Old 04-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

and where did u get the box for it
Old 04-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by evo3s
how big is the fan
It`s a 90mm computer fan..

The box is a "Clipsal" industrial/weatherproof power point case.

The fan fitted perfectly with only a couple of mm`s taken off each corner to fit.

I found/borrowed these from work so i couldn`t tell you how much they are.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks a lot
Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by NOZ69
Here`s one i`ve built.. (to the right of pic) i mainly use it to cool the motor down after each race , just sit the car on top of it.

The pic to the left is my Discharger

Cheers
is that speaker wire? i always wondered. its low resistance, and the good stuff is pretty fat. and takes many amps. and seems copper? so how good is it to use for any rc car electrical purposes?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

speaker wire vs silicon wire is good question.

I think for our purposes comparing say 12 guage silicone wire to 12guage speaker wire you will notice that the speaker wires come with thicker less flexible insulation. Not an issue for making charging leads but i would not use it in a car. I think they weight more and if running pan cars can effect tweak since the wire is more ridgid then silicon wire

I think the wire alone is comparable though
Old 04-27-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by greencactus3
is that speaker wire? i always wondered. its low resistance, and the good stuff is pretty fat. and takes many amps. and seems copper? so how good is it to use for any rc car electrical purposes?
Yeah it is speaker wire i had left from my car stereo install.

I think that using it for making stuff like dischargers & other things you wont have any probs. I just wasn`t going to buy any "Silicon Wire" just for home made stuff.

As "Joel" said using it on/in the car wouldn`t be that good as it hasn`t got the "Flexibity" that the Silicon has.

Cheers
Old 04-27-2005, 05:34 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

cooling the battery does not help. you only cool down external part of the battery...
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

cooling the battery does not help. you only cool down external part of the battery..
You are joking right?
I wanted to point out that our TwoLane charger has a built-in fan for cooling batteries. To say somehow a fan is bad for the batteries is just amazing to me, but in any case the speed is adjustable, from OFF to HURRICANE, so you decide how much cooling you need.
I also note our charger has a plastic body, you don't want to sit batteries on metal grates which can easily short them out accidently and cause an explosion.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

guys look very closely on the trinity batts adds on the magazine. they're using giant fans to match batteries.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any ideas for cooling batteries prior to charging when the outside temperature is 90° F and up? The outside temp. last weekend was 91° F. My delta mV was set at 5 and the battery peaked at 155° F (ouch). I dropped it to 3mV and my next battery peaked at 140° F. I'm worried about the peak temp. when the outside temp. is 98° - 100° F. My chargers will not go below 3mV.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

oh yes i see. so speaker wire's main fault is the relative inflexability. then how about instead of battery bars? stranded copper wires are supposedly better? another thread around sumwhere i think,
Old 04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by dakrat
guys look very closely on the trinity batts adds on the magazine. they're using giant fans to match batteries.
thats because that little room gets really hot....would you want to be in there matching cells without a fan to cool you off???
Old 04-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Little Bahnatka
thats because that little room gets really hot....would you want to be in there matching cells without a fan to cool you off???

as u can see, the fan is pointed at the rack of batteries not the matchers...
Old 04-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by nimble
I wanted to point out that our TwoLane charger has a built-in fan for cooling batteries. To say somehow a fan is bad for the batteries is just amazing to me, but in any case the speed is adjustable, from OFF to HURRICANE, so you decide how much cooling you need.

--- i use a fan underneath the batts while i charge them. i feel the batts charge more consistently this way...
Old 04-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just couldn't resist this one...
If cooling Ur batteries with a fan only "cools" the outside of the battery, how much "gap" do U think there is between the chemical covered Plates inside it? Seems to me, cooling the outside of an ESC causes heat to be tranfered to the "OUTSIDE"!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.