SMELTZ Modified Motors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMELTZ Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by SmeltzRacing; 03-12-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face

tennessee-

if i read it correctly i think that smelz is just trying to get his name out there. he openly admitted that he copied a couple of cuts off of the dennis richey motor. why you hating someone for trying something to help out fellow drivers. i'm glad someone like smelz is modifying motors so that the novice people out there like myself can have an advantage like you kick ass guys. smelz can i buy a motor? most of the upper class drivers are helpful to us lower class drivers. and by the way, what does tbagging have anything to do with racing anyway. keep your private life out your racing homo. hahahahahhahahahahahahaa
Old 08-01-2002, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

first: I don't understand what the big deal is. I have seen two pics of richeys motors and they look almost exactly like my motor that I was tought on. But what are looks anyway? JP's hava a cool looking case but they suck.

Second: There is and has been one real good design for cranks and it is not any different form both richeys and smelts motors. They infact are not much different from any race .21 so how can you say that he copied yo?

Third: This is just a hobby with more expensive toys. WTF is the big deal? Dennis is also (no offense to you) not the only person in the world that can use a timing wheel and a dremil tool to make hp, he's just so happens to be good at it. But whatever, if you think that its worth looking like a moron infront of all the on lookers then go flame away.

Last edited by JPHRacer; 08-02-2002 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Guys, I don't blame that guy from Paris racing for copying one of Dennis' engines. I took apart a "Team Paris" Picco G1 Pro and the dremel work was HACK! The exhaust port was crooked and had more area to one side cut than the other, and all the cuts were squared and super choppy rough. It looked like they used a chainsaw! I know for a fact that this would not look so bad if the "man" Ron Paris had done this 'cause I've had a few of his engines and they were all works of art. I believe Dennis is doing the best work out there since the passing of Ron, and probably is surpassing him a bit. I do my own motors and also friend's motors just like Dennis probably started out, since I learned from racing Boats 15 some odd years ago like him, but I don't want the headaches of all the likes of this thread. I hope Dennis will find the time to get back to engines though!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Smeltz,
Are you doing OS TR's? If so I might be interested in an engine. As for everyone else, if you dont like what he is doing than dont buy one.

Dennis,
You probably are laughing your butt off at all of this bull. I was wondering if you have come up with a fix for the Fuel tank on the TC3 yet.

PS.
These forums are supposed to be educational for those who are new to the sport and also helpful to us guys who have been doing this for 15+ years. We need to just realize that everyone out here is trying to have fun.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

IAMSLOW and TEHNUSEE:

You guys suck....go back to Arizona and race with the lizards!!!

LOL I haven't heard this much trash talking since Brad first got his TC3 and started beating up everyone at CP.

I now know what you're both getting for Xmas: Anger management classes at TommLee University.

I'm gonna miss racing with you guys!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by SmeltzRacing; 03-12-2003 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by SmeltzRacing; 03-12-2003 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

SmeltzRacing:

So far you have been very polite about this whole issue. I can understand your point, but based on the picture noted below and your own admissions of copying, I think you need to find a set of mods all your own.

If I had worked hard to find a grouping of mods that really worked and then found that someone was copying them for whatever reason, I'd be pissed. I know Dennis is a gracious person, but if it were me, I'd ask you to cease copying my work.

Your motives seem good, but it doesn't excuse copying somone's work just because he chooses to no longer produce them. Ask ol Carol Shelby about that
Old 08-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Port Timing

Ok, I have a question here. Just to sort this thing out if you really do more work than just dremel the parts.

Do you polish the internal parts or change anything else in the engine? What about port timing and matching on the sleeve? Do you change that also?
Old 08-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by SmeltzRacing; 03-12-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SmeltzRacing
First of all, you can't just use someones ideas and expect it to work the same. For example, you still have to increase the induction port duration using a tunning wheel or software. Just FYI, I already have another tunning design in the works to replace the current style. If more then anything, the pictures are here to show the kind of work I am capable of and have done for people. I will be posting new pics soon.

Yes, I do polish, change crankcase, sleeve, crank, carb, and button.
Looking forward to the pics
Old 08-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Regional Moderator

SmeltzRacing, I have a question about tuned-pipe and header selection for use with a Rossi Pixi-Black .12 engine. I race on a 1/8th scale style open track with large sweeping turns (Silverbowl Raceway). What tuned pipe and header combination do you recommend for a track like that (for use with a Rossi Pixi-Black .12 engine). With my Picco RR I currently use the RC8128 Trinity In-Line spring-loaded coupler polished pipe/header set. I was told that this pipe is mainly good for low-end power and for torque and from the large track size I race at I can benefit with better performance with a different size tuned pipe. Is that true? What pipe and header do you plan on using with your Rossi Pixi-Black engine? Most people where I race use the NovaRossi 51602 and the 51601 tuned pipes. How does the RC8128 Trinity In-Line spring-coupled pipe set compare and differ in performance to those NovaRossi pipes? Which pipe(s) will be better suited to my particular track conditions?

Also, on non-spring coupled pipes, the pipes that are attached to the header with a silicone gasket and zip-ties, what performance advantages do you receive when you alter and adjust the "space" and "area" between the tuned pipe and header? I heard that the longer you make the space between the pipe and header the engine will produce more top-end power, which is what I want. Have you done this and experimented with this before? What performance gains in different conditions did you notice?

Finally, you previously stated that you are developing a "new" tuning design into your modified engines. I asked you when you will have the tuned Rossi Pixi-Black engines for sale and you stated in about a week or two. Will the tuned Rossi Pixi-Black engines have your "new" tuning design or your "older" tuning design? If the "new" tuning design yields better performance, I would rather wait for your modified Rossi Pixi-Blacks with the "new" tuning design. When will the ROAR legal Rossi Pixi-Blacks featuring your "new" tuning design be available? Like I stated before I need it to be ROAR legal and with a SG crankshaft.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by racer rich; 08-05-2002 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:19 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Guys please don't start moding an R12 rossi until you have got the thing under control. Use the ROSSI pipe with this engine, the thing works. There is a small carb problem with the Rossi, fix the carb and you will have little need for any more fiddling!
I have been very happy with the performance of the engine.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by SmeltzRacing; 03-12-2003 at 11:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.