Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best RTR 4WD 1/10 car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Best RTR 4WD 1/10 car?

Im new to the hobby (besides the regular toy RC's everyone had as a kid).
This time I want a prety decent car. But since I have absolutely no idea on assembling stuff, I want it to be ready to have fun with out the box (besides maybe needing to buy batteries+charger separetely)

I want it to be 4WD because I like the extra easiness and solid behaviour of 4WD. I also hate aesthetically the thin front wheels on 2WD buggies.

I've been recommended this so far:

Kyosho Lazer ZX5 with the Orion Brushless motor RTR

kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=104173

kitsmodelismo.es/coches-rc-electricos/2978-coche-rc-electrico-kyosho-ep-lazer-zx5-orion.html

It's 360€ for the deal.

Batteries not included.

This one:
XSTR Pro Top with Brushless Motor

rcmitico.es/cochesmonstersradiocontrol/cochesradiocontrolelectricosbrushless/buggyelectricobrushless110/buggyxstrprobrushless110.php

Im going to be using it for fun mostly, im not going to compete. But I want to have the possibility that if I decide to compete, the car is competitive and can win races if upgraded.

There is a big difference in prices on there, I don't know why. Kyosho seems like the more stablished brand but no idea about specs specifically of every car, as in whats better than what.

What I can see is that the Kyosho radio is 40mhz and the HSP one is 2,4ghz which is great to avoid any interferences. Why Kyosho sells a worse radio than a 160€ car?

The HSP also comes with a 7,4v 6000 mAh 30C lipo battery, which they say it can last up to 40 minutes which is awesome (I dont want a battery that lasts for 15 minutes).

Kyosho motor is an Orion Brushless vs HSP motor is a Brushless 3300 Kv , dunno whats the winner on there. Who is the fastest car in km/h?

Im also interested on roughtness. Who can take more beating without needing to change spare parts all the time? I want a strong car (im not going to be doing stupid jumps but you know what I mean)

Hope anyone with knowledge can do a 1v1 comparation with the cards in detail because the prize diference is huge.

I also accept any other offers of RTR 4WD 1/10

Im willing to spend more cash if it's really worth it.