Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano
some parts testing....
try 2.5 chassis, is very good on mod class
Same here...

Is the 2.5mm chassis in the same grade of the stock chassis?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

hi all, sorry but I haven't time to try 2.5 chassis, probably next time
Old 08-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Stefano, I'm having trouble with the steering slider getting bound up with dirt and tire dust. How do you keep your steering from binding up ?
Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag88
Stefano, I'm having trouble with the steering slider getting bound up with dirt and tire dust. How do you keep your steering from binding up ?
Thanks.
clean with tire cleaner, compressed air and use little bit bearings oil, my steering is always clean, use only air for clean
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

I think we will have some problems with that steering system... With the most flexible chassis, the torsion bind the steering... this system is not viable as it is, we need something monobloc... I've tried to mount the 1.5° part instead of the 0°, the direction only works on the left...

We will obviously need clean steering parts, but we also need to rethink the steering mounts...
Old 08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Airwave
I think we will have some problems with that steering system... With the most flexible chassis, the torsion bind the steering... this system is not viable as it is, we need something monobloc... I've tried to mount the 1.5° part instead of the 0°, the direction only works on the left...

We will obviously need clean steering parts, but we also need to rethink the steering mounts...

not really ... When I first saw the steering system I thought the same as you but after running it there's no such problem. The pins have some 'float' side to side and there is no binding what so ever in flex. The binding I get is from dirt and tire dust on the pins as the block slides over the pins. So far I'm quite happy with the car on asphalt. I may change my mine when I hit the carpet.

I don't understand what your saying about the Ackerman blocks.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag88
not really ... When I first saw the steering system I thought the same as you but after running it there's no such problem. The pins have some 'float' side to side and there is no binding what so ever in flex. The binding I get is from dirt and tire dust on the pins as the block slides over the pins. So far I'm quite happy with the car on asphalt. I may change my mine when I hit the carpet.
I don't understand what your saying about the Ackerman blocks.
exatly! the slop side to side of Steel Pin allows to flex the chassis, Airwave please verify this slop is very important!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

I do have this slop, no problem with the 0° part. But I got the 1.5° part, and it cannot move freely on the steel pins... you can move the steering on the right, but it cannot move to the left, as the part was wrongly machined...

This steering works for me too, as I'm not running in very high grip conditions... We'll see...
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

I do have this slop, no problem with the 0° part. But I got the 1.5° part, and it cannot move freely on the steel pins... you can move the steering on the right, but it cannot move to the left, as the part was wrongly machined...

This steering works for me too, as I'm not running in very high grip conditions... We'll see...
now I Understand, please contact distributor, for change the parts
this car running very well on low/medium grip conditions, high grip need to use 2.5mm chassis
Old 10-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Tech Rookie

news from wrc,
there will be some improvements with a special update kit expected for mid november
stay tuned
Old 10-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Indeed, great updates from all the factory drivers... You will love the new T ;-)
Old 10-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kubla
news from wrc,
there will be some improvements with a special update kit expected for mid november
stay tuned
Indeed, great updates from all the factory drivers... You will love the new T ;-)

Mine is hanging on the wall. The issue I have with the steering is apparently only happening too me ...
I'm interested to see the improvements.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

last week we ran a 12h lasting race on dirty asphalt (the track is near an off road one and there was some wind)
every time we change the batteries (30 min) we spray a little bit of cleaner on the steering block and pins
we had no problem with the steering, we took second place first place by wrc too
our car was running with 2,25 chassis
Old 10-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

That's strange... I've used mine for all the summer races and trainings... about 50 packs in total... And the only thing i've done is to clean the steering with the air compressor and check that the small axle supports have not moved... They can rotate a little bit and bend the steering... I've seen no other problem...
Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

We've spraied cleaner only to avoid the block of steering, during a 12h race it could be have happened

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.