Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think ill start with a 19 after hearing what you guys have to say. Im running on a offroad indoor carpet track. Tight turns.( most are 90 degree and 180 degree turns. With about a 50 Foot back straight id say. .
Old 03-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eboyles
I think ill start with a 19 after hearing what you guys have to say. Im running on a offroad indoor carpet track. Tight turns.( most are 90 degree and 180 degree turns. With about a 50 Foot back straight id say. .
That's a lot of motor for such a small track. Hold on to it and have fun!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone notice the carbon fiber underneath the front and rear top shafts?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwaz23

Anyone notice the carbon fiber underneath the front and rear top shafts?
Yeah I see it. I wonder if that was done to stiffen up the chassis enough to run without top decks. Possibly a temporary solution until 3mm chassis was realeased? Not positive as I am just taking a guess as I don't see the X-brace and the chassis looks to be the standard 2mm. If so this would be more economical on the wallet than purchasing the new 3mm chassis. Easy as well for one to fabricate I would think.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Anyone receive their Rear Rear replacement hanger? Another question: has anyone had any issue with the rear front hanger being off? Thought I would inquire as the rear front hanger looks to be fine.

Best,

N
Old 03-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good eye, Blwaz23. I was reading the EOS report and was checking out MB's ride - never noticed the carbon fiber stiffeners until you pointed them out.

Norse - how do you know its the 2mm chassis?
Old 03-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Good eye, Blwaz23. I was reading the EOS report and was checking out MB's ride - never noticed the carbon fiber stiffeners until you pointed them out.

HeavyD,

I really not positive wether it's the 2mm chassis or not. I think it is likely the 2mm chassis, as I would think the 3mm chassis would not need added rigidity through the use of adding CF stiffiners in conjunction with the composite multifflex chassis braces.

If it is the 3mm chassis I believe that any extra rigidity needed would be through the use of the CF X brace(front top plate). Seeing the pic which does not show the Xbrace but shows the added CF chassis stifffiners makes me think the 3mm chassis and X brace were not yet produced.

However I could be totally wrong.

Best,
Old 03-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

It does not look like the chassis has the milled out areas by the slippers rear bulkhead which you can see on the 3mm chassis. If this is the 2mm chassis I like the idea of the incorporating CF stiffiners with the composite M Flex chassis braces as a cheaper alternative to purchasing the 3mm chassis. If it works well it makes running without top decks a quick option.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been driving this 2015 for about 3 weeks, and this is the best 4wd buggy out by far. I can't wait for the new 2wd buggy.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racer Tick
I've been driving this 2015 for about 3 weeks, and this is the best 4wd buggy out by far. I can't wait for the new 2wd buggy.
I hear that my friend. I have been wanting to get a 2wd buggy and thus am looking forward to the new kit.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Norse
Yeah I see it. I wonder if that was done to stiffen up the chassis enough to run without top decks. Possibly a temporary solution until 3mm chassis was realeased? Not positive as I am just taking a guess as I don't see the X-brace and the chassis looks to be the standard 2mm. If so this would be more economical on the wallet than purchasing the new 3mm chassis. Easy as well for one to fabricate I would think.
Originally Posted by HeavyD99

HeavyD,

I really not positive wether it's the 2mm chassis or not. I think it is likely the 2mm chassis, as I would think the 3mm chassis would not need added rigidity through the use of adding CF stiffiners in conjunction with the composite multifflex chassis braces.

If it is the 3mm chassis I believe that any extra rigidity needed would be through the use of the CF X brace(front top plate). Seeing the pic which does not show the Xbrace but shows the added CF chassis stifffiners makes me think the 3mm chassis and X brace were not yet produced.

However I could be totally wrong.

Best,
It does not look like the chassis has the milled out areas by the slippers rear bulkhead which you can see on the 3mm chassis. If this is the 2mm chassis I like the idea of the incorporating CF stiffiners with the composite M Flex chassis braces as a cheaper alternative to purchasing the 3mm chassis. If it works well it makes running without top decks a quick option.
It's the 2mm chassis with option side panels and carbon stiffeners.

Running without the front X-brace gives a bit more steering as well

Bent
Old 03-28-2015, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BentKa
It's the 2mm chassis with option side panels and carbon stiffeners.

Running without the front X-brace gives a bit more steering as well

Bent
Thank you Bentka for the clarification my friend. I was not aware of there being optional stiffer side pods. With there being optional stiffer side pods that makes total sense in addition to the added CF center brace stiffiners. This is a really cool tuning option as it is efficient both time wise and $wise. Are the center CF stiffiners modified CF top deck parts?

If you don't mind, can you provide the part # for the optional stiffer side pods?

As always much appreciated for sharing your knowledge and experience, as it is always very helpful. ��

Thanks again and have an excellent weekend

Last edited by Norse; 03-28-2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Thank you Bentka for the clarification my friend. I was not aware of there being optional stiffer side pods. With there being optional stiffer side pods that makes total sense in addition to the added CF center brace stiffiners. This is a really cool tuning option as it is efficient both time wise and $wise. Are the center CF stiffiners modified CF top deck parts?

If you don't mind, can you provide the part # for the optional stiffer side pods?

As always much appreciated for sharing your knowledge and experience, as it is always very helpful. ��

Thanks again and have an excellent weekend
The carbon stiffeners are specific parts for the chassis braces and can be used together with or without the chassis flex screws.

Sorry but theres' no part numbers for these parts yet.

And thanks

Bent
Old 03-28-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

It's very nice to have Bent back on the forum!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racer Tick
I hear that my friend. I have been wanting to get a 2wd buggy and thus am looking forward to the new kit.
New Xray XB2 is working really good so far

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.