Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got a chance to run a few more packs today after a few changes. The buggy is now awesome. It drives much smoother then prior to the changes. It's much easier to push the car. Just have to get my mind out of 2wd mode and I should pick up a little bit more time.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Smile

Has anyone had issues with the inner bearings on the rear hubs? I have been through 2 pairs of 5x10s in the hubs. I can't find any clear binding or pinching that might cause extra side load on inner race, so I'm not sure what the problem is
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Reino
I run an 8.5 on a small indoor track. Running the stock spur w/22 pinion. Went to 6 hole 1.0 piston w/losi 30oil in rear. 6 hole 1.1 piston w/34.5 oil front
Slipper is just little loose by feel. 26mm rear 25mm front rideheight. I took all the screws out o the bottom for flex. I removed both swaybars. Went to 4k diff oil in front, 1k diff oil in rear. Car was best its been yet!! First time I could push the car hard I've not had problems w/gears stripping, or shocks leaking. But I did break rear shock tower @ camberlink ball. I've since replaced them w/ TeamSR CF 4mm and it seems bullit proof now! Glad Xray addressed the issues.
I'm running stock setup with a bit heavier diff 12f 7r high bite indoor track
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you xray this why I pay to have the best. A lot of company's can learn a lesson from this
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nice to see feedback from customers have not gone ignored at Xray. All these issues with the XB4 led me to the purchase of a Schumacher a little while ago, but I'm glad Xray is taking care of the situation (I just recently bought a T4 not too long ago too).
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice work Xray,,I am looking forward to getting it out there now,,
I drove it like a bitch,the 1st time out,,because I was scared of breakages,,lol,,

This is great response to the racers out there,,just need alloy rear hubs now.....

and rims,,
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xb4

i just want to say thanks to xray for standing behind there buggy.....

i just ran 2 packs out in the xb4 , the car handled great, was able to tie my personal track record .... but i did break my rear hub, i had it in the outer whole so at least i was able to move it to the inner whole and keep the xb4 on the track tell i can get the part.

i took my diff apart after to packs and it was half out of diff oil , it was leaking out im going to try some gasket maker ill let you know how it works....
Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Had a blast today with the XB4. First real track time for me. Started with a box-stock setup and i've improved the setup every heat. I can drive very constant times with the car.

For me, nothing broke. Another guy broke the front shock tower after a hard crash (exactly at the point where the 'free parts' should fit), but only during his last run.

Had great fun with 3 XB4's at the track. Can't wait to hit the next track.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
My diffs show no sign of leaking after 5 races and 30 minutes of practice on Wednesday. But I have been running a DEX410 for the last two and half years, plus have been running a Nitro tourer since they started as a class. You would say that I have had a bit of practice preparing fluid diffs.

I built my diffs like this
green lime on the o-rings and I put a little on the drive cup shaft before installing it.
Put some diff oil in (1/4), then drop the gears in, top it up some more. It's very important to put oil in the canal behind the satellite gears. Put the second bevel gear in, now at this stage you should not have any diff oil over flowing. It should not be completely full either, the oil needs some space to move around.
Tighten the screws as per manual.

Forget the scales. Heavier oil weight more then the lower oils. (that's a joke or is it?). Those measurement may be fine if you are using the Xray scale, but yours many not be calibrated the same.

I'm heading off to the track now for practice and a race meet. I'll post pictures of my diffs tomorrow.

Here is a picture of my diffs from my last race meet 4 race plus the about 30min of practice. My diffs don't leak, that is only my diff grease that you can see.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-diffs1.jpg  

Last edited by Boz; 01-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poorboy racing
i just want to say thanks to xray for standing behind there buggy.....

i just ran 2 packs out in the xb4 , the car handled great, was able to tie my personal track record .... but i did break my rear hub, i had it in the outer whole so at least i was able to move it to the inner whole and keep the xb4 on the track tell i can get the part.

i took my diff apart after to packs and it was half out of diff oil , it was leaking out im going to try some gasket maker ill let you know how it works....
A tip to help seal the diff is to use Tamiya anti ware grease on the gasket, you can pull it apart and not damage the gasket and you dont have to clean sealent of the gasket, this works great, I have been using this with the onroad diff and works the same with the offroad, also using a grease on the outdrive o rings stops oil from leaking from the out drive.

Regards
Gary
Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I always just smear a very thin layer of diff oil on both sides of the gasket. I've been doing this for several years on 1/8th diffs as well and have never had any issues with the gasket leaking.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My rear diff was leaking a bit around the out drive and after taking it apart, and putting silicone grease around the o-ring it didn't leak anymore.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Very cool Xray has a upgrade kit to fix the car.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

drove it without fear no breaks today . used flanged m3 locknuts and seth's towers. The car held up great!

Also for leaky shocks, just put a lost scte bleeder o ring. I did however strip a spur because I forgot to loctite the motor plate to the motor . The car is tough otherwise, tightened slipper and diffs still butter!! Getting some more testing done tomorrow.....
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
drove it without fear no breaks today . used flanged m3 locknuts and seth's towers. The car held up great!
Sweet, I'd been waiting to hear some feedback on the towers besides George and I who have been running them locally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.