Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
I marshaled your race last week, your car looked ok but not as settled as the two running at the front of the pack. You can compare your times either if you aren't clipping the apex's like the faster drivers.

I have put my latest setup for our home track on the Xray website if you wish to try it. Some of the stock drivers had a wheel of my car on a practice day with the EPA reduced to stock speed. They liked it because it turned in a little harder then their own cars with stock settings.

Putting the washer under the o-ring is now moving the force/energy that is being absorbed by the chassis to the shock and the shock tower.
The only final I actually completed was the last one, and in that I had a broken front bulkhead (top two screw mounts) and the front driveshaft was busted so I removed it, and ran 2wd. (and was 5-6 seconds a lap off the pace)

Will have a look at your latest set up anyway, thanks.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
The first thing I did was pull all of the rollbars off.
I haven't tried that yet, but I have dropped down to the 1.1 bars all round.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are sway bars for this car bad because the base clay setup sys 1.2 away bars front and rear I'm on a smaller clay track should I remove them? And does anyone make premounted that fit the xb4 yet or are there some hexes I can put to where I can buy premounts for the car? Here's a picture of the track I'm running on so will this setup work I've already been told I should probably run 5 and three in the diffs but I followed the test of this setup sheet pretty exact and haven't had a chance to run the car yet should I change anything? http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/download...sheet_clay.pdf thanks for the help guys I'm also running the diggity shock towers so I have an extra outer mounting hold on the rear tower help is greatly appreciated I also put 30 and 27.5 in the shocks thanks again
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by T3tsaya; 10-30-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The swaybars aren't bad, they're just not suitable for my track. I run outdoors loose dirt/clay and needed to stop it sliding around -> fastest way to do it is to pull the swaybars off. It's probably fairly telling if I say that we need to run ifmar pins or flipouts (or sometimes ifmar studs). In contrast, I would probably put the swaybars back on if I was running, say, barcodes/rebars/whatever and come close to tractionrolling...
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

I've found on our tight technical track no front sway bar and a 1.1 rear work well. Results may vary for others.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I take it back... the car isn't a TANK when going up against a Steel Beam at full speed!!!

Tweaked my aluminium chassis, broke my composite chassis, destroyed my saddle pack.... But I get a newish car with a cool story to tell
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-xraytub.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-xrayparts.jpg  
Old 10-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joeymdz
I take it back... the car isn't a TANK when going up against a Steel Beam at full speed!!!

Tweaked my aluminium chassis, broke my composite chassis, destroyed my saddle pack.... But I get a newish car with a cool story to tell
Did the topdeck hold?

Is the new aluminium chassis flat lying on its own on a glass board? Because my new one isn't...
On the other hand the aluminium chassis is so soft on its own that it'll probably get straightened out when attached to the plastic chassis.

BTW: Picked up my XB4'14 yesterday, carbon parts are sealed now and I'll start the build this weekend

Regards,
David
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niemand
Did the topdeck hold?

Is the new aluminium chassis flat lying on its own on a glass board? Because my new one isn't...
On the other hand the aluminium chassis is so soft on its own that it'll probably get straightened out when attached to the plastic chassis.

BTW: Picked up my XB4'14 yesterday, carbon parts are sealed now and I'll start the build this weekend

Regards,
David

everything held. I thought for sure an arm was going to be severed off but to my surprise it didn't.... I just destroyed everything else! lol

the old aluminium chassis was bent and tweaked from side to side. the new aluminium chassis didn't lay down perfectly flat but wasn't tweaked.

I'm still waiting for my 2014 to arrive*
Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The chassis is quite soft, my v1.0 was bending at the rear after ten packs, just the tiniest bit but still disconcerting. The chassis wears badly at the rear as well. A harder/stiffer chassis would be nice not only for tuning options but to increase the durability.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What, it jumped out at you?

I'm still waiting for my 2014 to arrive*
This didn't have anything to do with it?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silvalis
What, it jumped out at you?

This didn't have anything to do with it?
Bad driving on my end, it caught air and a mystery beam magically appeared.

I got the car used, its about months old, time to update but I might keep the 2013 for my son to race with. Absolutely love the car
Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
The chassis is quite soft, my v1.0 was bending at the rear after ten packs, just the tiniest bit but still disconcerting. The chassis wears badly at the rear as well. A harder/stiffer chassis would be nice not only for tuning options but to increase the durability.
In short, a rear bumper will be nice, like what is on the K1.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by leongkc
In short, a rear bumper will be nice, like what is on the K1.
Really not needed......nothing wrong with the original chassis as it wears very well (unless you're constantly chassis slapping)

Tuning chassis flex is done with the flex screws and longer top deck or additional rear chassis brace

If you're concerned about excessive chassis wear due to a very rough track you could always opt for the Bugle Boy front bumper and chassis undertray

Bent

Last edited by BentKa; 11-01-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Added Bugle Boy info
Old 11-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Tech Initiate

XB4 2WD pics and tech. So it is probably a 2WD version, for NOT low traction;
http://www.rcspecial.com/news/?p=134909
Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bola
XB4 2WD pics and tech. So it is probably a 2WD version, for NOT low traction;
http://www.rcspecial.com/news/?p=134909
All info in this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...al-thread.html

And on Xray's website:

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4-2wd/

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.