cents, cheers .
Old 12-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

108T at the VERY most, usually 104/105 is what I use.

ed..: hah.. beat me..
Old 12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ittjv
Does Tamiya even brand them for use on the bulkheads? I would figure they're only good for mouting shocks. I just use the flourine ball nuts on the stock 3x12mm "grub" type screws.
Yeah, I am also using the 3x10 and 3x12 Grub type screws with the blue aluminium 'half-sized ball connectors' and I am using this type of ball connector setups 'where fits' on the car.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I use 104T 64P spur and I am shure that you can use up to 107T with out it sticking out from under the car.
The 108T will probably fit in with out sticking out from under the car, but I can not say for sure.

Can somebody answer to my last post?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Does Tamiya even brand them for use on the bulkheads? I would figure they're only good for mouting shocks.
Yes, that what they're designed for in the first place. Theres no need to use them with the shocks, the standard ball studs work fine for that.

The point of the new ball studs was to eliminate the two piece ball stud/grub screw combo and make it easier to adjust rollcenter.

Great idea in theory, just doesn't seem to work out to well in reality.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

108 doesnt scratch or touch or nothing, i ran one two weeks ago
Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Viat
I use 104T 64P spur and I am shure that you can use up to 107T with out it sticking out from under the car.
The 108T will probably fit in with out sticking out from under the car, but I can not say for sure.

Can somebody answer to my last post?
From what I'm told, the LW suspension is more responsive & adjustable than the original one, but I don't have any personal experience with it yet(I'm pretty happy right now with the stock suspension, & I tend to take my time about making major changes to a car), but if you want any more info than that, just look back through this thread, it's been discussed in some detail here....
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

quick question, blue aramid belt in front or back? I have a blue and a stock one and im not sure about where to put them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.