Originally posted by robk
Not trying to rain on your parade but look at the races

Vegas-Sept
Roar Asphalt-Oct
Cleveland -Nov
Novak Race (WI) - Jan
Snowbirds -Feb
Roar Carpet-Mar

December is the holiday season and time is hard to come by.

Don't get me wrong, a big race at a trade show is just what we need to get exposure. Timing is key however.
Good point, bu I really dont care about ROAR. Everyone is tired of the same old crap from them. If I offer the racers a better alternitive to a ROAR race I don't see why people would not show up. I am going to try to avoid a conflict as much as possible. However with the number of "big races" out there I dont think that will be possible. I will not do this race around Cleveland, the Snowbirds of the Novak race. I will see. Nothing is set in stone yet, still working of the venue.

Please keep the ideas coming guys.

-Andrew
Old 03-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Every thought of moving it westward and couple it with RCX?
It is in May and right before the Reedy Race of Champions which draws huge names. Maybe another option in the future. But it would be alot easier to just get one of the Aniehem Convetion Center rooms next to the RCX and man could you amagine hwo many spectators on Sunday for the Mains.....I know if I wern't racing I would get a two day pass just so I could watch the action...Plus it gives some of the big Name guys time to smooze with the regular folks. Just a thought.
Stephen <><
Old 03-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

R/C Promotions,
If you have the means to put on a race/show of this proportion move full speed ahead with your ideas. It will only be good for our hobby.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

CALL THE TRUMPSTER!!

The DONALD!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by R/C Promotions
Good point, bu I really dont care about ROAR. Everyone is tired of the same old crap from them. If I offer the racers a better alternitive to a ROAR race I don't see why people would not show up. I am going to try to avoid a conflict as much as possible. However with the number of "big races" out there I dont think that will be possible. I will not do this race around Cleveland, the Snowbirds of the Novak race. I will see. Nothing is set in stone yet, still working of the venue.

Please keep the ideas coming guys.

-Andrew
Just curious.

You mention disenchantment with ROAR races etc, so why not do your part and put on a better ROAR race. This is what R/C racing needs at this time. So rather than saying "ROAR sucks, I am going to something better", why not say "ROAR sucks, I am going to make IT better.

The main problem with organized racing is we have several capable promotors running events with no common goal other than to further their own agendas.

If Boylan, Scotty, Jimmy Babcock, Joey C, and you could all come together under one organization (ROAR, NORRCA, or someting new), R/C racing would be much better off now and in the long run.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
Just curious.

You mention disenchantment with ROAR races etc, so why not do your part and put on a better ROAR race. This is what R/C racing needs at this time. So rather than saying "ROAR sucks, I am going to something better", why not say "ROAR sucks, I am going to make IT better.

The main problem with organized racing is we have several capable promotors running events with no common goal other than to further their own agendas.

If Boylan, Scotty, Jimmy Babcock, Joey C, and you could all come together under one organization (ROAR, NORRCA, or someting new), R/C racing would be much better off now and in the long run.
Makes sense to me...
Old 03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't care to be associated with ROAR. Things go from bad to worse with them. I am not looking to bash ROAR here, I am just saying that I am looking to promote our hobby and get some major exposure in a big city.

What I am setting up will be bigger than any ROAR national event. I am not looking to get involved in the semantics and politics of R/C racing. I am looking to help the hobby and run a fun, entertaining show for all who attend. ROAR has done nothing to promote the hobby outside of the hardcore racer. Do you think that anyone outside of the "racing circle" knows what ROAR is? I am looking to appeal to everyone, not just racers. My goal with this event is bring many new people to this hobby that we all love and enjoy.

With that said, I am not going to bash ROAR or get into a pissing match about what needs to be changed to make ROAR better. This thread is about my event.

So please, lets keep this on point and keep the ideas coming.

-Andrew
Old 03-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

I like the idea. Plus, its close to a tourist area so the family wont be bored the whole week.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rcguy2477
I like the idea. Plus, its close to a tourist area so the family wont be bored the whole week.
YEP!!!Now my wife might go.(To shop!!)
Old 03-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Twin-Kyle
YEP!!!Now my wife might go.(To shop!!)
If I go I willhave to refinance the house so she can shop...LOL
Stephen <><
Hey R/C Promotions what are your thoughts on my RCX idea for your West Coast race?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
If I go I willhave to refinance the house so she can shop...LOL
Stephen <><
Hey R/C Promotions what are your thoughts on my RCX idea for your West Coast race?
I do like the idea. I am devoting all my time to getting this one event up and running right now. If all goes well we shall see for next year. I know I do want to expand and do more races through out the year. But you have to crawl before you can walk, so I am just concentrating on this event right now.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

While you may not like ROAR and a lot of the things they do, by making a blanket statement like this:

Good point, bu I really dont care about ROAR. Everyone is tired of the same old crap from them. If I offer the racers a better alternitive to a ROAR race I don't see why people would not show up.
Makes me wonder how successful this venture my really be. In the long run, it's not about what you want, it's what those who are willing to pay to attend want. If I am a manager of a major team and I have a choice to send my drivers to your race or to a ROAR National, I would be foolish not to send them to the ROAR event. ROAR isn't even close to perfect, and Dawn can confirm I have been extremely critical of them. However, ROAR still holds the keys to the IFMAR Worlds and there's a lot of presteige to the "ROAR National Champion" title.

I do wish you the best of luck though. Any positive media of R/C is in the long run a good thing.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Although having this in NYC seems like a good idea, it has its faults...

I have no idea if you are an RC racer yourself, but look at what most of us bring to races.... We carry a lot of equipment... Having the race in NYC; Jacob Javits center, I'm assuming, is not a prime location... The racer need to be able to get their stuff to the track, there's no way you're going to be able to pull up a car, unload and park it... Not happening.... then there's those who will come from the surrounding area's serviced by the LIRR, Metro-North and NJ Transit... Getting you'r stuff onto a RR car and from Penn station to JJ center would be a nightmare.... You could attempt to carpool it, spend $30 plus to park in a garage.... The NYC Brownies will ticket the shit out of your car in you're on the street....

You want to do the NY Metro area.... Pick another area.... Nassau Coliseum, The Meadowlands.... Anywhere....
Old 03-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

I know you don't care about ROAR. But, if i'm correct the top 10 drivers from the 12th and TC Mod class qualify respectively in those classes for the IFMAR Worlds. Since the next World Championship is next year. The drivers for the Worlds will be chosen from this years Asphalt Nationals. Now, if I were a company or team owner and i have to choose which race my drivers will be attending? Undoubtedly it will be the Nationals so my drivers have a chance to qualify to race for the most coveted title in R/C. Now, I know you're upset with ROAR and say you don't care about them. But, just cause you don't like them doesn't mean you need to go out and shoot yourself in the foot on this one. Take the extra time and put yourself together an awesome race in the first part of the year next year. I wish the best of luck for you and hope your race turns out great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.