Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 01:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Transmitters

Hey to all just wondering would anyone be able to tell me why a good transmitter is important i have a standard 1 and it does the job can any1 help.thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Transmitters

Originally posted by jonto100
Hey to all just wondering would anyone be able to tell me why a good transmitter is important i have a standard 1 and it does the job can any1 help.thanks
good performance and quality come with a price...and if u mean your'standard radio' is the 'am' type, it does make a big difference compared to 'fm' radio especially in the responce and control...once u'll try it u'll notice it..just my thoughts....
Old 03-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default radios

Biggest difference between high end and low end FM is adjustability and the abilityto compensate with the radio for querks of your car.Some of the high end radios have the ability to adjust the speed of turn in independent of exit steering.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Transmitter

Thanks for the advice could anyone recommend a good transmitter that isnt to pricy.thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Transmitter

Thanks for the advice could anyone recommend a good transmitter that isnt to pricy.thanks

Helios all the way.it isnt too expensive when compared with other high end radios.and it is amazing.it is all basically the same,just do the grip test
Old 03-31-2005, 07:49 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

your able to get a Megatech (Futaba european/asian brand) 3PK for 200$ on Ebay or less. I held an M8, a Helios, and a R1 and really nothing felt as comfortable as a 3PK in my hand.

I dont feel any fatigue in my hand or arm even in 30+ minute nitro mains.

the 3PK owns all A bit heavy, but very nice to work with.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Transmitter

The Futaba 3PM is also a nice radio, good features at a reasonable price and feels very nice in the hand.
Cheers
Old 04-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Post Re:Transmitter

3PK is a sweet one which is what I use newly outfitted with the Spektrum module. But the others are great as well . Go to your local shops and feel which feels the most comfortable to you and how you like the configuration of the settings. You really can't go wrong with anyone of them . Enjoy and good luck.