Originally Posted by jakeb
Anyone?
You want the 2x10mm pins.

They will fit securely in both the wheel hexes and the driveshaft

Bent
Old 01-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racer Tick
Does anybody know if the front shock tower from the 16 will fit the 15?
Yes '16 towers will fit.

But they have a slightly altered geometry to go with the new updated suspension arms.

So if you are planning on changing to '16 towers I would suggest getting the matching suspension arms as well to get the updated geometry

Bent
Old 01-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
Nice idea.. The bumper does stick out a little far..Especially for not so great drivers like myself.

Milling would be an issue on 15 cars, as they don't have the center bulkhead screws . Only 4, instead of 6 in the chassis. But I do believe the holes are in the bulkhead, so you could drill the chassis.
I totally agree with Suby as Bugle Boy's front skid/bumper for the XB4 is excellent!! +1 and some. Actually you can run the stock bumper in tandem with the Bugle Boy. The stock bumper needs to be flipped upside down if one wants to use it in tandem with the Bugle Boy front skid/bumper. Maybe be overkill, however if one needs or wants extra protection at the front end, either run just the BugleBoy or flip the stock bumper upside down, as again this will allow you to use both the stock front bumper and the the Bugle Boy front skid/bumper.
BB skid bump works and performs excellent
Old 01-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
I ran the medium braces and side guards today and they did exactly what Bent said they would. The car is easier to drive and not as twitchy. My fast lap was the same as with the hard parts, but I was able to drive hard without it feeling like I was on the edge of control. Thanks Bent. Good advice.
Nice to hear the medium braces and side guards worked excellent. I have them ordered, thus will have them soon.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
I totally agree with Suby as Bugle Boy's front skid/bumper for the XB4 is excellent!! +1 and some. Actually you can run the stock bumper in tandem with the Bugle Boy. The stock bumper needs to be flipped upside down if one wants to use it in tandem with the Bugle Boy front skid/bumper. Maybe be overkill, however if one needs or wants extra protection at the front end, either run just the BugleBoy or flip the stock bumper upside down, as again this will allow you to use both the stock front bumper and the the Bugle Boy front skid/bumper.
BB skid bump works and performs excellent
He is not actually looking for protection.. He was looking to not stick the front bumper in the dirt.

Compare the front center of a D413 to an XB4, to where the front bumper area sits to the wheels. The bugle boy on the XB4 is almost out to the front edge of the tires. The complete opposite of the goal he was trying to achieve.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
He is not actually looking for protection.. He was looking to not stick the front bumper in the dirt.

Compare the front center of a D413 to an XB4, to where the front bumper area sits to the wheels. The bugle boy on the XB4 is almost out to the front edge of the tires. The complete opposite of the goal he was trying to achieve.
That is exactly what that bumper does. The bumper acts as a skid plate and will help tremendously with nose down landings on clay.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723
That is exactly what that bumper does. The bumper acts as a skid plate and will help tremendously with nose down landings on clay.
Exactly as Suby Said. How's it going Suby my friend

With just the XB4 bumper lots of people complained about lawn darting on clay and dirt tracks. Hence the Bugly Boy front bumper/skid works excellent in helping from lawn dart landings.
As far as protection the BugleBoy is amazing. Need mor protection use both the XB4 bumper flipped upside down in tandem with the BBoy and you have tons of protection and better nose down landings. I have only heard people having great results when incorporating the BBoy front bumper/skid.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
Yes '16 towers will fit.

But they have a slightly altered geometry to go with the new updated suspension arms.

So if you are planning on changing to '16 towers I would suggest getting the matching suspension arms as well to get the updated geometry

Bent
Thanks. That was the plan.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Exactly as Suby Said. How's it going Suby my friend

With just the XB4 bumper lots of people complained about lawn darting on clay and dirt tracks. Hence the Bugly Boy front bumper/skid works excellent in helping from lawn dart landings.
As far as protection the BugleBoy is amazing. Need mor protection use both the XB4 bumper flipped upside down in tandem with the BBoy and you have tons of protection and better nose down landings. I have only heard people having great results when incorporating the BBoy front bumper/skid.
how does the Bboy bumper stop it from lawndarting? to me it would just hit the BBoy bumber instead. what he did by grinding down the front is make it so that the wheels hit first instead of the bumper or skid plate making it not stick. Not saying i would do that because I dont have a issue with mine jumpping nose down. I almost want to know what his drag break is set at or setup making it nose dive off a jump. can you please explain how the BBot bumper would help it from still nose diving, just wondering? thanks
Old 01-19-2016, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by randy0025
how does the Bboy bumper stop it from lawndarting? to me it would just hit the BBoy bumber instead. what he did by grinding down the front is make it so that the wheels hit first instead of the bumper or skid plate making it not stick. Not saying i would do that because I dont have a issue with mine jumpping nose down. I almost want to know what his drag break is set at or setup making it nose dive off a jump. can you please explain how the BBot bumper would help it from still nose diving, just wondering? thanks
From my testing and racing the xb4 for a few years I have found the tendency for the front end to dig or catch on landings and lips on jumps especially steep lips. The bugle boy bumper prevents that from happening. It has nothing to do with the car nose diving, however the proper way to jump a wheeler is to have it land at the angle of the landing. I only run the bumper on clay/dirt tracks.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If you have drag brake on then turn it off. Maybe set your throttle trim to a more positive position . Set you car on the ground and add positive throttle until your car is almost moving forward. Alot of time when not hitting the face of the jump with a smooth throttle ppl tend to have to hammer the throttle to get the nose back up .
Old 01-19-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

My esc setup and car setup is perfect. I'm not on here asking for setup advice. I don't NEED that bumper but I can drive far more aggressive with that bumper. I'm a very aggressive driver I'm not a sportsman by any means. I have gotten the exact same feed back about the bumper from racers at my local tracks. IMO it would be like running the b44 without a bumper, it would do the exact same thing.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've had no problem whatsoever with the front of the car sticking landing nose down or any other way. I could see that happening if the shocks are not set up properly, i.e. not enough droop or too soft..
Old 01-19-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

FYI I'm not complaining about the car. On my carpet track or high bite sugar tracks I dont use it. Only on damp clay tracks. I was only showing the bumper as an option before having to hack up the car with a grinder! Ya'll love to spin things here in the opposite direction.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Haha, moving on...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.