Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone given a "before and after" report of their '05 after installing one of the plate chassis?

For example....THIS was how it handled before....THIS is how it handled after...
Old 01-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Car was weird last night, was a little loose on the rear, so dropped the oil 5wt to where I had it before (40wt) and removed the roll bar, it got worse, had a looser rear end than an Elephant with dodgy guts...

Any pointers guys?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Car was weird last night, was a little loose on the rear, so dropped the oil 5wt to where I had it before (40wt) and removed the roll bar, it got worse, had a looser rear end than an Elephant with dodgy guts...

Any pointers guys?
front-blue stabilizer/ rear-red or none
50 wt oil
shorten the front turn buckles( move two holes froward on the bulkhead)
lenghten the rear turn buckles

try it , worked for me( BTW I'm using the xenon chassis) and one more thing make sure your diff setting is not to tight and not too loose.

goodluck
Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Any pointers guys?
You may have softened up the rear too much and now its rolling over itself. Go back to where you started and make a small change in the other direction. Hope this helps.

Brant
Old 01-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Yes in fact it is a sloth. Don't ask why cause I have no idea why it's my avatar.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had thought about maybe going stiffer on the front roll bar, running the car on inch up 26mm rims on rubber means you got to try to keep the car pretty flat.

I looked at lengthening the rear turnbuckle this past week, but going out on the hub, it drops the outer ball cup to low so instead of getting a rising rate of camber, the wheel would lean outward on compression, not what is wanted at all.

Will give the front end change and go up on the shock oil all round to 50 instead of 45F and40R plus go from the soft(red) roll bars all round to the next ones up at the front.

Will re-check dif tension to.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

will a 48mm swing shaft fit on a regular non light weight suspension?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Any pointers guys?
Well if it was weird just "last night", but was fine before that, you might want to give the car a quick once over to make sure nothings damaged or come loose.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:18 AM
jas
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

Anyone has a list of the part numbers of the usual spare parts (arms, hubs, etc) that one should stock up for the TA05? I've read that the TA05 shares some suspension parts with other Tamiya touring cars, but really don't know exactly which ones are also for the TA05. Btw, I'm not looking for the upgrade parts like the Lightweight susp. kit, just the normal usual replacement parts. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Has anyone given a "before and after" report of their '05 after installing one of the plate chassis?

For example....THIS was how it handled before....THIS is how it handled after...
I had a customer that gave me feed back of the "before and after". he said before, the car was very comfortable to drive (almost too comfortable) and didn't change anything other than the chassis from Xenon, in his words he said it really "woke up" the car. The car is now very responsive and gain a lot of steering.

Steve Wang
Old 01-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

while we're looking forward for XR05... here's a 'teaser'... not so much bling as the XR (i like the look of XR so far). just got it yesterday and tried to fix it just now for the sake of curiosity

i think i might need to remove the spacer for the center shaft because it's rubbing against the CF upperdeck, then again if i remove it, not sure whether it will affect performance.

and for those who cut the servo mounting hole to fit in to the tub chassis, you can't use the same servo as you need to use the lower mounting hole to fix it onto the chassis

anyway, tomorrow i'll strip it down and put the tub chassis back...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-3r05.jpg  
Old 01-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Arghhhh 2 guy`s on the same planet
hope fully this will give EA confidence in us to get our arse`s in gear

i`ve been at club`s meets where i`m in the c`s & d`s unheard off a year ago regular A jobbie
used to get A @ nat`s aswell
i did expect some knock back in the driving but not this much

groffball
i don`t know about you ,but my performances does have a affect on sales @ track side
the guy`s see me down there & think `He`s got EAmotors, they must be bad ` (but luckiley i have some good drivers putting the results together )

:
Well last night at my new home track I ran the cars back to back in heats and the TA05 was very good, but safe I'm sure I could get it better with time, but it worked well with a setup I just threw on. Now when I ran my 415 I finally got that thing pretty well hooked up, just gotta remove a slight on power push and it will be on rails. I'm happy with my 05 even though the 415 was better last night. I was in such a slump I felt bad representing Eric's motors because my motor rebuilding was slacking. Last night though I was pulling everyone at the end of the straight with the exception of a very good trinity driver.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
I had a customer that gave me feed back of the "before and after". he said before, the car was very comfortable to drive (almost too comfortable) and didn't change anything other than the chassis from Xenon, in his words he said it really "woke up" the car. The car is now very responsive and gain a lot of steering.

Steve Wang
Yeah, CIVIC91 said that adding the upper deck alone to his car really had a nice effect on the car.

I'm still amazed however at the fact that some people are still searching for steering with this car. I'm still running at about 72% dual rate and thats right on the edge of too much steering.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Turn buckle problems

I'm new to the hobby. My TA05 runs well for me, but I have a continual problem with turn buckles falling off. If I just bump the burm or another car, I'm often down.

I've tried low friction, titatium, replacing all again and again. But nothing has worked. Does anyone have any tips for making my turn buckles more resiliant to my lower driving skills?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZacMan777
I'm new to the hobby. My TA05 runs well for me, but I have a continual problem with turn buckles falling off. If I just bump the burm or another car, I'm often down.

I've tried low friction, titatium, replacing all again and again. But nothing has worked. Does anyone have any tips for making my turn buckles more resiliant to my lower driving skills?
My rule of thumb for tie rod ends are if it pops off once......Pop it back on. If it pops off twice......replace it as it will always get worse. I hope this helps.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.