Yes

Bent
Old 11-13-2015, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
Yes

Bent
Thx for the quick response, i also just found another part# 361173, whats the difference?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
Thx for the quick response, i also just found another part# 361173, whats the difference?
#361173 is the optional front X-brace for the '15.

The new updated #361174 for the '16 has a bit slimmer design to add more flex = more steering / front grip.

Bent
Old 11-13-2015, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

There's nothing "going on" with spare parts.

They have been readily available since the release of the kit.

When lists where sent out with part numbers for the new kit and spare/option parts every distributor could order as many as they wanted.

First come first serve.

However with the indoor season starting up now I know people have been stocking up on parts.
And with arms, bulkheads and towers being new and updated I know a lot of people have bought parts to upgrade their '15 XB4's as well.

So even here in Europe where stock have been good there has been a real challenge to keep parts in stock.

But production is going full speed so there should be no reason for concern

We're heading to the factory on Wednesday for another race there and can't wait to take another tour of the factory to see the new machines they've acquired since our last visit

Bent
Thanks for that, makes sense why there a little hard to find
Old 11-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bent can you please confirm what type of manufacturing process is used to construct the bevel gear?

Thanks v much
Old 11-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Which bodies can I run on the '14? does it have to be '14 specific or will the '15 and '16 also fit? And are the wing mounts all the same? Wasn't sure if they changed. Thanks.
Also if it's not too much trouble, maybe you could tell me which parts I can use from the '15 on the '14 (arms, towers, etc...)
Old 11-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nat Maniac
Bent can you please confirm what type of manufacturing process is used to construct the bevel gear?

Thanks v much
is the 16 bevel and pinion improved ? is the bulkhead reinforced on top where they break off on hard landings, even if a small carbon U brace was made for the front,would be a big help
Old 11-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Which bodies can I run on the '14? does it have to be '14 specific or will the '15 and '16 also fit? And are the wing mounts all the same? Wasn't sure if they changed. Thanks.
Also if it's not too much trouble, maybe you could tell me which parts I can use from the '15 on the '14 (arms, towers, etc...)
There is the JConcepts Finisher shell that'll fit straight on. The '15 & '16 cars are a bit wider at the rear of the body, but if you use Velcro, it might take up the slack space.

I think most of the differences between the '14 & '15 cars were on the chassis, so that would be many bits to change. Arms and towers are the same I think. You could use the metal diff gears from the '15.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
is the 16 bevel and pinion improved ? is the bulkhead reinforced on top where they break off on hard landings, even if a small carbon U brace was made for the front,would be a big help
I don't know anything about changes to the gears, but the bulkheads have extra bracing on them to help stop them breaking at the top, plus extra material inside to help with gear life/bearing fit.

You will need the '16 shock towers, or to modify the ones you have to clear the extra bracing bits.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
Originally Posted by John Myall
I don't know anything about changes to the gears, but the bulkheads have extra bracing on them to help stop them breaking at the top, plus extra material inside to help with gear life/bearing fit.

You will need the '16 shock towers, or to modify the ones you have to clear the extra bracing bits.
No the pinion and bevel gear are the same as on the '15.

Material have been added to the area where the diff bearings sit in the bulkhead.

Other than that…..read below

Here's the '15 and '16 bulkhead side by side…….

Bent

Here in Europe we run on high grip astro and carpet all the time……..with no issues at all during an entire season of racing at the highest level with boosted 4.5T motor.

People need to:
  • Stop over-tightening screws for the diff housing (allows the diff housing/bevel gear to expand and affect gear mesh).
  • Stop overfilling their diffs (allows the diff housing/bevel gear to expand and affect gear mesh).
  • Stop over-tightening screws for the bulkhead cover using electric screw drivers (allows the diff bulkhead cover to expand and affect gear mesh).
  • Replace worn out bulkhead.
  • Replace both pinion and bevel gear if already stripped one of the gears.
  • Replace shot bearings.
  • Stop cranking their slipper down way too hard and instead set their slipper according to grip level (we run 0mm on the spring/loosest setting).
  • Stop using the 1/8th buggy method of cranking the throttle to get the car back on its wheels.

Just one of these things will affect gear life…….then add up several of them and you WILL have problems !

Material have been added by Xray to where the bearings sit in the bulkhead and to the bevel gear to prevent the gear mesh to be affected by the above points, BUT there is a limit to what you can do before the responsibility has to be on the end user to actually make sure everything is done correctly.

These cars are race vehicles and DO require some knowledge from the end user to perform at their best.

Follow these tips and you will have zero problems with gears wearing out prematurely

Enjoy your upgrade from the B44.3

Bent
Old 11-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

How has this new car running on USA style clay tracks?
Old 11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lagcisco
I think the new '16 only been available in the U.S for a week or 2 now……

Tyler Vik is running the XB4 but I haven't kept up on his racing lately.

So far the Xb4 has been awesome on clay for us……..

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lagcisco
Super good. I ran mine on a day when our track was lower bite and it was super stable and easy to drive. Another day our track was back to normal with tons of traction and the car came to life, tons of steering and corner speed.

I've been trying different adjustments every time I'm at the track but it was really good even just out of the box. The changes are now to dial the car in for my driving style and track conditions. It's also really awesome how sensitive the car is to adjustments. I know on my B5m I can change things and not really feel much difference. On the XB4, everything is a more noticeable change.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can adjust track width with hexes or the suspension holders. What effect does moving the hinge pin in or out compared to using thinner or thicker wheel hexes? Thanks!
Old 11-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LAGuy
You can adjust track width with hexes or the suspension holders. What effect does moving the hinge pin in or out compared to using thinner or thicker wheel hexes? Thanks!
Moving hinge pins is primarily used to affect roll center while using thinner or thicker wheel hexes is used to adjust track width.

Rule of thumb; moving hinge pins out or up gives less roll. Moving them inside or down gives more roll.

Increasing track width takes away grip/steering and decreasing adds grip/steering.

Bent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.